Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:07 am

Good Morning.

I slept well last night for me I was up 2 times with DKids but that is sorta normal.

B: Breakfast Burritos and cereal.
L: Fried chicken, potatoes, green beans
D: Salmon patties, green salad

Today's appt outside of the house =
** 7:45 take DGD6 to school
** 11:15 DS9 to school for lunch & recess with his friends. I'll do some volunteer work while he does that.
** 2:15 DS9 to chiropractor
** 3:45 pick DGD6 up from school

Twins - maybe involve your DH & DKids in menu planning process? Ask once a week what dishes they would like to have? It's hard to gripe if you're the one who planned it. And if no one gives menu planning input then that's their fault. They can gripe at themselves. :shock: :?

thinking......is it K&K that has menu plan in google calendar they share? I remember someone doing it but I can't remember who.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 am

cleaned my first freezer - done :D

I am glad you slept well d lady! good morning!

Good morning d twins! enjoy your massage -good for you!

d kathryn I am sorry your throat is still giving you a problem!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:37 am

The desserts to military serving in Kuwait project keeps refusing to be finished. A week ago I posted on the church FB that we would take dessert donations to send until last Sunday. Guess what showed up last night? Two more people brought donations. One person brought a large cardboard box filled with canned vegetables. rEally? For dessert? The box easily weighed 40lbs. There was no way I am paying to ship canned vegetables. I unpacked the box and put the vegetables in the church pantry. It felt dishonest to do that but it seemed like the best solution at the moment. After I left church last night, I took the other dessert donations to DFriends home which required me to drive 10+ miles on gravel country roads in the dark. I have now taken 3 loads of donated dessert food to DFriends home. I have waaay exceeded my feeling of being DONE with this project. I remain soooo very thankful DFriend is doing the packing/shipping of items.

Yesterday I was able to get 16 turkeys and hams into the hands of volunteers to cook them. I was able to sidestep the guy who cooked one last year that no one would eat (it was cooked in some sort of black brine). Another lady shared that she planned on cooking a ham late Saturday because she didn't have room in her refrigerator for it. UHmmmmmm WHAT? I had to scramble a little behind the scene when I found out that bit of information but it worked out okay. When that lady came to get her ham to cook, they were already all taken. No need for her to cook one. Thank you very much.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:02 am

LadyM: yes it is us that have a google calendar for meal plan

Ask me if I use it!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:07 am

refrigerator surface done but ready for thanksgiving. I have 3 dishes that have to sit in the fridge until taking it to d sis in law

well done on the google calendar used for a menu plan d lady - that wasn't dishonest - it was practical and the donation will help the community. I know when I did a collection I was shocked (and sometimes disgusted) at what people donated. It is wonderful what you and your df did!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 am

I have to leave in a couple hours - hoping you are having a great day

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 am

First I'd heard of the scandal, lucylee. But it's in a long line that has always criss-crossed all party directions. We had those in our region who spent lifetimes covering up the very things they spouted against for their long careers in Holier-than-Thou, putting their families into embarrassed identity confusion later. It's such a cliche' that it's part of the theme of several movies. I hope it makes you feel better that some areas probably have such pressing headlines otherwise that this isn't a household word particularly.

Morning Daily Card done well here, with a second load of laundry in now.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:39 am

praying your d sil finds that paper!
Oh, she did find it last night -finally-, BW2. It's now copied multiple times and in a page protector and in his notebook. I think it was in the notebook at one time and he must have taken it out for something or other.

Been rearranging things on my computer desk so I could get some of dd's things off a bookcase in our room. Now I believe I am going to our cabinet in the garage and see what I can bring in. (small world -dh just came to me & said the same thing).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 am

hi d harriet!!!

thank goodness she found it d dee!!!

okey dokey - I may or may not be back - dd younger is getting her eyebrows done and I have d mom soon
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am

I'm s2s, bedroom tidied. Dh vacuumed the kitchen and office before his conference call so I was able to mop the kitchen floor.

I'm out of floor cleaner, ran out about a month ago. It was a bottle I'd had since long before the move since our vinyl flooring benefited from the special stuff but it can also be used on tile floors like I have now.

I mopped 2 weeks ago with vinegar, water and a bit of dish soap. I think it is more expensive than the cleaner (that bottle lasted at least 5 years for about $10 and vinegar is $2 a jug on sale and I'll need a 1/2 a cup per bucket.)

I'm taking a short break now and then will do the dusting and hang up the load of laundry I did.

Blessed: I've been dealing with disgusting donations and duplicate nice donations for ages now (we're up to four new sets of measuring cups and spoons.) The pots are still a bone of contention for me - the ones R has are pretty awful and I have a new set for $15 waiting for her to say yes.

Return to “Post When You Can”