Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday's PWYC - It's Tomorrow!

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm

I find myself wondering.......

If I was accused of doing something 40 years ago, how would I prove that I didn't do it?

A person can be innocent but still be ruined by the accusation. It doesn't seem to be innocent until proven guilty except in a court. On the other hand....OJ case publically taught us that a person can be guilty and still be found innocent in a court of law. But not in the opinion of people.

When the accusations are made in social media or the news, then the damage to reputation is done regardless of innocence/guilt.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

I am sorry you are getting bad donations too - I totally understand!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Harriet: if that's the first you've heard of the scandal I applaud you on maintaining a news blackout. The only newscast we listen to is the Canadian Broadcasting Radio News in the morning and again, on occasion at 6 p.m. while preparing dinner. And I heard of it on that. Now that wasn't my first place hearing it, but I listen to both right leaning and left leaning US political podcasts as well as NPR news so I'm well connected with any whiff of US political scandals.

LadyM: I agree about not knowing what I was doing 40 years ago and I know I can't remember all the names of people I knew from school so if someone made a claim against me, I'd be just as vague. But then again, in this case there's a certain amount of admission from the accused that while he can't remember specifics, the behaviour is in character. For instance, Moore said he doesn’t “remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother.” So it certainly sounds like he was dating young girls. With permission and technical consent even if due to power imbalance was full consent possible?

Which then takes us back to perception. To my ears, that's pretty creepy. But in other cultures it isn't necessarily so and the United States is a big country with many regional differences and cultures (as are many countries.) With the national media concentrated in two areas of the country, it is reporting through a lens that may not apply locally. That lens has caused many, many, 'political upsets' (i.e. media not reporting what the actual voters are feeling) from Bush 2's reelection, to Harper's re-election in my country (where the media is concentrated in just one area), to Trudeau's election in my country, to Brexit, and to the current president in the US. And those are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 pm

My minister just called to try and reschedule our meeting next week. He's also running interference for me on another matter. I offered to preach for him to make up for me taking up so much of his time (he's on study leave at the moment.) He's got it all worked out so we're good. Forgot to ask him about Dec. 3. He's organizing that and I'm trying to come up with a set-list for dh and I (and our tenor.)

Now I'm getting a catchy cough. This is a good thing (cold is progressing through me.) Drinking water like crazy. Off to get a vitamin C to suck on while I dust.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Wow! Three pages already! Guess I will be adding my 2¢ (warning - may be worth half that). Took me forever to find that cents character. The main tasks of yesterday were completed: dance practice + make vats of mashed potatoes and gravy for payroll potluck. This will be the first decent lunch I have all week. Things have been so rushed, I have been just throwing together easy stuff. Boring, but nutritious enough. Also washed and dried a LOL, but have not put away.

I checked the bills and there is nothing due until next pay cycle. This is good because I am down to two digits in the checking account until the 24th. Was so tired, I actually went to bed earlier than usual.

I really need new glasses. I read lucylee's DD's laundry pile as 10 FEET with other higher piles! Unfortunately, I cannot get new glasses until August 2018. In answer to her question, I am not indifferent WAR D*MN EAGLE!!!

Must do a DPC soonest.

I have learned that any politician who makes his or her career on "family values" does not have any. This is irrelevant of party affiliation.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 pm

:lol: That was me, Elizabeth, and yes dd's laundry pile was a mere 10 INCHES. And to top that off I just finished doing 2 LOL belonging to DSonil and I have it all folded and placed in the piles on said table.

I've managed to sort the contents of that cabinet in the garage. Now just waiting for dh to bring it to the office and we'll put the rest of our food type things in it. Some will be the things we've set aside for Thanksgiving dinner. Some bottles of beverages dh is getting rid of. They were given to him before we left up north. Note to self (and dh) WE ARE NOT BRINGING ANY OF SAID BEVERAGES WITH US NEXT YEAR! No matter how 'free' they are.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:16 pm

quick hi
hi d elizabeth as well

and to all a good night (day)

hand washed the kitchen floor after vacuuming
I have not managed the clutter and it looks that way but I did empty the clean dishes - refilled dishes (they are washing themselves), counters cleaned
and only wiped half the stove - I have no idea how it looks dusty

time to head out ... ta ta!!

I tend to believe those that profess hatred/judgement or are not kind on others based on the bible tend to call themselves the most religious or most virtuous above others loudly. I tend to go with John 8:7 - we all aren't perfect and will have lapses in understanding or judgement that we need to see and address (hopefully keeping me humble) ; but, I have a hard time with those who use their faith to justify poor behaviour and hatred. I am a huge believer that one faith is no better than another and should be respected.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:30 pm

I am home again - I've felt that I was getting a cold since day before yesterday but it hasn't progressed. Massage therapist suggested colloidal silver for immune system support - I bought some but am now reading the online warnings about it.

CVS says by law they can't take back a script once it leaves the pharmacy. Dh will just have to deal with it! If he had mentioned the issue with getting it approved before, I would have known not to accept it if insurance didn't cover it.

I plan ask dh for menu suggestions (both entree and veggie) and perhaps dkids too, while they are still here. I went through Whole Foods for the colloidal silver and picked up some red lentil pasta and a spaghetti squash also. I am really trying for this WOE (way of eating) but it feels like I am just defeated every time I go out. And now, we'll be out tonight also. And adding them to the google calendar, fwiw is a good idea also - altho he doesn't pay much attention to it anyway. (Tai Chi: it took him I don't know how many weeks to remember that I had Tai Chi on Wed nights, then he came in at six p.m. on evening and asked why I wasn't there - it was at 7 p.m.) Or he'll put things on the calendar for us and they aren't visible to me.

In fact, I'm feeling downright discouraged - but I get this way when the time changes every year.

Al election for senator - yes I have been following. I think his hometown is only about 100 miles from here? Agreeing with Kathryn that it does sound as tho he dated young women. And how times have changed. Remembering that in genealogy we're warned not to judge our ancestors by the standards of today. OTOH this was only 40 years and it sounds in character from some reports.

I helped dd's girl scout troop sort donations for the food bank one year - you'd be shocked at how many donations they get of food past the expiration date. It had to be discarded, of course.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:42 pm

I am fighting with the pattern for a swiffer cover I am trying to do. Taking a bit of a break from it. I think I will try knitting the next one sigh.

I will be heading out to plant that rose bush, nope no need for a green house just have to figure out where to put it in, and leaves need raking.

Did another dump cake still trying to figure out the timing the warmer setting helped. I guess I enjoy a challenge.

Got the rocks painted and are drying all but one. They changed the day, I am not so keen on doing it during the week not sure why, maybe just bc Dec. Can get busy.

H has been feeling puny and not felt like eating so no mojo for cooking much or shopping either here. Glad we stocked up on soup.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Dusting is done, the mop, bucket and vacuum put away and the load of laundry hung up. So from a housework point of view, today is going very well.

I need to tidy up paperwork because even with all the cleaning I've done, the apartment is not company ready. I work for about 20 - 30 minutes then rest for the same amount of time. I've been resting while eating lunch (toast and butternut squash soup) so it is time to find another podcast to distract me while I perfect my home.

Update: over that 20 minutes I didn't tidy but I did wash up today's dishes and tidied the kitchen a bit more. Then I took the outside flower pots that will winter inside, and washed them up in the laundry room sink down the hall. That helps to tidy up since the 7 pots have been stacked in the kitchen as one of my to-do piles. Now they are put away properly.

I've pulled out the remaining outdoor plants and stacked their pots outside.

Return to “Post When You Can”