FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:52 am

I tried goats milk this morning in my coffee - not doing that again - I like fresh goat cheese but definitely not in my coffee :D

My d family has not given me many ideas this year - we go shopping the day after thanksgiving downtown so I am getting a bit anxious - not really but we like to have our name picks gift ideas so that we won't cause them stress.

good morning elizabeth

now to reality.
i did look at a cheap pair of night vision glasses for dh (he likes unusual items) but found it was not worth the money. He is a hard one to buy for.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I need to vacuum sigh might need to buy a new one.
Feeling a cold hanging around not good h had a bit of yhe flu this week had not been wanting dinner. Nice weather again here so more yd. Work, next week is rain Mon. Th. So I want to do as much as I can now. It is good exercise and improves my mood.
S2s next up. X
Feeling out of sorts and a bit stiff & cranky today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Worked on the laundry room and have rearranged it. Actually I'm surprised at how many odds 'n ends I've been able to logically put in there that were out and about. Think dd will be pleased that things are beginning to come together. I swept in there (and actually swept up a $ bill that I think came out from under the dryer) but didn't mop. Will wait to do that. DD has a glass door cabinet that we had planned to put in the office. However, I don't think it will fit anywhere. Will ask her later about putting it along the hallway between the dining room and ;) the laundry room/garage. She might consider putting all her good dishes in it I'm thinking. We'll see -her ideas and mine don't always coincide so I'll have to figure out how to present it. May just get it emptied and have dh bring it in and 'happen' to leave it against that wall for now. :? :lol: We have an antique dresser to bring in to our room. Need to get it emptied first so he can move it. I'll head out there after I take a break.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 pm

struggling on staying focused - so using card file

kitchen, emptied clean dishes
put in breakfast and any stray dishes
counters cleaned
vacuumed floor again and washed floor by hand again (sigh it was still dirty) but I am done with that today

More cards pulled
- the I don't wanna cards - I missed tuesday bc I slept - bathroom cards pulled - I don't wanna 8-) ;)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Here's the 'get up and go' for you blessed! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now go for it! Hope that helps.

I've emptied dd's one glass cabinet and almost have our dresser emptied. Unfortunately dh is feeling quite poorly today. Said his tummy bothered him all night and he's having a lot of discomfort today. He's in our recliner and covered up (he's cold) and dozing. Had figured on him moving these two pieces of furniture in. Think dd will be pleased that we perhaps don't have as much to put the living part together as she might think. Know she said her room looks 'sent for' and their bathroom -where they stacked a huge lot of stuff when they were doing floors- needs a lot of work. Won't be done until after Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to make the guest bathroom more presentable. They had planned to redo that room but since dsonil isn't working not sure what state they'll be in as far as remodeling. Maybe it's something dh and I can manage (financially) as a Christmas gift. DD is off after today for a week and then I'm not sure how many days she'll have off for Christmas. They usually have about 2 weeks. That would be nice if we can get a bunch done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm

emptied drawers in girls bathroom - dd older still has stuff here - cleaned them.
oh my dd younger has so so so so much - I took all but the basics out of the bathroom and put it in the three season room/or maybe laundry room
vacuumed and rinsed their bathroom floor
wiped the window
put off the shower until this week end. :shock:
it will take at least a half hour - normally I would have dd younger do it but dd younger is gone taking d mom to florida - I told her I can let the separating of her bathroom stuff until she comes home.

dh's bathroom - gross - it doesn't look bad but it is yucky - I have some bleach and water that I will use on that bathroom
I still have the powder room as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 pm

I needed that d dee!!! thank you

I am so sorry your dh feels poorly today... hope he feels better fast!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Work last night was normal -- meaning steady business and no drama. I like those kind of work shifts.

BWP will put me out of the house for the next 6 days in a row, or 7 if we count today.
* Tomorrow is my Saturday to work.
* Sunday there will be a holiday open house at my favorite fabric store, a party with friends.
* Monday will be 8 hour shift at work
* Tuesday library staff meeting followed by grocery shopping for fresh produce for Thanksgiving salads
* Wednesday 6 hour shift at work
* Thursday Thanksgiving lunch at younger DSis's house
By Friday I'll be exhausted from so many people and ready to hibernate at home with a good book.

After I finish lunch, I'll have to bundle up to go out and run errands. We're supposed to get rain this afternoon which will change to snow tonight. Brr.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Looks like Firefox has had a major update. My screen looks really different and I need to figure out where they put my list of bookmarks.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:20 pm

I like those kind of shifts for you too D book!!! Hope all next week will be steady and enjoyable!

Return to “Post When You Can”