FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Lots to tell you but I'm on my phone in the car so I'll give you a break and hit the highlights.

Errand to church, noted sanctuary smoke alarm was indicating low battery so let the organizers know.

Doctor says I'll live. We still don't know what is wrong but testing so far says I should stop worrying.

Bought some groceries.

Visited with ds for a few minutes. He was over to do trip planning with dh.

Visited for a long while with W&R. Starting to get to know them. It feels so good to see them in real life.

Tried 2 Mcd for dinner, in frustration ended up at subway. I have a coupon for a free fry that I will use up and then will not enter them again. The service at every location has plummeted recently. This seems to be corporate wide, one of DD's friends in Vancouver commented about it as well.

On our way to the concert now, over 30 minutes late.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Booksaver, I agree about Firefox. It's messed up my computer too. Last night I tried to reset it back to defaults and it couldn't do it. First time for me that's failed.

CVS is more expensive than WM here too, Lucylee. So is Walgreens unless there is a special sale that's a real sale.

Did a big shopping this afternoon. Got all the stuff on my list except things that would expire. Have to make two more trips out, several things that were missing off shelves and a birthday gift for DGSon who is 16 today. Oops I forgot to call him. :( Gotta do that tomorrow. I hate shopping at WM now. They had a big rearrangement of whole store and the way it's stocked makes no earthly sense at all.

I guess the way they did it was to make customers walk around all over the place and see things they just "have" to buy. And they have it stocked so much that some places I can't even get a cart through. It took twice as long to get the things I did.

So, I'm glad I have a plan for the holiday at least, even if it isn't the best one for us. DH asked me today if we couldn't go to his family's and I had to explain about the time. I think he's disappointed.

Time for bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 am

BookSaver that's cool about Food for Fines.

Return to “Post When You Can”