FINAL FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FINAL FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:20 pm

back to the dreaded chores again... now dh's bathroom -
upstairs bathroom done - cleaned out drain - gross but dh feels it needs drain-o still so he is off to the hardware store.
it smells like bleach upstairs but that is so much better than before ;)

now for powder room

can't find my bathroom cards - I put them down somewhere - I thought I had them in my back pocket but not there
I am listening to j.r.r. tolkien's letters from father christmas while I work (on audible)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm

3 DPCs down 2 to go. I don't want to make the other two until I have heard back from the vet. I don't want her to go to voice mail. Lara is going in tonight, thank goodness. Briggs may or may not be moving to the commercial variety of duck/green pea cat food. He is on prescription of it right now. Yes, he is in a new foster (to adopt) house, but I am sure the new person would rather cheaper food too. Lara could be affected by stress since her favorite friend just died.

Got the user-requested report reordering done and posted. I also deleted rows that had no inventory and no changes (null rows). They were cluttering the report, giving me no useful info, and driving me nuts when using it to debug a new report.

A little more than 24 hours until my dance performance. Will practice tonight and tomorrow. I have no idea what I will eat tonight. I would like to go out, but will be at the vet instead.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm

I started cooking this morning at 6am. Currently the servants are working -
** Refrigerator is cooling two pans of turkey that is completely ready to serve. One pan of white meat and one pan of dark meat.
** Roaster is cooking the 2nd turkey. It should finish cooking around 4pm
** Instant pot is simmering turkey bones to make a rich broth.
** Stove is simmering turkey neck, heart, gizzard to feed the dogs.

Last week a DFriend hand-delivered a formal invite to coffee at her home. She wanted to share about her month long trip to New Zealand and Australia. DFriend put lots of effort into preparing for this event and had about a dozen attending. I enjoyed watching her share the joy she has from the trip. It was a relaxing and fun way to spend an hour with friends.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:12 pm

hi d elizabeth kitties do feel loss; you are so right. I will pray for Lara. great work on your dance practice!

hi d lady ... well done!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:42 pm

powder room done - waiting for drain-o to work in the shower

having some biscotti and tea and being able to say to each of you... hello!

Next dailies
vacuum and swiffer rinse dining room - living room - front hall
manage clutter in those areas as I go

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Today I have been doing three chores at the toth. Worked really well. Got out of the slump I was feeling bc my ear was acting up. Did a rock drop w the dog. Hen are out doing their free range time now. Folded 1 load of laundry need to change that over. It is wendy out here today. I decluttered a few things out of the main bathroom and put away three things in that room. I am amazed how much is accomplused putting away three things at a time will accomplish.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Hello to everyone!
I've been running errands, again.
* Post office
* Bank
* CVS -- misc items, saw dfriend, talked...
* Wmart -- air filters for dmom's 2house, bday presents for dgd from dmom and from us, got key made for dmom's 2house, saw dfriend, talked...
* talked to dmom on phone
* Dmom's 2house -- changed air filters

Having a slump now, too, Nancy. I must have gotten yours when you got rid of it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but if you have CVS & Wmart nearby... CVS is sooo much more expensive. I go there when I have a good coupon, like today $10 off $40 purchase. Well it's not hard to spend $40, b/c the same product that cost less than $33 at Wmart was almost $43 at CVS. I guess I came about about even, b/c I ended up with coupons & bonus bucks to save $21, but still. If it possible to go to Wmart, we generally do -- unless we have really good coupons. Sometimes they send out 25% off coupons, but those are a ripoff, too, b/c if something is already on sale, the coupon doesn't apply. :roll:

We will leave in about 90 minutes. Need to get a few last minute items together.

It IS the final Friday before Thanksgiving, but since I will likely only be baking cookies and picking up broccoli salad for Tgiving, I don't have to panic :lol: till NEXT Friday. We finally decided on Tgiving dinner w/ds & ddil on Dec. 1, b/c her parents will be here also. I'll make dressing and cream style corn, which is no problem -- but the dressing will take all day Thursday. That is the day dgd gets her MRI. I don't know if we are going to make the trip or not -- they might need us to pick up dgs at school.

OH -- J&C UPDATE -- dfriend's husband is now in the hospital but doing well!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:42 pm

daily surface stuff - living room, front hall, dining room, family room - clutter managed, vacuumed and swiffer rinsed done :D
cloths in dryer now... leaving in 45 minutes

hi d lucy waving!!!

take care everyone

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Traffic areas mopped, living room traffic area vacuumed. Ex done walked ddog. Watching the Christmas candle on net flicks Susan Boyle in it is doing great with her part. I am enjoying this a family film. Just in time for the holidays. Soon as it is done I will head out to rake up some more leaves.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:02 pm

I'm happy to be back home from errands before dark and before the real rain starts. I'm sure the roads will be slippery tonight and I do not want to be driving around out there.

I'm feeling good about the status of our pantry and fridge/freezer. This grocery trip was mostly to stock up on meats. I also bought lots of canned goods for DH to take to work Monday for their annual food drive to donate to one of TheBigCity food pantries.

My library is doing a food drive for the TinyTown food pantry. I'll buy things to donate there in a couple weeks because right now there is so much food stacked up, we don't have space to store any more. A volunteer is supposed to be coming to pick up what we have so far. We are doing Food for Fines -- $1 off for every food item brought in -- and it's nice to see that more than half of the donations are from people who don't owe any fines, they just want to help local families. The library's food drive will continue through December so taking things in a couple weeks will not be too late.

Return to “Post When You Can”