Stupendous Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Stupendous Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Thank you, Harriet.

And that's why we have Joys and Concerns thread where religion is more openly discussed.

Of course, with me being a preacher, it comes up here too simply because it is part of my BWP!

On the bright side, I have tomorrow 'off' so I can play with dgs and every church I am usually at will assume I'm at another church!

Dinner was good at the pub tonight. We spent time discussing the Roar of the Rinks. We're still trying to figure out curling trials because that's a next month to-do item. Dh's niece is marrying a curler who is competing for the Olympic Trials and thus dh's sister, bil and niece will be here and we are trying to get together for at least one meal. I suspect this will also involve attending a match/game/whatever it is called but the team is playing each day for 7 days before they arrive so I'm not sure how they know they'll still be in the running for anything. The teams win/loss rate is pretty poor this season and I don't understand things enough to understand why or how they could be considered ranked in the top ten in the world when they haven't got past the quarter finals in anything since I've been paying attention to this.

Dh is packing. I'm hoping ds will send me his reservation number so I can check him in for the flight tomorrow. They are on separate reservations so could be not sitting together. I hate not having any control over this travel at all. I'm literally going nuts here with their arrangements. I would have had them flying from Montreal (2 hours away) not Toronto (4 hours away.) That would make the bad driving tomorrow less time consuming. I see they are having lunch at my sisters before going to the airport. Sigh... Too complicated for me.

I'm anxious for them to go and then I will not think about them again until dh comes home around midnight or later on Thursday. They can't just drive home, they have to get to my sister's to pick up the car. Since they don't arrive until 5 p.m. that complicates getting across town during rush hour.

Add in ds not having his winter tires on and it is almost as bad as them climbing Kilimanjaro! I just don't want to know. Keep me in the dark, that's the lesson I learned from that trip!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 pm

oh d elly - it was from Charlie brown (yes bible passages intertwined it the charlie brown speech) - It wasn't meant to hurt or make fun of religion or Christ! not at all. I am very much involved in my faith and do bible study every week - I am truly sorry I offended you. I will take it down -it was definitely not at all to put down the Christian faith or being sacrilegious. Not my way.

I would never offend anyones faith on purpose as I truly respect Every faith!

Again I am so sorry. Don't leave on my account - it would sadden me that you thought I was hurting you and your faith that you would leave.

Charlie brown Christmas always has had a special place in our family.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 pm

I have to leave the house at 4:15 am with dd younger to pick up d mom at 4:30 am so that I can drive them to the airport. I will miss dd younger and d mom. It will be strange not to see d mom until next May (unless I fly down).

We had a lovely dinner - the small restaurant we go to had their "beaujolais nouveau" celebration decorations up which is always festive.

good night sweet ladies and again d elly I hope you will continue to come here. Please again accept my apology. I meant no offense.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 am

:oops: Well -- I know I missed something, but I feel I should apologize for all the religion and politics talk, myself. I hope I didn't contribute to any of the bad feelings on anyone's part -- and PLEASE know -- I certainly do understand if someone doesn't agree with anything I've said in the past discussions. As a dfriend, and former superintendent of our schools, once told me (referring to himself) -- sometimes I don't even agree with myself. ;)

We are home, and we are all exhausted, and now dh is aggravated w/dgs b/c he asked dgs to do one simple thing with him (sing along with one of their favorite songs on the Grand Ole Opry, which dgs often does joyfully) and dgs refused... so now they are both put out with each other, and I am trying to teach dgs that it is important to consider other people's feelings sometimes. * sigh *

We did enjoy the ballgame, although our team was a bit "sluggish" -- as one reporter has put it. Maybe we're just saving up for next weekend!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”