SUNDAY - THANKSGIVING Week Starting LIne

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

SUNDAY - THANKSGIVING Week Starting LIne

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

Today begins Thanksgiving week - if you're cooking you are already planning ahead and engaged. For many of us, this is the time to start "Getting it together" for the holidays, too.

Line up at the starting line, plan your strategy, stretch your thinking and doing muscles, and we'll be off and running!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SUNDAY - THANKSGIVING Week Starting LIne

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am

Snow and ice here. Lots of it. I'm not thinking of the drive for ds and dh. Seriously - I've asked them to let me know when they arrive back in Toronto on Thursday. Aside from that, I don't want to think about them because thinking involved worrying about the snow covered highways and the terrible choice of routing plus the fact that my sister is expecting them at noon and they left very late from here.

So, breathe!

Dd has said we shouldn't get together because of the driving but the roads are not bad here, bare once you get out of the neighbourhood and we both live only one block away from a main street.

I'm up, have made the bed, had tea and chocolate, did my weekly planning for this week and next and put in the December page in my BuJo. I needed to do that since I'm getting very booked up and am not trusting my ability to see the time properly on the "future log" page (that's where you write the date and event of something in the future and that's great for me to know which day I have which play next spring, but at this point I need to know if there's room to squeeze an extra event in and a list of dates (out of order) only tells me if I'm busy that day, not if there's breathing space. For instance, if I'm up until midnight and have an event the following morning, it is likely a very bad idea to book something in the evening.

The plan is to see if I have any motivation to do the catchup work I should be doing, or if I should just enjoy the day as originally planned.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 am

I am trying to get my act together today. Yesterday was just a loss. I was feeling lousy with a full blown cold, then dmom went to ER with a UTI also. She was in so much pain she was screaming so they needed to send her to ER instead of trying for a urine sample to test. So she went back to assisted living after a couple of hours and a hip shot of antibiotic and a script to take. She was very, very confused - I know that goes along with the UTI too. I am going to suggest they retest her to be sure it clears up.

After getting back home yesterday I just collapsed. We had pizza for supper and I went to bed early.

Dh and ds have gone to Costco, and dd has gone to Sunday school. I am making Mushroom barley soup for supper and dh will go to grocery later. I'm supposed to go to an Interfaith Thanksgiving service this afternoon but may not go.

Since we aren't entertaining I'd like to get fall stuff down soon and put Menorahs out. Hanukkah begins the night of the 12th.

Where did this little burst of energy come from?

-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-walk the ddog
-kitchen clean up
-empty dishwasher
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 am

Done. This time:
-walk the ddog
-refill meds boxes
-15 min desk clean up
-start a "honey do" list for dh
-clean the stovetop

I also started a load of towels in washer.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi!

I have been coughing like crazy with a sore throat since Friday night. Last night dh admitted to his mother that it was his fault I was sick.

It is cold and overcast here. We had a lot of rain over night and the septic system is letting us know it's full. I have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and 2 loads of dirty laundry and I think every pot and pan in the house is dirty. I have done 1 load of laundry and 1 sink full of dirty, smelly dishes. The stinky ones are more my fault than dh's as I am the one that usually cleans. He worked yesterday morning and then we both slept all afternoon yesterday.

Today I get the dirty kitchen and he's at a friend's chopping wood.

No snow here!! I looks like it wants to, though.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Morning ...

Laundry ... two loads done and put away. One more in the dryer
Bed striped, sheets waiting to put in the dryer
Lunch for M-W made, assembled and set in the fridge
Oopsie bread made and cooling on rack
Dish washer unloaded, dishes put away
Kitchen cleaned
Dinner defrosting

Next...
Vacuuming
Walk with Willis
And read my book outside.

No thanksgivings fussing around here. Will celebrating with Norma and Mr Guy along with some other friends and restaurant. However I do have a turkey breast to cook for “left overs”
And sandwiches. I bought a Jennie-o frozen turkey breast a while back to test it out. You put it down n your slow cooker frozen and walk away. I though that was too good to be true but it was delicious!!!

I’ll throw together a green bean casserole and make some mash potatoes and be done cooking for thur- friday. I will be thankful for that.

I haven’t always been able to spend the holidays with my son and/or my family and have learned to celebrate life in my own way. My son and new to me daughter plan to car camp...meaning they will sleep in a tent but won’t have to backpack.... and fly fish up near LadyM.

I am thankful they will be spending time together in ways that contine to bond their mariage. My son says they will be grilling steaks and eating turkey sandwiches to celebrate the holiday. Both love the outdoors and fishing. Match made in heaven
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm

I am working on a couple new crock pot recipes I have been meaning to do chocken pot pie, chicken n dumplings. Have a couple of ideas for dump cakes next week.

Found the mixes on sale yea!

The owl is in the sm. tree in the front yd. Today got a few new pics of it.
I did a rock drop as well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:56 pm

I am sorry you have such a bad cold d twins - I hope you feel better fast! I didn't realize that Hanukkah started so early this year. I am so excited for you and hope that the work to get ready for this joyous week comes with ease and happiness!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:51 pm

it's a new day! happy Sunday! truth is I woke up at 1 pm today - I got up at 3 am and really didn't sleep last night because I was worried I would miss taking dd and d mom to the airport - my d mom didn't sleep at all last night. She doesn't sleep until 1/2 in the morning - she is an energy ball and does not need a lot of sleep but not sleeping is not a good option. I was surprised how many people were at the airport for so early in the morning. It must be families going home for thanksgiving.

d nancy that sounds great (I love my crockpot as well)

hi d rose how fun that you and norma will have thanksgiving together - how lucky
your d son and d dil are truly enjoying each other - it's so nice to hear.

d cathy I am sorry you still have a sore throat! Hope by tomorrow it is healed.

hi d twins!

hi d kathryn great job.

hi d harriet

hi d lucy

hi d dee

hi d mt

hi d book

hi norma

hi lady

hi austin

hi helia

and anyone I missed

dearest elly I hope to see you soon.

I am trying to wrap my head around the fact its thanksgiving Thursday. I only have 3 dishes to make. I am worried that my d sis in law looks so tired. She took off of work this week but still it's too much for one person and she is worrying me. I think I will make her dinner and drop it off. I have some great vegetarian recipes that she likes.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 pm

As 'tradition' would have it the NASCAR race is one and dh, dd and dsonil are watching -I'll probably peek in from time to time.

We're busily getting the house ready for Thanksgiving. Think dd is really happy to be hosting dinner this year -and probably in the future. We plan to have "Christmas Eve dinner" here as well. But in years past we've left from church after our Christmas Eve Service and gone to Dbil/dsisil's for dinner. That meant dinner was often nearly 8pm. We're going to suggest meeting like about 1pm on Christmas Eve Day this year. Then everyone can go home while it's still light. We can go to Christmas Eve service and be home by 7:30 at the latest. Sounds good to me! Know dsisil has said for the last couple of years that it's time for the 'younger' ones to do it. That would mean dd and now that the house is coming together, she's ready to do it. And we can incorporate both her family and dsonil's. His niece, her dh and 3 little girls and his dMom are coming. His dsis would be here but she'll be in the hospital for at least a couple more months. This will also change us sitting around while they did their tradition of family gifts on dsisil's side. They would do that via phone calls as her niece, dh and 5 children live in southeastern PA, her nephew, dw and 2 dks live near Atlanta, and 1 nephew lives here. There used to be her dsis who passed away last year and her other dsis who lives in front of them still is there. This way they can go home and do that whenever they're ready to do so. And it will make it less awkward for us.

DD finally has put away all of dsonil's clothes. We've moved that table to the opposite side of the dining room to hold all the dishes in preparation for Thursday.

Somehow along the way I missed what your ds & dh are traveling to, Kathryn. Enlighten me, please. Praying for safe travels for them too.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”