In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Wishing I had not only BGS, but an ejector button also. Typical of Monday morning tho, that I start oh so slow.

I am dressed and walked the block twice with M and our two dogs earlier but then got stuck on this chair again.

I am going to get started at :15 after and work to :15 before the house, then give myself 30 min of "play" time.

I may have uncovered a "NPE" Non paternal event on Ancestry for someone else. :o Wondering now if I should not have pursued.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Twins - NPE. Is that when someone is proven by DNA to not be related?

Blessed - there are literally 100's of good Math resources online. I have been shocked how much there is to choose from. It depends on your learning style. I bought/use 3 of the top Math curriculums for DS9 because they match his learning style. But we also use other Math resources too. switching between them keeps it fresh for him. A few of the free ones that we like are -
Khanacademy
Math is Fun
XtraMath
Math facts practice games
These just scratch the surface of all the ones available. It's kinda hard to believe how much is available for free online.

The kids are playing well together today. I appreciate the beautiful weather and sunshine.

DS9 has a Chiropractor appointment in an hour. I'll put DGD6 down for a rest with her tablet before taking DS9. DH doesn't feel well today so he will be in the house to monitor DGD6.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 pm

LadyM, a non paternal event is usually when somebody's daddy isn't who it's supposed to be. :shock: With the number of centimorgans (a unit of dna comparison) we share she should be a second cousin or closer, but there's nobody in her tree that will intersect with mine that I can tell. From the other DNA tests she matches, I would guess this is from my paternal grandfather's side. A lot of people are only interested in the ethnicity part of the DNA test and don't even look at who they match...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi!

Has anyone heard of the game "Take 5" ? Apparently I'm going to be playing it at knitting on Dec.9 . I couldn't figure out what to take, and then I opened a drawer looking for something else and I found 10 key chains from Cuba that I have no interest in keeping. 5 wooden hats and 5 butterflies made from ceramic. I have more than enough key chains so now I have my 5. Everyone takes 5 things and you leave with 5 different things that what you came with.

I also went through my "scarf drawer" and tried to decrease the number of scarves. Discovered that 3 of them are 100% cashmere. ~swoon~ I love cashmere and I guess I haven't been paying attention to what was in that drawer. Most of the scarves are in plastic bags to protect them from dust.

We are having BBQed steak and I will do the potatoes in the oven to boost the temperature of the house a bit. It's really windy here. Absolutely no snow and it's sunny today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Back from our trip to the gym. I'm not sure but I don't think what the 'trainer' is doing for us is what I'm looking for in the cardiac rehab line. We have another appointment on Wednesday afternoon and I'll ask him then. Actually saw a friend of ours who used to go to our church here and he was a trainer. He warned me (again as have my people up north) to not do things the Dr. doesn't want me doing. So we'll talk to him Wednesday. I might do better going to the Y. Not sure. He had talked to me the other day about using the recumbent bike and the elliptical -those weren't even mentioned today or shown.

Went to Wmart to get dh a 'hose clamp' which I didn't find. Did remember to pick up a chair cushion/pad for him however and it was till $10 for one chair. But better than what I would have had to pay at A river. Also picked up a pack of chlorine tablets for the guest bathroom. When I came out I thought there was going to be a big altercation in the parking lot. At the beginning of the lane I was in someone had their car stopped and were loading the back of the car in the driving lane. A guy came by and was yelling at them for being so rude -telling her to look at the line behind them all the way down the driving lane. Told her to learn to park and so on. I had to wait for all the cars to go by me and I'm sure that was his issue as well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

hello hello
finished grocery shopping (stopped at one store that I don't care for because dd older needed something you can only buy there - I won't b grocery shopping there again - hardly any organics and the veggies are rather worn looking and the whole shopping cost me more than I would spend at the town grocery store). groceries put away

didn't stop at home de pot to get garland bc it is getting late -

I ran over to m ichaels for a couple things and my goodness there were some cranky customers - one had a good reason but others were just cranky.
It hit 50 today which is unusual but enjoyable.

contacted store that is shadowboxing dh's christmas stocking and asked them to put a hold on it until dd younger can see it as I think his design is too bulky. She comes back Wednesday and he wasn't happy that I asked him to not move forward - I totally understand but i tend to be a push over and he definitely was pushing what he wanted and i can feel it is not right for our home. (too bulky)

I have to make dinner soon - poblano veg enchiladas - one of our staples.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:41 pm

hi d dee glad you are back from your gym trip - d dee I hope everything works out with the trainer. we had problems with trainers regarding dd youngers pain disorder - the downtown dr. staff knew exactly what to do but the local trainers would have hurt her if she would have done what they wanted. you can have your medical team tell your trainer what is needed and definitely what is unhealthy for you. Good luck on Wednesday

hi d cathy I have never heard of the game! hope you have a lovely dinner - it sounds great

hi d twins I love hearing about your genealogy studies - so interesting.

hi d lady... thank you so much - I can't wait to look into these programs
hoping you dh starts feeling better soon!

hi d elizabeth I am so happy the dance went well. - its okay that one position wasn't what you wanted. Such a sweet daughter you have!

hi d nancy great on getting that work done. Thank you for the u tube recommendation!

I am so unfocused still. I wanted to work outside on lights and garland but I am tired.

Neighbour who is having triple bi pass tomorrow is working on his leaves now. such a worry that he can't sit still.

taking a break

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

I did put my mid 30s me picture and recent very apple shaped me and old in members only

had a simple dinner while watching father brown. dh is busy with paperwork
a little sad bc missing both my girls - its okay I just have to get used to it again.

I have cards to do and might as well finish because I would just end up watching tv instead of getting things accomplished. 4 hours of nothing done is not productive at all.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Blessed: for those of us without Pinterest, we can't see your pictures. (That's a huge problem for me when searching for an image of something - if it is in Pinterest it comes up in the google search but I can't go to the page.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't know how to post a picture without it. I have it on my phone as dd older sent it to me (she took it)
if there is an easy way I will post the picture. I am not a computer literate. ;)

Return to “Post When You Can”