Try it! Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Try it! Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:49 pm

LadyM: both my kids have fashioned a way of watching videos while washing dishes, or cooking. I just listen to podcasts.

My lunch is done. I think I ended up having 2. What is the old adage? - Feed a cold, starve a fever. I'm just starving today. I know I ate less yesterday due to being on the go all the time.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Total distraction here. For some stupid reason, I turned on the police scanner moments before a plane crash was reported (small plane, only a pilot who was uninjured.)

So I've naturally got caught up in that since it was interesting but not life threatening or horrifying.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 pm

What the blazes was I thinking when I packed my lunch last night? Pork chop AND bacon, lima beans AND salad, spaghetti AND garlic bread. Did I think I was packing for today and tomorrow? It was late, I was tired, and I wanted to clear some things out of the freezer. I did need to eat well because I won't get dinner until very late, but that was a LOT of food. My freezer has more room though.

This morning, I verified my query. This afternoon, I will put it in a new report. New chore added to tonight's list: pick up meds. For myself, not a cat.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 pm

d elizabeth - you must have been hungry for a variety of things - ducking - giggle
yay on your freezer having more room!

so happy the pilot was unhurt d kathryn!

I am so happy your 5 k group is adding more family - wonderful for you and how fun

good for your d nancy!

hi d twins! your nails look absolutely lovely!

d harriet - it is so sweet that you were taking care of a weary toddler... hope the angel tree goes smoothly this year.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:18 pm

I put up that 7 lb. 3 m thingy's (total of 6 across the top of outside door to hang up the pine and cedar garland up) hoping that it stays up there because I haven't had good luck with the 3 m stick on hooks . When the wind and cold start I shall see if they stay up. Years ago we had a siding company cover the wood part - dh didn't want to paint any more... I dislike it because it spots and one can not put a hook in etc.

I don't have time to do the lights outside today because I haven't done any dailies. If I don't do dailies then the house will be hard cook in tomorrow and it won't be a fun day Thursday.

I think I will have some tea and then make dinner and work on dailies

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm

I need to reboot myself. Off to get some tea.

My cough is driving me nuts. It isn't continual but then it hits for a minute and I feel wiped out.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:53 pm

I enjoyed knitting meeting today, I was going to make swiffer covers for the gals but only one gals had one lol., but a gal spilled coffee so they came in handy fot clean up anyway... :mrgreen:

I thought I lost my keys at the w store but it turns out my coat pocket has a hole and they were in the lining so gonna mend that next. Done!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Got the tea steeping and washed up the breakfast and lunch dishes. Then got distracted writing a song for dgs.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Instant pots are coming on sale for Black Friday (which is becoming a 'thing' in Canada.) I can get one at 4 different stores for C$70 (which is USD $55) and our local store is also having a no tax day (so another 13% savings.) I'm feeling myself weaken.

I have 3 crock pots, don't eat rice (so dh makes it in a pot), and have a pressure cooker (but it is 80 years old so I don't think I'd risk using it under pressure, the seal has probably given up over the decades.) My toaster oven has a warming function. I can steam things on my stove or in my crockpot/steamer/deep fryer. And I have many frying pans I can saute in. So, I'm not sure it adds anything to my kitchen (except forcing me to find room for it by removing something else.)

Does anyone use it to make yogurt? That's the only function I don't already have covered in other items.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 pm

I need to reboot myself d kathryn - so sweet that you are writing a song for your dgs

glad you enjoyed your knitting group

dinner is in the oven
now for kitchen card that i didn't do this morning

Return to “Post When You Can”