Wednesday #

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday #

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 pm

I didn't s2s because our water pressure was almost nonexistent - a neighbor informed via Facebook that a water hydrant on the main road had been damaged. I did that last round, except for s2s and went on to the grocery. Was a mess, but I've seen worse, I think.

I'm home again groceries put away and dcleaning lady is doing her magic.

I'm going right back out now to pick the dog food so that will be three of the original five.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Good morning all! DD15 and I made the church service, then went home. She wants a Pokemon card database, so I have started her using Excel to generate the tables. If we get a database program, all that is needed is to export to CSV and import to database. Then add the relationships, constraints, etc. She is familiar with Excel and it is much easier to start projects with what you know. Like everyone else, she wanted to sit right down at the computer and start typing, but we did design work first. She learned concepts of one to many and many to many relationships, bridge tables, and standardizing your notation. I got a low air alert in one of my tires, so when I dropped her at the x's house, she got a lesson on inflating tires and her dad's air compressor.

After she left, I got the stamps at the grocery store, picked up meds, and ran and put away a LOL. I spent a lot of time with Lara, who is not very happy, because she lost her first favorite friend (Cleo), followed by the next (Tiki). Both were 17 yo cats when they died, but she just knows she is "alone". (Not really alone, Briggs and Stratton are still here, but the other two were particular friends).

I don't know what my 5 will be today. I am not sure if I pick up DD15 tonight or she will be dropped off tomorrow morning. I prefer the former, because she wants to learn how to cook for Thanksgiving. I do know my WTF for the holiday weekend is finish the two almost complete Christmas crochet projects and start the third.

At payroll, I am tracking down the repercussions of a user error back in July. Hint: changelog modifications will be AWFUL!

I will be posting some stuff about DD15 and some medical tests on 12/1 in J&C.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 pm

sorry that your water pressure is not up to snuff d twins! Hope it gets fixed soon. I am celebrating that you home looks spiffy after the cleaning lady magic.. aren't they wonderful! We had them this summer and what a joy it was to come home and find it shiny. great job on getting the groceries put away.

Such a difficult disease I am so sorry to here your HRH's family has been hurt by it. I am glad you are feeling better d Harriet!

hi d lilac as well. glad it feels good. I will say a prayer that the future dental check shows o sign of a problem. (((your d sis in law))) I am happy she is home. So exciting about your dggsK. so cute.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 pm

dd younger did get on the flight so I am picking her up at 2:20 pm.

I pulled all the things needed for cooking. dishes emptied from dw and new dishes put in and turned on. counters cleaned, stove top and back cleaned, went through newspaper for Friday coupons.

Next eat lunch and then to the family room because it is a tip

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Elizabeth, I love it that you're teaching your dd about setting up the database in Excel first. I used Excel this week to illustrate the will I've been working with for the assignment this month.

Water pressure is good. When dcleaning lady is done I'll have lunch and s2s.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm

family room couch vacuumed under cushions but not under couch
area rug vacuumed
surface dusted
clutter managed (but not in drawers)

Next front hall as one of my decorations shed seeds - ? not sure where from to be honest

loved the American experience "The Pilgrims". Very interesting.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi everyone!

Today my # is 0. Zip, nada. zero, zilch, nothing. I am sick, sick, sick. Started with a sore throat last Friday night. I told dh that from now on when he has a sore throat to please not kiss me! I was coughing so much last night and this morning. I took a non drowsy hot lemon drink and I have been fighting to stay awake ever since. Sneezy and sniffly joined the list of crud today. UGH. I will be having a nighttime pill from the Buckley's complete cough, cold and flu package before I go to bed tonight for sure.

Supper will be soup from yesterday. We also had that for lunch today.

Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow if I don't get back on the computer before tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Today my # is 0. Zip, nada. zero, zilch, nothing. I am sick, sick, sick
d Cathy I hope you feel better fast!!!

hi d twins!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 pm

dh vacuumed our bedroom (I had asked if he wanted to dust it too but I don't think he did - I am just grateful he vacuumed it :D )
vacuumed and dusted wood stairs
vacuumed front hall and did put away, swiffer rinsed surfacely
surface-ly swiffer rinsed powder room

heading out - dd younger landed early - almost an hour - how is that possible but I am grateful she is back.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Good afternoon.

There seems to be a lot of folk ill with something or other both here and IRL. Wishing everyone a speedy recover. In fact we were supposed to have a family Thanksgiving dinner out, avoiding the crowds tomorrow, but the patriarch of the family (a.k.a. my exDH) is down with a cold. Possibly rescheduled for Friday.

I did well last week and had all my weekly tasks done before Sunday. In fact I'm ignoring weekly tasks this week and concentrating on 'paper stuff.' I might be able to find my dining room table by the end of the week.

I started yesterday with a DPC to Time-Warner/Spectrum and was not pleased with the dismissive attitude of the Customer Service Rep. Moved on to an on line inquiry to Google fiber; have explored the possibility of switching to them before. There was a very nice CSR on my phone within the half hour. Had to ask him to call back later since I was on my way to the grocery. He did. I warned him he was talking to an elderly lady with not much understanding of tech matters. He actually walked me through the on line form. Had time to chat a bit. Google fiber internet and cable TV gets installed a week from today. Should save me a little on internet/cable $$ each month. Our condo HOA agreed last year to have Google fiber installed in all the units. It's a good selling point if owners want to sell or rent out their unit.

Return to “Post When You Can”