Thursday Thanksgiving

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday Thanksgiving

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm

http://bernadettesgranddaughter.blogspo ... de-de.html

my carrot salad is in the refrigerator

now for clean up from that

I may not make the acorn squash but will make the banana bread - I still need to shower, finish shirt, throw dd youngers laundry in the dryer as she fell asleep last night before she could do it. Dd older is here and she went to the gym.

sorry there was no reconciliation. sorry he didn't donate. - I have worked with a family foundation before and sometimes it is tricky. I hope you can help the next family. Are they still trying to help the refugees that are here - is that their reasoning. I hope it all works out.

hi Norma Happy Thanksgiving to you too! - lol lol lol definitely not :lol:
have a wonderful dinner

hi d nancy I am sorry you were up in the middle of the night! I am happy you did so much ahead of time.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:43 pm

dishes washing themselves again!!! :shock: , dishes drying on a kitchen towel, counters bleached, cutting board bleached and put away, stove top cleaned.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I enjoyed the walk this morning with DGS21 and DS9. DD was a no-show.

Afterwards, we went to WM to get DS9 a belt. His new jeans are getting loose and he kept having to pull them up today. WhooHOO!! We spent over an hour reading ingredients on food looking for what is available with no dye. We found 4 kinds of cereal that DS9 found interesting that didn't have dye. We bought 3 kinds of pudding with no dye. DS9 was wanting to try Naked Juice drinks until I offered him the ability to make our own juice so we bought carrots, celery, apple, beets, and greens. I'll set my champion juicer up later today and let DS9 experiment with it.

Next up -
** make dough for pizza and let it rise
** set champion juicer up
** remove the individual molds from soup in freezer
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Religious door knockers just pulled up across the street neighbors did not answer. Nope us neither if they ring.

Meat is in the oven, h is up, rolls are raising.
Master bath swish & swipe done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Dh called this morning just before I was going out. He was letting me know they had dropped off the rental car and were waiting for the shuttle to the airport.

We chatted.

I left for my meeting. I had shut down FB when I packed up my computer last night and it turns out I missed the posts about how the roads were closed and they couldn't get back to Reykjavik. Ds also posted some pretty impressive (i.e. scary) videos of the high winds and the comment that it was hard to sleep when the building is creaking like crazy and the homeowner was saying he'd never experienced such high winds and was worried.

Turns out, the fact that they were almost to the airport was important. I just said, "that's nice."

So, not being connected saved me a whole lot of worry today. Woot! I knew there was a reason I had no intention of wanting to hear from them until they arrived back in Canada.

When I said that to my sister on Sunday (while they were driving in the storm to her place) she said, you mean once they get to Iceland. She figured nothing dangerous would be on the schedule for their time in Iceland. Uhmmmm, nope. I know them too well. They had intended to rent a car and go off on their own, including hiking in winter, so I knew they could easily get into trouble and I didn't want to be worrying over them like I did when they went to Kilimanjaro.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:08 pm

Dh knows I'm off to bed on time tonight and not waiting up. Good thing, I see their flight is delayed an hour so that makes it at least 1 a.m. when they get in here.

Here's an article on the winds:

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/no-t ... st-iceland

I just know they were on the east side of the island but how far east, I don't know.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Those done.

Next up -
** get leaves out of swim pool
** start pumping water out of pool
** Put away all pool toys, floats, goggles, etc

OH Kathryn! That does NOT sound like weather to have fun in. I'm glad they are on their way home.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:22 pm

if d helia is around... happy thanksgiving.

happy thanksgiving everyone - left remnants of sewing on ironing board on kitchen table. car is packed and ready to go

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

We are at dson#2's house, so posting without cuop on my phone. Ddil's dmom & ddad are here also. Lots of good company and good food.

We were up early to make a casserole of baked apples to bring. We also brought a lemom pie (store bought). Dinner was ready early, at 2 pm, and we are all just now ready to have dessert.

Get well wishes for you who are not feeling well.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:48 pm

We have eaten. Cleaned up. Food was good. We went to do a rock drop. Walked with ddog half of tbe regular one glad bc a bit of a wind storm kicked up it was already raining out. closed up the coop bc of rain.

Return to “Post When You Can”