Fantastic Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Fantastic Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:10 am

No matter what you have planned for the day,

shopping at your keyboard
shopping at a mall
digesting
visiting with family
recovering

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fantastic Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 am

I'm up and have been for an hour.

Just finished tea and chocolate.

Dh is home. I woke up when he came to bed but not too much. He's still in bed and I don't know if I should get him up or not. He has a conference call now.

I found a wagon for dgs that probably meets dd's criteria. I had offered one with a half canopy and winter/rain shelter but she wanted one for 2 kids. We spent ages looking online and I think I know what she wants. This Millside one isn't the perfect Radio Flyer one but it is also almost 25% less expensive and Canadian made. Also comes with pads and the RF one doesn't. She has our Millside from when she was little. It is a wooden one (this one is poly) and doesn't have the inflatable tires. But it is still useable 30+ years later. I know Radio Flyer is good too but there's no reason not to buy the Canadian made item when it is good quality. I've sent an email and we'll see.

Dh just wandered by so it is time for me to throw on some clothes and try and get my instant pot.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:09 am

No instant pot for me.

I got to the store by 7:30 but they were sold out. I could have got a 60" tv, but I didn't need one (I want one but dh doesn't want to get rid of our TV stand which will only fit a 32" tv.)

I'm now s2s for the day. Awaiting to hear what dd is doing about play group. I'd be meeting her there.

Edited to add: No play group. At 4:30 she sent an email with a picture of dgs playing. He obviously didn't sleep through the night!

I've invited her here to do play group. We can dig out all my toys and he can play here while she goes for a walk or maybe even over to the consignment store. Oops. I forgot she's having lunch with a friend so that won't work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:33 am

hi d Kathryn!!!

I woke at 4 and had a bad headache so dd's went left at 4:30 am to meet the family while I slept - train leaves at 9:18 so I have to s2s
and head out the door

wishing everyone a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 am

Good morning! I am up and about...the main thing I am doing today is taking dbro to see dmom this afternoon. I have a plate for him from cousin's Thanksgiving yesterday and a few samples to share with dmom too.

I need to peel my bottom off this seat....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 am

I've been up several hours and have been fairly productive. I'm not in high gear, but am consistently getting things done.

Not having DGD6 here reduces the noise and activity in the house. DS9 and DGD6 talk non-stop when they are together. There are blessings to that noise - I don't have to keep eyes on them because I know what they are doing just by listening. However, the downside of the constant chatter is that it is tiring to continually be in listening mode.

I did a little shopping online this morning. I can't say that I am done with Christmas shopping but I

Next up -
** Personal care to D2S
** PUPA and quick daily home care
** Pick up tree branches from yard
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:08 am

Good morning, villagers ~
DH and I had a very nice visit with my family yesterday for lunch. Then we came home and DH took a nap while I noodled around on the computer watching videos. It was a good vacation day.

I decided not to go shopping today. I've only gone out on Black Friday a few times over the years, and it was always to a favorite used book store that offered really great deals. This year I have plenty of books to get me through the winter (plus working at a library keeps me well stocked!), and I took advantage of early sales to get the necessary supplies to sew Christmas gifts. All other shopping for Christmas will either be food items that I'll buy on normal grocery trips, or gift items I'll buy online. I'm not even sure I'll leave the house at all today.

Last night we received a surprise invitation to Saturday supper with one of DH's DBs. We haven't seen him and his family for many months because of scheduling conflicts. We're looking forward to a fun evening with them tomorrow.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:03 pm

-brush teeth, clean up, get dressed
-walk the ddog
-kitchen clean up
-make the bed
-reboot laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Those done.

Next up -
** Test an alternative to broken pool equipment. If it works great. If not, then get in a vehicle and drive 50 miles hoping to find one available.
** More plant and containers moving indoors. Decide what plants I want to hold over winter, what plants I want to move into the sunroom and the rest gets composted.
** Vacuum leaves inside the pool area (not in the pool)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Sigh the Intsa pot 8 qt one I wanted goes for $200 ack. Plus not in stock. I may get the smallet one if any are left. I looked on line for crock pot 7 qt w clips the one I wanted pioneer woman only 6 qt sigh so stalled out on looking for that one too... it was 3 a m I was having a low hard to decide, then went back to bed... my ear is acting up.

I've changed the wreath on the front door, when I got it out saw the snow globe table cloth I had forgotten about. yea, so changed that too! H wants to go to the sportsman store. Me not so much. But I do not want to do leaves today either. Sigh...

I am waiting for him to get up so he can call my phone it is here some where... journal not done, get it done list made out some done however.

Who is cooking turkey taco soup today it sounds good.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”