Fantastic Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fantastic Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Dusting is finished. Dd called and had to stop the call suddenly due to an emergency. She called back so fast I answered saying, if it over or are you calling for a drive to the hospital?! Dgs had closed a drawer on his fingers and was leaning on it to hold himself up so couldn't extract himself but he recovered fast.

Then while on the second call, he disappeared twice. He's in the getting into closets and shutting himself in stage. About time.

No decision on the wagon. Car seat is next item to stress over. She's narrowed it down to one brand which has the fool-proof install since it will be in and out of all kinds of vehicles. I'd like fool-proof strap adjustment too but she felt that wasn't necessary since she can keep an eye on that. I pointed out that I have another car-seat sized kid that I'll be driving around come February so it would be useful for me. Of course, by then, Omar will be a year older than he was when I last checked if he needed a car seat.

We are over to W & R's later this afternoon for the money talk and a visit. Dh suggested inviting them back here and I had to point out I still haven't written a sermon.

I'm at overwhelmed stage right now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:05 pm

Ended up with another distraction, a resident dropped in to visit. Not one seat in the living room was free of papers. Sigh...

Am back to working on the sermon but just had another distraction looking up the words of dh's anthem in the hopes it will inspire me. Turns out it is a modern hymn and the story behind it is unbelievably pertinent to this week's reading.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm home from taking dbro to see dmom. I'm feeling incredibly depressed about both of them. My brother, who is 57 moving and sounds like a very old depressed man. My mother's other dog, that stayed in her house with him, has passed away. She was old - 16 maybe? and I know he misses her underfoot. He's put off seeing a doctor to get a new script for his BP meds so he has to go to a clinic on Monday for that. And dmom is probably about the same, but has gotten to where she can't handle "toileting" for no. two. (Don't mean to TMI.) Her bathroom was a mess so I had to find someone to clean it up - housekeeping was off today too.

Just depressing.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Back from town to purchase pool equipment. While there I also did several other errands plus spent time reading ingredients looking for items that are dye free. I bought several items to try. I'm encouraging DS9 to keep an open mind as we try new items. I reminded him the items are not going to taste the same as the ones he is used to. The first 2 items he tried was an instant failure. Spry gum he didn't like. LaCroix Sparkling water was given a try using the method Harriet told us about (have food in the mouth when taking the first sip). DS9 did not like that drink at all. We have 4 more drink experiments to try on another day. I did like the Spry gum and the LaCroix drink. Neither one was an instant success with me, but after giving them an honest try I think I could learn to like them.

I worked on the pool until my arms are super tired. I had to stop and give them a rest.

DH worked on the roof today removing extra hardware and poles. The previous owner of this house left 3 TV antennas and satellite dishes when they left. We don't use any of them so DH decided to remove them all.

(((((RR))))))

(((((Twins))))))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:40 pm

(((Twins)))

We are at basketball game. Ds and dh are sitting across the aisle from me but I may move in a bit. Supposed to be a sell-out, but so far there are lots of empty seats over there. Ds said he could sit in the single seat, but he and dh will hagfish lots more to talk about do they should sit together.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm

(Twins).

Posting just to say hi before this blasted thing crashes again. :evil:

It's been a really crazy holiday. I worked harder than I can ever remember. But we had a great visit. DD and family did not get right up and go this morning, they were here until 4:30. Our modem died and after lengthy time on phone with somebody in another country DH took it down to the store and brought back a new one. So that's going.

Brunch yesterday was great and I had a much needed nap while family was out at their other place to visit. It was another late night after they got back.

Today seemed like somebody was coming or going all the time and we kept getting the food out and putting it back in the refrigerator to keep everybody fed. I sent a bunch home with DD and DSiL's brother.

Now if we could just get this computer going... lady did not really fix it, and FF keeps crashing. We will have to do something soon I guess.

Would like to look around and read if I could get more than one page to load. Lets see if this will post...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:26 pm

I have swept & mopped the master bathroom. Swept the hall kitchen and dining room also. I will mop those later. Kitchen spiff is done for p m routine.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:22 am

(((dearest twins!!!)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 am

(((d sadie)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”