Saturday's Something

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Saturday's Something

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 am

Do you have something you are going to do today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday's Something

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:34 am

I had a good night sleep. I love waking up and realizing that my sleep was restful. It isn't always that way so I appreciate it when it happens.

DS9 stayed all night at DD house. I dropped him off around 6pm last night because they were going to a local Christmas event. DS9 called around 7pm to talk. I knew by his voice that he was upset and I suspected others were listening. He called to tell that they weren't going to the Christmas event. This was the 3rd time in the past week that she told him they were going and then changed her mind at last moment. It is these small things that are a relationship killer. I don't know if DD realizes or cares that this type of thing is definitely not helpful in DS9 developing trust in DD.

ANYway, DGD6 and DS9 will be returning here in the next hour. DD and DSiL are going to state football game which takes up most of their day and night.

I ordered 7 more pairs of pants for DS9 in a variety of styles. We have found jeans that fit him but he still doesn't have any other type of long pants. He needs some sort of sport type pants to wear this winter. I've ordered a variety of jogger type pull on pants. I'm hoping to find a style/size that fits him.

My "something" for today continues with pool cleanup so I can winterize it and general cleanup around the pool area. It sounds so easy to winterize the pool but it involves many steps & areas. This area includes 2 rooms, equipment area, 2 decks, Pergola, a garden area and the carpeted around the pool.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:17 am

Good morning, villagers ~
We will be going to DBIL's for supper tonight. They said come any time after 3 and we'll eat around 5. We have no idea who else or how many will be there.

Since this was a surprise invitation and we don't know if it's another turkey dinner or what, I'm planning to take the leftover veggies from my family's gathering. Most of it is left because my family isn't really into veggies (which is why DH and I usually take them!) and I will only need to pick out anything that doesn't look fresh. Of course, I will mix up a new bowl of dip because the other sat out long enough that I threw it away.

So ... we will need to leave home around 2:15 because DH wants to arrive at the beginning of the party rather than his normal fashionably late. I'm not sure how much I'll get done around here before then.

Yesterday afternoon it was so nice and warm outside that I asked DH to help me reorganize the shed, clear off the front porch, and put all the yard stuff away before we get snow. It feels really good to have all that done. Oh no, I just remembered a big plastic tarp that we spread out in the yard to dry out and we both forgot to go fold it away. :|

Last night our PBS station showed the Broadway revival of Irving Berlin's Holiday Inn. I remember that old movie with Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire. (I usually mix up parts of it with the movie for White Christmas, which was Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye.) I didn't watch the live broadcast last night because I knew it would be interrupted several times with breaks for fundraising, but I programmed the DVR to record it and I will enjoy watching that sometime soon. Tomorrow night our PBS is showing Ron Howard's Beatles documentary and I'll like that, too.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 am

Our state election was our something for today. Voted - missed the showers scattered thru the day.
It may be a while before every seat is decided, and likely who is to govern be negotiated with the 'others' will happen in the end.

Walked - first to vote, then 30 min late in the day.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 am

I am not sure what my saturday somethin will be. :D

Yesterday was fun - I didn't get there until sometime after 11; first bc I had a headache and then when I took the train in my neck of the woods at 9:18 the ride was great until we got close to the city and a man was running around on the tracks. the rail line police were chasing him around and then he disappeared. Eventually we had to go through that area very slowly because they were afraid that the man would jump up. the police didn't look happy.
I gave the conductors great respect on how they handled everything.

We did come a couple of hours early - it's not the same without mom but I adored spending time with all of them.

I will be back to say hi to all of you individually - I saw d harmony online and wanted to say hello... hello! Hello to everyone

so far: insurance with d brother - a couple hours - hopefully we are signed up but so far it doesn't show it online - fingers crossed
I decide we are doing left over day.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 am

Woke with a migraine that’s says it all...back to bed till the Iron Bowl...Al vs Alburn. One of us will be :Dhappy
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Still Here Saturday?

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:43 am

Harriet: just wondering how you are doing after that fall. With me, the things I wrenched become apparent after 48 hours so I wondered what aches appeared to you yesterday.

I'm up and s2s and eaten and thinking. Am in my sermon writing spot.

Now to actually write something.

We went out and visited W & R last night for hours. Left at 8 and went to IKEA for a hot dog supper and to get price matched on the mattress, so that's $50 more for W & R.

Got home and went to bed after catching up on email and ordering the wagon. The store website for the wagon was extremely dodgy and that took several tries. I went to bed with a screen shot of the confirmation but no email. At 3 a.m. I got the email confirming the order and that they'll look into whether they can actually source a wagon for me! If they can't they'll cancel the order and refund my credit card. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound promising, I assumed this retailer (nation wide, owned by the parent company of Lord & Taylor) was selling something they had in stock.

Was in bed 8.5 hours and went 6 hours until having to get up to the bathroom. Had several coughing fits through the night, though so it wasn't solid sleep and I didn't wake up on my own, but with dh's movements waking me so I didn't have the same 'hopping out of bed' I've had all week. Spent an hour on my tablet as a result, while in bed. That's the 'wasted time' I avoided all this week.

Now to get to my writing. The apartment is quiet because dh is at a movie.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:01 pm

I'm up but haven't been feeling very well. Started out fine, then felt really crummy. Rested a while. DD and I had cleaned out a few more bins/boxes of Christmas stuff. Got rid of a bit more (Goodwill box) and found treasures, making it feel like Christmas all over again. Found lots of holiday plates, napkins, cookie bags, containers so surely don't have to buy those. Nice thing is we've been able to place the Christmas things around that we want out as we go. Probably the earliest we've done this. We had determined early on we were going to try to reduce the Christmas things by at least half. We're well on our way. Even our stockings are all hung by the chimney with care!

The guys have gone to L owe's for some supplies to finish up some projects. DD is napping. I've gone through our rubberm aid bin of Christmas things and put most of them out around our room. Many were making me smile. Dh used to buy me the Mr. & Mrs. Claus ornaments from Hmark. I know some are missing but I still have 7 of them and have them scattered on our dresser top. I remember looking for them at one point when we lived in our house and DS-R was married to his first wife. (This was one marriage we were glad to see end btw.) Happened to be in the huge attic over our garage one day and found them all scattered up there. I didn't have to guess how they got there.

I love waking up and realizing that my sleep was restful. It isn't always that way so I appreciate it when it happens.
Me too, LadyM. I'm always amazed when it does happen. I was up about 2 1/2 hours during the night and was up at 6am. Maybe I was just tired.

Love it when we remember to record something, Booksaver, and watch it later. We recorded both final episodes of DWTS earlier this week and watched them both in about an hour & 40 minutes or so . Makes it nice. Wish I could figure out how to record on our TV (we don't have a box/DVR). Have to see if dd can help me figure it out and maybe that's what I'll get dh for Christmas if we can do it.
Now I'm feeling pretty good. DD did ask dsonil if he'd go with dh to the hockey game if I didn't feel like going. Think I'm just going to leave it that way.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 pm

My leg was hurting in the nite I could not sleep, so I got up and finished the deviled eggs went back to bed and was able to go back to sleep. I have fed the hens. Journaling is done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:10 pm

We're here... War Eagle!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”