Saturday's Something

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Saturday's Something

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm taking a much-needed break. I have worked hard in the pool area for over 3 hours. My body is protesting. My arms, back, and legs are all complaining and saying it is time to rest a few minutes. :)

I have about 50% of the other items in the pool area done. The ladders are out of the pool. The piles of leaves have been vacuumed along 2 sides where the pool area connects to the house. I've moved 6 large plants indoors. I've disconnected and rolled up 4 water hoses. I've taken down the tent the kids played in all summer and put it away.

I started the pumping of the water out of the pool over 2 hours ago. I'll be pumping about 15,000 gallons of water out of it so it takes awhile. Last year I didn't pump enough water out and the rain filled it back up. I had to rig up a sump pump placed underneath the pool cover to lower the water during the winter. The amount of things I don't know about pool care is scary. On the positive side, at least I know more than I used to.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:39 pm

That was really weird.

I posted hours after LadyM did but didn't see her post. Even when I came back hours after my post, I still didn't see it until after 2 refreshes.

Thanks Dee, for posting my comment here. I cleaned up the boards by moving my post into this thread and deleting my own Saturday thread and then your post of my comment (since it was now a duplicate.)

Can't do that sort of stuff from my phone or tablet but when I'm on my computer I am relatively all-powerful!

I've now written too much for my sermon and have to delete at least 20% of it. I ended up writing a full sermon (for a regular church) instead of a shorter reflection for my retirement home service. I still take almost 10 minutes to deliver it because I speak slowly there.

Dh is on his way home from the moving now. We'll walk over to the store so I can pick up my inhaler and he can get milk.

I'll try and get the edits done before he gets here but I also have to go to the bathroom and as soon as I leave this position, more distractions will likely hit. Sigh...

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Sermon is done. Reading through I had a problematic paragraph. I couldn't think how to rewrite it. Suddenly, I realized that taking it out entirely didn't affect the rest of the sermon! Well, that was an easy way to cut length!

Dh is home. I still have the final blessing to write and am blanking on that. I've used worship resources for everything else so would rather write something myself. I usually include a reinforcement of my sermon theme or a line from the closing hymn. It isn't as if I don't know how to do this, I just am not focusing on it.

Dh is running through the music for the church services (he's playing 3 tomorrow.) I don't like most of the hymns the Rev picked for his services. I also don't like the music for the anthem. Love the words but not the tune which is an old one.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Just saying hi while this is working. We have new computer picked out, just waiting for someone to tell us if it's got what we'll need. We just do not have enough wisdom to do this ourselves. Too expensive to make a mistake.

Reset browser. Took a bunch of time to get my bookmarks back. Took twice as long to get DH's desktop looking like it always did before it got wonky. I'm ready to put my foot through this thing.

I'm working on getting the house back to normal after all the company. Did a bunch last evening and some today. I've had to clean out 1 of my skinny linen closets and organize. Found a nice set of sheets I don't remember buying. I've got my desk cleaned up but I'm working on that big statement between trips back here to see if the next page has loaded. :roll:

I think every electronic thing we have in this house has quit working all at the same time.

By, hope I'm able to get back sometime.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:41 pm

waving hi back at you!

figured out leftover dinner: enchiladas with 1/2 vegetarian and 1/2 with leftover turkey, acorn squash roasted dish with mexican spices, small salad
with left over homemade dressing from yesterday.

dd younger and I are going to williams so noma and then B&Nobles
I still have to pick up my car from the train station

I am concerned that our christmas will change this year... we are celebrating as a large family Christmas eve but I think we are all on our own Christmas day. It will be a hard change but it is what will be happening. dd's aren't happy about it but life changes when we loose our parents. My mother has been in Florida for Christmas for so long and I am used to it. Her brother and sisters split to their own homes when she went to florida and didn't come back until spring/almost summer. New traditions start for us then on Christmas day until if my d girls have families of their own.

cards out but nothing done. time to do the kitchen - be a mom that the family can lean on. It's been a tough year since loosing d mom in law. I burst into tears yesterday talking about the holiday but I have to be strong so I can help ease our family find peace in the holidays.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Glad that all worked out, Kathryn. :D

Still not feeling up to par. We've all been dozing. Dh is working on his puzzle. They'll be getting ready to go to Orlando shortly I'm sure. I definitely don't feel like going so hoping dsonil does feel like it.

Got our own bin of Christmas ornaments sorted and put out in our rooms. There's about 3 items in there that I'm donating. Also found about 8-10 cloth gift bags that I think we bought on sale at the $ Tree a few years ago. They'll be perfect for name drawing gifts. They're really nice ones.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:15 pm

The POOL IS WINTERIZED & COVERED. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

I am soooooo relieved to have this done before we received a hard freeze. Yesterday it was 80F and today it's in the 70's. All next week it is supposed to be sunny and beautiful weather. But I know the cold weather is coming.

The 8 chairs and 2 tables around the pool are stored. I still have about 25% of the plant and containers to take care of. After giving my body a break I might go finish that.....or not. I am leaning toward doing it another day and starting my weekly Sabbath.

I can't remember the last time my body was this achy. It's a good achy though from muscles being used. I've already drunk an extra 24 oz of water, but I am craving water still so will drink another bottle.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Dh and I walked over to the store and picked up my inhaler and aerochamber. They don't have an adult one so I'm stuck with a kids one. The difference is colour and kiddy drawings on the outside. I'm not impressed with the pharmacy at all. They could have told me TWO days ago when I put in the prescription that I should go elsewhere for an adult one. I was out and about yesterday. I see that I can't order one online. Interesting - it is a piece of plastic and it isn't covered under medical plans so you can buy one without a prescription. It was $33 so I thought online might be cheaper.

I need to take a couple of doses now and see if it makes a different. We are walking back to do our flu shots and I have to take the inhaler 20 - 30 minutes before I exercise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Had a bad headache so couldn't tell if the inhaler worked because I couldn't walk very fast on the way over. I hate the 'buzz' I get off it. My heart races a bit.

We got our flu shots. Dh's arm is just fine, my aches and I have occasional shooting pains.

Dinner was fine at the pub. Tomorrow is the Grey Cup and it will be quiet at the restaurant. Apparently the regulars stay home to watch the game with friends instead of going out. He normally has hockey teams come in on Sunday but those have cancelled (so the parents can watch the football game at home.) The Grey Cup is hosted here in Ottawa this year (but our team isn't playing) so traffic will be a bit worse tomorrow. I think we're avoiding it all day. At least I'm hoping we are.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Lucylee, I watched the Auburn game against that other team. Great win! Congratulations. I love your team's running game and like their quarterback. Good luck against Georgia in the championship game. I'm just so happy for your DH. :D

Return to “Post When You Can”