Tonto Domingo PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tonto Domingo PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 am

For Lucylee, who suddenly started speaking Spanish in her posts last night!

(Learning the meaning of tonto; silly - my use, or stupid, fool, idiot, makes the Lone Ranger that much more offensive.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tonto Domingo PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:59 am

We've foolishly scheduled too much today.

I'll be back when I can breathe.

*Poof*

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:07 am

I don't understand the title of today but that's okay. If I translate it into English it is "Fool Sunday PWYC". :)

I was up several times during the night. When I got up around 11pm, everyone was asleep. When I got up around 1am, I found DGD6 bedroom light on and her tablet in bed with her. She had apparently woke up and played on the tablet until she fell back asleep. I got up 2 more times during the night to check on her and let my dog out. Everyone except DGD6 was up and going by 6:30 this morning. DGD6 is usually an early riser so I am assuming she was awake a couple hours during the night.

My body hurt so bad last night that I started thinking I had the flu. Everything hurt. I drank extra water and went to bed earlier than normal. This morning I feel fine except for my shoulders being tight. I am grateful for a quick recovery from whatever it was.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 am

Good morning - watching sunday morning but will be back!
Good morning d kathryn and d lady and all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I'm getting a late start today.

We didn't get home from DBIL's until after 1:30 this morning. I had expected to be back much, much earlier but DH was having such a good time talking to his DB that I didn't ask to leave. Oh wait, that doesn't sound right. I really enjoyed visiting with DBIL and DSisIL, too, but usually DH is the one patiently waiting for me to stop chatting with family. Last night DH and DSisIL started talking politics and it took them quite a long time to solve the world's problems. ;) :lol:

We didn't realize until we walked in their door that we were invited to a Thanksgiving Feast. My goodness, DSisIL went all out with the turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, lettuce salad, quinoa salad, rolls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and 3-4 different flavors of pie which I couldn't even look at because I was so full! DSIL and her middle daughter prepared all of that food. There were 12 of us there, 1 of whom was a toddler, and enough food for 3 times that many people. As I said, it was indeed a Feast.

I took along a large veggie tray with ranch dressing dip. It was totally consumed as an appetizer while the kids waited impatiently for the turkey and ham to be ready.

After the meal, DSisIL and DN started washing pans & baking dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher. As soon as DSisIL moved away from the sink to do something for one of her gc, I stepped in and washed while DN dried & put away. I don't mind washing dishes and I was happy to help. I also couldn't believe that her other 2 daughters sat around and did not offer to help with anything the whole time, nor did they bring any of the food. In my family, everybody pitches in, including the menfolk. OK, just call me Judgey McJudgerson. :)

I don't have any major plans for today. I'm going to have a cup of coffee and check my calendar for the coming weeks.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:02 pm

DH was concerned how bad I felt last night and encouraged me to rest today. I decided to take his counsel and stay home today. I don't feel like sitting/laying around but I welcome the opportunity to not go full speed as normal. A nice slow relaxing pace sounds good to me.

I gathered tree limbs that were on the ground and carried them to a gully in a pasture. The weather is beautiful today and makes me want to spend time outside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:31 pm

I am glad you are resting d lady!

hi d kathryn too!

today: gratefulness!

my home is a living hotspot because I didn't clean as I went for making dinner and I am now living with the consequences.

today's goals:
play game with family - have appetizers maybe or fresh fruit.
laundry heavy work day
today is planning and menu day
make dinner early today so clean up - flieshkierla (using left over turkey), make banana bread and apple bread because I couldn't make it the other day.
a good salad with dijon as well and left over everything else

We got our name picks - yay.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:15 pm

I have journaled. Fed hens went to store got Pioneer woman crock pot happy w it when I realied mine is a 6 not 7 qt :lol: . I was surprised how many of the programable cookers did not have lid locks. Got a roast to cook in it and hb & bacon for a bacon burger. So I am ready for payroll it begins in a few min.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Glad that LadyM has a day of rest, after the exertions yesterday.

Dh and I went out to Bed bath beyond for a clothes steamer. We iron infrequently and I want to try it on some clothes that I hang to dry. And will be good for his suits when he leaves them crumpled up in his car. We also walked through Tar jay and got some groceries. Dd and I were both cooking last week and all the eggs got used up.

I'm having lunch. Breakfast was some challah w butter and jam and I sure was getting "hangry" as it wore off.

I think I have a nap planned. We watched the Iron bowl yesterday at friends' house and I couldn't remember whether Lucylee was going. Not a good year for my home state, for sure. And dh was pleased that FL state won against its cross state University.

I need to get busy planning a bd party for dh's 60th bd. He expects one. I'm not good at surprises and don't think could I could pull one off. I suggested that we either host an open house brunch, or a restaurant brunch. His bd is the 30th of December so it's hard to fit it in. I'm thinking a Sunday brunch at a restaurant with a private room.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:26 pm

hi d twins!

hi d nancy!

Return to “Post When You Can”