Tonto Domingo PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tonto Domingo PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:29 pm

not moving fast at all!!!

dishes emptied from last night and new dishes washing themselves and I still have dishes on the counter next to the sink ;)
rest of counters and stove top is clean finally
next vacuum the floor and hand wash it. done :D
listened to radio show the bishops wife while working
took all the thanksgiving down but now have to put it away :D
empty dishwasher and refill with what's left on the counter done :D
I have the dinner things to make on the counter
meds taken late :D
carry the rest of the thanksgiving stuff downstairs :D
prepared dinner to finish in a bit - flieshkierla is done and ready to sauté, salad with a bunch of stuff made ready for dressing, old bread from the other day sliced and oiled/garlic-ed and toasted (ready for left over bruschetta), a very small amount of mashed potato from thanksgiving and cranberry sauce from thanksgiving (we ate dinner) :D
emptied dishwasher again and filled it again from dinner prep and looking around the house ;) now washing again :D
emptied dishwasher and cleaned counters again :shock:
washed floor by hand where I was standing when cutting veggies :D

I was going to have a heavy laundry day but I will move that until tomorrow :arrow:

next: take sewing machine and ironing board downstairs :arrow:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi!

The CFL equivalent to the Super Bowl is on today! Grey Cup Sunday here.

Therefore, I am making chili for dh. I don't like it, but I will have a smaller pot for myself without the mushrooms or heavy spices.

Working on laundry, including the heavy blanket from our bed. The kitchen is a mess.

I feel much better, but I am still coughing.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:38 pm

hi cathy!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 pm

((friends!)) thank goodness you are here. :shock: (not that you were lost at all, but I haven't been able to approach the computer for a couple days.

Have to forget catching up right now.

Well, Harmony seems to worry she's lost (technological-land-wise), so I hope she stays connected. Wish I could transport whatever it is to HRH and say, "make this thing... .. do the thing... .. that it does". Alas, no transporter.

Nancy and Twins, that's great you have new small appliances to enjoy. Hope they are big benefits.

BookSaver, Judgey McJudgerson :D I put those long robes on sometimes, too. An awkward fit!

Many thoughts of mine were on this village yesterday.
I (me, yes me) did the whole Thanksgiving Table Thing, often thinking of one or another of you, who could manage that so much better than me! I was a weary puppy. Sweet potatoes from across the fence were a big hit as a casserole with pecans. I've been asked to make that again. My aunt's broccoli casserole that dd37 remembers so fondly was disappeared from the pan. I tried a new pineapple baked beans recipe that was eye-catching on the table (rings of pineapple in a row/stack across the top).

Sadly, there were only a dozen of us because ds' family, who were bringing turkey, couldn't attend because the bug that toddlerC had, has hit both children and even harder. So HRH ducked out to the store and brought back something already sliced last-minute. Then made his usual contribution, the mashed potatoes.

Dd37 brought 3 pies with her, so we were set for dessert.

Dd19 took a photo of the table for ds' family's sake so they could pick and choose for travel-plates to be taken to them afterward.

Ds did pop in himself, after seeing the text and not even waiting for her photo. We fed him in a corner ( :lol: ) . At least he got to see his sister.

It took t-h-r-e-e dishwasher loads :| plus hand-washing of a lot of oddities or large items.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Just realized I never got here today -not even sure about yesterday.

Must be something going around the board, LadyM. I was up during the night as my knee started bothering me big time. It still was this morning and I've been putting heat on it off and on. Did go to church but didn't get up and down.

I've brought in our 2 memento boxes from the garage and they're set nicely in our bedroom (they're deco boxes so I got away with that). The 3rd box I brought in (piece by piece) was a book of cookbooks belonging to dd. I've sorted them into piles and it'll probably take her all of 90 seconds to sort them and send some packing. Dh and I'll put the remainder on her cookbook shelf. I've put a couple in our room on the bookcase to scan some recipes. Then she can decide if she wants to keep them at all. Figure any she decides to 'toss' I'll flip through to see if there's recipes we might want and scan those. I'm trying to get at least one box a day from the garage. Imagine dd might want to get one more Christmas box out of there tonight.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Good Sunday afternoon.

The family Thanksgiving lunch out postponed Wednesday because exDH was ill with a cold was done Friday; we went to Lubys cafeteria and everyone got exactly what they wanted to eat and we carried out the leftovers. Mine are in the freezer. DD does the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning to benefit a local charity and no one wanted to cook. I fixed a game hen with stuffing and gravy and sides for myself. And TCM did 3 fav comedy movies for me Thanksgiving night.

I said last week I would clear my dining room table of all the clutter on it and I have.
The contents of my little tool box were sorted, nails, bolts, etc., and bagged in snack bags. Box washed, refilled and put in its proper place.

The ceramic item needing fixing has been removed to a side shelf with a tube of super glue ready to mend it.

AND THE STACK OF PAPERS has been sorted by month, banded and set on top of the file box ready for filing or added to trash, recycling or shredded. There is now nothing on the table but a clean Mexican themed table cloth and a glass tray with a doily and a seasonally appropriate candle on it.

(Yes, there are many other stacks of paper that need addressing but I will address them later. Most of them are aged and will go to trash, recycling or shredder)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:45 pm

d harriet your dishes sounded lovely - I am sorry your ds toddler and family couldn't come but happy your ds was able to be there (lol even if he was in the corner :lol: ) So glad you are here!

d dee hello and glad you are here too!

d austin great job on your papers as well and the other things done!

I had to take off my wedding ring because the poblano's I roasted made the skin under my wedding ring red and burn - unusual - it could have been the other pepper. Not sure why this was a problem... I have made these many times.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Today's title has a reference to my misspelling yesterday. I think LadyM was wondering about that.

I made it to church, and I am so glad I did. It was ds and ddil's week to serve communion and dgs helped. So sweet.

Napped all afternoon and now we're on our way to a church show where ds is playing. Dgs is going too.

Dh thinks we will be home in time to buy groceries. Whew... I hope we get there before it is all self-check. This is my week to buy Thanksgiving supplies -- for chicken and dressing Fri night at dgd's birthday.
Thurs and Fri are going to be sooo busy.
Tomorrow is another day.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey Austin Granny! I need to know ASAP what you are taking to bring on such an explosion of "getenerdone"lol: I did things at home during the summer like that and expect to do more when we return home in April. I love to look at the results and it isn't as hard to let go of "stuff" as I age. I know I can't take it with me and I have no one to leave it to. (I think my step-daughter would pass out if I tried to load it all on her!)

Has been a real lazy weekend here. I am looking forward to tomorrow when we have errands and "Monday Lunch Bunch". :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Monday here.
car is in for an evaluation, service? auto system possibly needs something doing.
I've been not driving it so much this last week in my not trusting. Its old, but has only 12x,000k on the clock.
It had been so good. I'm not sure I'd be up to getting another at this stage, so I hope its not terminal.
2nd Monday of not getting to yoga. sigh.
fat i gue attatched itself to me this morning after waking pre5, then dozing after taking tmeds @ 7.
The thought of a needed I/c phone call, and whatnot of carting yoga stuff on buses, and walk to and from with passing showers helped fat i gue win.
this afternoon - helper is here and I have my work cut out for me to prep for that, and when she is here its busy too.

I finished the premade seed cereal dish this morning. I think I'll do that again. It set like a pudding. slice it with a knife. The next version will have dried fruit added to the mix.
I had a phone call from dm yesterday. It would be hard to not be able to visit her if I was ok to do that, and the car is too.

Waving to all. Recover well from your feasting. :mrgreen:

(a msg from :mrgreen: . I think the green curry paste has to go, as probable source of discontent tummy this am.)
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”