prince harry got engage Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

prince harry got engage Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am

I love new beginnings and it was fun to see the news on the engagement this morning. I have a special place in my heart for young people and it was sweet to see how happy they were. We just had an engagement a couple years ago and the joy my nephew and new niece had was so warming.

I want that joy for each and everyone of you today. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day as we age that we forget to dream and get excited for the future. We sometimes feel like we have done it all and now the we are older we forget to look 100% forward like we did when we were young. We are definitely not done yet.

so today I am looking forward in innocence and dreaming as I did in my youth and grateful for the past for all it has given me.

How can you give yourself that feeling you had at 20 - seeing the whole world ahead of you. I wish you the best. whats exciting about today

I am very grateful to be with all of you!.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: prince harry got engage Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:52 am

I am beginning to see a change in attitude for dsonil. He always has been a "doom & gloom" kind of guy. Yesterday: He had a nail in his car's tire & tire company refuses to fix the tire -it's too old; talked with people on east coast who were taking two of his tikis at $700 -he told them to go ahead and send a check (they already have the tikis). Seems she has lost her job and a few other things so can't take the tikis. Then he really fell over the dog hurting his hip. Seems like there was something else, but his take: "It'll get better". He's gone now to talk with their financial advisor and then on to the unemployment office. When he went last Wednesday they told him he was no longer in the system and would have to do that via computer. DD tried this weekend and it repeatedly told her he IS in the system already and he's forgotten his password and they can't retrieve that. So, we'll see how he makes out this morning.

DD had the bright idea this weekend that maybe dsonil could work with dh at the campground this summer. I'm trying to remain positive about this possibility. The guy who's been helping dh there will not be asked back for '18. Dsonil is almost retirement age (how in the world could this be??!!) and dd would just like him to be doing something. He doesn't have retirement built up anywhere as he has had so many employers over the past dozen or so years. I'm trying not to think of the things that could go wrong in this scenario and not even sure dh's boss will hire him. That remains to be seen. Meantime he might find something that's 'up his alley' anyway.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am

Yes, happy news for fans of the royal family. I don't recall who mentioned "The Crown" last night but dd and I thoroughly enjoyed binge watching it last year.

I need to go to dh's office to take him a tie. He worked out this morning and forgot to take a tie to put on today.... :roll: and I'm still in pajamas.

-breakfast smoothie and med/vitaimins
-change clothes, brush teeth clean up etc.
-empty the dishwasher
-sort and start a lol
-will dh be home for supper tonight? I don't think he ever told me....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 am

d dee I am praying for him! I hope things turn around very soon for him.

hi d twins good morning!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am

"If you wait all you get is older"- (a good quote for me to keep looking at things as exciting and work on things I want to do a little at time) So today I am trying to bring that youthful thinking back into my Monday. A new Monday - Gosh I love Monday's - a new beginning to the week.

today
Pulling cards

hoping dh will help me in front room/ living room
laundry day
laundry room
lights
dailies

stop by barnes and nobles to get an idea for myself
dh - look at printer for his computer
grocery store (wow the excitement)
dinner: turkey soup/salad or sandwiches
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am

Happy news with the prince. And how history runs in cycles. Almost a century later, another British prince marries a divorced American!

I'm up and at it although slow moving. Just finished getting dressed and I'm sweating even though it is below 0 outside, windows are open and I'm just wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Took my temperature. Yup, I'm running hot, just a degree above my normal.

I've taken a decongestant and antihistamine and will do a quiet task now. Spare bed needs to be stripped and remade so maybe I'll do a load of laundry today but that isn't high priority at the moment.

Dh is at a movie and will be bringing W & R back here with them after. He's anxious for them to see the apartment so I should probably mop the kitchen and finish tidying. I'm down to my desk and dining table being less than perfect, everything else is tidied. (I'm ignoring the office, not my space plus it has several items that are waiting to be moved to ds's storage locker so it is rather crowded right now.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 pm

I caught that on the news this morning.

I am in the middle of PUPA lr x
Working on kit. Now.dump trash upstairs x
I am considering cooking spegitti squash in the crock pots! :mrgreen: I need to focus on veg. This week.

Next up vacuum lr x! Except under the couch. Might wait till I have help moving it.
Then mop. X
Home blessing under way and some zone focus. :mrgreen:
We have lovely weather here today.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Good luck to Prince Harry and his fiance. :)

I've been pushing myself this morning because I thought I wanted to run the sewing group newsletter to the printer in TheBigCity and then stop for fast food lunch before work.

Then I had 2nd thoughts about the plan and realized that all the rushing around will do is probably make me late for work, with the only benefit being that sewing group members will receive their newsletters in the mail 1 day sooner. Well, most of them won't care because the meeting isn't until December 9th. I'm going to put off the running until tomorrow, when I'll have time to use a gift card for a leisurely brunch at a restaurant that DH doesn't like.

That gives me a little over an hour to dry my hair, find something for lunch here at home, and finish getting ready for work.

The library has been closed since Wednesday so we are expecting to be very busy tonight. Also, 2 volunteers are bringing a Christmas tree to decorate. The rest of the trees will be put up tomorrow afternoon.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:15 pm

No guests will be coming. That's ok, the apartment needed tidying plus I'm still feeling warm still. I did get a bit of filing done, so there are a few fewer papers around. I also sorted the Christmas cards we received for free this year into three categories (religious, Christmas, Seasons Greetings) and pulled out my services for the upcoming lectionary year and sorted them by season so I can find copies of my old services more quickly. I also read my 2014 Christmas service and have thought about how I'll use a similar method of preaching this year since I'm at the retirement home on the 24th (both Advent 4 and Christmas readings.)

I've had my lunch so now it is time to focus on entering my credit card slips and reconciling accounts.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:52 pm

good morning d kathryn! I hope you start feeling better fast d kathryn!

good morning d book! good thought to not do the letter today - it sounds like it would be stressful trying to do everything - how nice that you have a sewing group and you send out the letters. That is really nice of you!

d nancy spaghetti squash sounds yummy! you always impress me with your work... well done d nancy for staying to your tasks!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”