prince harry got engage Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: prince harry got engage Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:54 pm

DD and ds are working on renters insurance - hopefully the last step before they sign a lease. If this works out, their apartment would be available the 27th of December. :D

I need to peel myself off this chair. I did take the tie to dh, and he is going to be home for supper. I didn't finish the last list before I took off....

-reboot laundry
-empty dishwasher
-clear kitchen and breakfast bar counter
-s2s
-Chore bingo set up....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 pm

dd younger made 2 banana breads and I am making turkey soup. everything is cleaned up (except floor needs vacuuming and swiffering)
After the banana bread is done we will run errands - dh is home so I can leave the turkey stock going.

yay... dd's pain has been cut down by 2/3's - always good
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:06 pm

hi d twins good morning! yay for your dd!
I like your chore bingo...
wishing you a great day.

I think I will pull my laundry room cards because the banana bread will take 40 minutes to cook
I am lazy - boy I would love to be a born organized. :D But still thank goodness for 3 x 5's for me

furnace man has come and gone. :D
spoke to d mom - dd younger set it up that the new washer and dryer, the a/c repair and the tv/computer people came today and all those are done as well. So d mom is set up.

dd younger has decided to stay home because she is still in pain but not as bad as Friday and Saturday. She will watch the stock for me.
banana bread cooling
dishes washing themselves from this mornings cooking.

so first errands

next: Job I don't want to do but will
laundry room
Manage clutter a bit
clean vents
clean off one shelf
surface dust walls
wash doors again geesh
dust under shelf
vacuum dogs rugs
clean the washer dryer on front and sides
take swiffer duster and put between machines and machines and walls
dryer exhaust - I have asked dh for 2 weeks and nothing so if I want it done I will do it - pick my battles
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Glad to hear dd's pain is lessening and by a goodly amount by the sounds of it.

Dblessed, you posted at 10:01am
d dee I am praying for him! I hope things turn around very soon for him.
Hopefully that has begun. About 11:30 dsonil came in from the shed to announce, "I have a job!" His head is spinning. Remember quite a while back I had mentioned he had gone to the Bahamas to apply for a job at their expense? After quite some time it ended that someone younger was given the job and that was okay as he had gone to work for the company here -where he lost his job about 2 weeks ago. Well, they called from Nassau today to say it just isn't working with the other guy and was dsonil available? When asked when he could come, he replied as soon as you want me. So they're working on getting his flight set up, an apartment and a car for him and sending someone to bring over his tools. He will at the very worst have a job for 30 days and then they'll decide. Have no doubt he will fit their bill very nicely. He is so excited, while not quite knowing what to do about leaving his Mom. But that will all work out. In times past his sister would take care of her and her needs, but she does have her granddaughter and her dh who are very caring. He did call dd to let her know what's happening so I know her head is spinning as well. This is a very good paying job, which if it all works out, will help them pay off everything and then some. He'll only have his food to pay for over there. They foot a lot of the expenses, including housing, electric & car. He certainly won't need much gas.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Lunch & a break. Putting feet up and realizing they don't hurt. sweet!

My day started at 4am when I woke up ready to get started. I tried to make myself fall back to sleep but it didn't have any success so I got up and got started on the day.

By 6:30am I had finished personal care, D2S, kitchen chores, dog care, and prepared homeschool lessons for the day. Because we didn't have homeschool last week it took me longer than normal to set the lessons up.

By 8:00am I had welcomed DGD6 here, fixed her hair, spent 20 minutes on the phone talking to DGS11, DGD6 and DSon, daily floor care (blower & dust mop), prepared breakfast (omelets, sausage, toast, bananas w/chocolate drizzles, and cereal), did character study with DGD6 & DS9 while we ate breakfast together, cleaned dining room table and put breakfast dishes in hot soapy water, got DGD6 launched to school, did 15 minutes of walking outdoors, and got DS9 started on his lessons.

By 9am I had welcomed DMom to our home, made a couple phone calls to solve her current problem (she was lost and didn't know where to go), took DMom to the place, restarted DS9 on his homeschool lessons.

By 10am I had drove the 25 miles to where DBro is taking chemo - made 2 stops on my way. First stop was to pick up a loaf of fresh banana bread from DMom to take to the nurses caring for DBro, the second stop was for a jumbo drink to deliver to DBro. While we were driving I had DS9 doing homeschool lessons (handed to him on clipboard). If you ever get feeling sorry for yourself, go to a cancer center. Looking at all the people who are deathly ill gives a whole new perspective on life problems.

By Noon I had visited with DBro while he was hooked up to chemo and discussed his lab results (fantastic!). Went to Sams for gas and to get things on "Buy this" list. I didn't think there would be that much but the buggy was totally loaded to the top and the rack underneath was full too. DH got the 15 pizzas ordered for Wednesday night. We got home and unloaded everything and put it away. For lunch, I made a green salad, pulled out leftover potatoes and cut up the rotisserie chicken breast.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Dee - YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for your DSIL and DD! What a wonderful answer to prayer.

We have 30 minutes until leaving for DS9 chiropractor appt. I AM SO EXCITED. Cautiously excited. Tentatively excited. Who am I trying to kid? I AM READY TO SHOUT FROM THE MOUNTAIN TOPS.......DS9 tics are 75% gone. I know they said the tics would come and go, and this might just be a slow phase but his tics have never been this less. I don't know if the reduction in tics is from chiropractor adjustments and/or eliminating food dye. We are sooo very encouraged and hopeful.

After the chiropractor appt, I need to go pick up a recliner DMom bought :roll: and deliver it to her home. Then pick up DGD6 from school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Whatever the reason why, we're rejoicing with you, LadyM, and hope the tics continue to improve even more! (And thanks -know this might not be the answer for a lot of people, but it'll work for them for a year or 2. At least until he's retirement age.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm

What good news for LadyM and ds, and for Dee's dd and dsil!

I am rocking along here. I've cleaned up dog food closet and emptied bag into the bin, cleaned inside of car windows, got out Hanukah things, tested bulbs, etc., purged refrigerator and sent a temple email. Next up is 15 min on desk clean up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:05 pm

I've managed to bring in I think 3 bins/boxes from the garage. One was very small containing 2 small and 2 larger pine candles for the season. But every box in is one less in the garage. Dh and I also brought in a larger box of 3 ceramic penguin cookie jars. Got those washed, dried and we put them back on the open shelf in the kitchen. Have another small box & a medium size box that will be easy for dd to sort through. Also finished putting away what cookbooks dd was keeping.

I've had a package arrive. It's a stair stepper for me. We've pretty well decided we can't find a gym here that will meet our needs. However right now, with my right knee in a lot of pain, I won't be able to use it immediately. We also have a pulley with us that dh needs to figure out how to hang. That will help us both with our shoulders. Figure between these and walking, I should be good. Now for my knee to heal -whatever the problem is. Seems more like 'soft tissue' than the joint. Woke up in the middle of the night a couple of nights ago with it really hurting. I'm hobbling and trying to often put heat on it. Maybe I just was on it too much last week.

Anxious for dd to get home and see what she thinks. Dh said dsonil has had a huge grin on his face. Praying this is the answer they've been looking for.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Waving from Tuesday.

Happy news for LM and Dee families. Congratulations.
I remembered being staggered by the results diet change could make for my two girls, in very different ways one from the other, LM. Realise most/ or maybe many of those food dyes are not allowed to be sold in Eu without big warning labels.
Fingers crossed Dee's dsil is a good fit for the new job.

Tmeds taken.
Load of washing on - trying quick cycle again.
Perio appointment this afternoon.
Fingers crossed my car will be happy enough to drive there.

Time for washing to go out.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”