Just Do It Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Just Do It Tuesday

Postby Lilac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 am

Do you have something important that you keep putting off doing? Then Just Do It. I have procrastinated renewing my anti-virus protection. I still have a week left but decided to get it done this morning before I get too busy with Christmas preparations and forget.

Lilac

Re: Just Do It Tuesday

Postby Lilac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 am

I went to bed late but kept waking up during the night and finally at 5:40, I decided to just get up and get started on something. That ended up being the anti-virus protection renewal.

Good morning to all!

Guess I will venture outside to see if the newspaper is here yet.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 am

I am going into school today even though I have a mgraine. My student teacher is being evaluated by her university and I need to be there to help her out so I just have to do it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:01 am

Lilac wrote:Do you have something important that you keep putting off doing?

Hahahahahahahahahahah!

Yes.

But I'll be babysitting today instead.

Yesterday afternoon's phone call has opened a world of hurt directed at the RA by the mean man over the Rent Increase hearing. He feels that unless he holds all the proxies, it is not a unified front in the negotiation to reduce the rent increase. The formal negotiation failed in July and Thursday is supposed to be a formal hearing where the tenants identify the expenses claimed by the landlord that are ineligible for recovery of costs through a rent increase. My guess is that the mean man hasn't done that work (the lawyer we consulted said it was foolish to go for a ruling because the landlord is careful and the expenses will be legit so negotiation was the only way to get a lower increase.

This guy has no attention to detail and, in an email to the RA list, I corrected one of the five errors in the letter he sent to every apartment and offered them a chance to fill in a form naming someone else to represent them. I don't want him to be the sole representative because the lawyer for the other side will destroy him. Mean man is doing this for glory.

What is interesting is that if one is a leader, one works for a unified front with all people present. Therefore, instead of attacking me, he should be working with me to make sure I support him. Instead he has sent threats and demanding I send out another letter telling people to sign proxies with him or else be subject to have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars more in higher rent because they didn't join in with him.

I'm waiting for the RA exec to let me know how to respond.

((((Rosie))))

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 am

Hoping your day goes pretty well, (((Rosie))). I've seen how low dd can be laid with those durn migraines.

I slept till almost 3. Got up with a low BS and ate some licorice (too much evidently as it's not low but decent this morning). Took some t ylenol for my knee and then I was up and down, and down and up....... Dh slept in the recliner and I covered his feet 3 times. Think I'll get the folded quilt out for him tonight and see if that works better for him. I certainly don't want to buy another blanket.

Dsonil is supposed to get the definitive word from the Bahamas this morning. DD said her head was simply spinning last night. They're trying to make arrangements for him to fly over Monday and stay for 30 days. They'll take care of getting a 30-day work visa, then he'll have to come back. If everything works out then he'll have to get a permanent work visa. We've pretty well decided if this all comes together, we'll have Christmas whenever he comes back.

Guess I've stalled long enough for it to be time to have my breakfast and get on with the day. We're going to Willing Workers at church to work on roller bandages this morning. Also want to stop at the jewelry store and get my 'hangers' for my 2 cross necklaes fixed. I've been without anything for at least 3 months now. I feel 'naked'.

I'm still hobbling but thinking my knee is a tad better. Put heat on it through the night and have a brace on now. Got my new step climber delivered from A river yesterday. Dh put it together last night and I've tried it very gingerly.

(((Kathryn))), you should have the headache!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:47 am

Waving from Tuesday late.
periodontist hygienist today. We got talking diet - my version is that the items that annoy my gutz and innards, also annoy my mouth/ gums/ jaws. He thought there was some/ little improvement this time.
one of my things is no tea or coffee.
*** his observation *** that people who drank a lot of tea or coffee had worse gum problems than smokers who didn't drink tea or coffee. Lots of build up on the roots of teeth. His suggestion was for them to drink water /rinse mouth afterwards and their gums improved.

beach walk afterwards. ocean temp 24c. That is warm as summer hasn't begun yet.
ate at shopping plaza. supermarket - looked at clothing there - resisted. I want to go back.
Bought goat milk and yoghurt. also some small freezer containers to get away from freezer bags. 1/2 price.
I divide meat to single serve portions.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 am

(((Rosie))) I admire your determination to do the right thing, while suffering with a migraine. I had migraines prior to menopause and they put me to bed due to severe nausea and vomiting, every time. Most of the time I couldn't even listen to music or TV while having one. Except one time there was a movie I wanted to watch. I laid in bed listening to it and not once did I open my eyes and look at the bedroom TV. Once menopause hit and I no longer had migraines, I was a happy girl.

Yesterday I had planned to stay home and clean house. I colored my hair and started on laundry. Just as I was eating lunch, dd2 called to see if I could still watch the girls after their dentist appts. I told her I thought they had school. Their small country school has slightly longer days so that every other week they can have Monday off. I thought after a 5 day holiday break that they had school. She thought we had discussed this on Sunday, no we didn't we didn't even talk that day. No big deal, family comes first. Her dh brought them over after their appt along with their Happy Meals. After they ate we played a game of F arkel and a game of D ominoes. Dgs13 came over after school. By then the girls and I were playing my B arbie Q ueen of the P rom game. Then dd2 dropped dgs11 off, while she went to have blood work done. He saw a bag of C uties and between him and the girls, they consumed half of a 5 lb bag. Those 3 love fruit like their grandma. Dd2 and the oldest 2 are not fruit lovers, at all. When dd2 came to collect the kids, I told the girls that I would write down where we were in the game and then we can continue it next time. That game is a hard one to win because until you have a boyfriend, a ring, a club pin and a prom dress you can't go to the prom. You also can't have any IOU cards. Maybe by picking up where we left off, one of us can eventually win.

So today I need to write checks for bills and mail them. While out I need to buy groceries. Then I hope to clean house so I can get the tree up. Dh doesn't understand why I have to have a freshly cleaned house before I put up the tree. The answer to that is because that is the way I roll. Then once the tree is decorated and everything set out, I clean again.

Our string of record setting 70+ degree days are over. We'll have at least 5 days of 50's, then by Dec. 7, the highs will be 30's and 40's.

Guess I better get those checks written, a list made and a shower, so I can run errands and then get started cleaning.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:18 am

This morning is off to a smooth start. Up before 6am with the multiple morning routines done in a timely manner. Breakfast together and DGD6 launched to school. DS9 is doing Teaching Textbooks (Math on the computer) lesson so I have about 30 minutes before resuming one-on-one lessons.

When I take DS9 to his appt with speech pathologist today I also need to take him shopping for boots. He has outgrown his boots. This is a non-stop effort to keep this kid in clothes. It seems like every week he has some category of clothing that needs to be replaced. If I loved to shop, this would be a dream come true. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

Had a reminder yesterday to pay attention to what you are doing. After the kids left I decided to mop the kitchen and dining area. Somehow as I was between the barstools and the chairs at the table, I got tangled up with the vaccum cleaner cord and started to fall. As I was grabbing a barstool from one direction and a chair from the other, I wrenched my body while not pulling the chair or barstool on top of me as I prevented the fall. In the process I have a knee hurting, a hip, wrist and foot. I had my mind on family matters and just wasn't thinking. Note to self, pay attention to what you are doing or you will be laid up, not doing anything.

Checks wrote, now to the shower.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:55 am

Laundry is done.
Dishwasher is unloaded.
I some paper work to take care of. Looked it over.
Groc. List is made out. Shopping done.
Donations dropped off.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”