When it's Wednesday...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

When it's Wednesday...

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:23 am

what do you like to have complete?

Monday is my linen laundry day. I'm supposed to do vacuuming and dusting.

Tuesday is my 'wet' day - focus on cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, including mopping. I do the Monday chores on Tuesday. I probably should change my basic weekly plan!

Wednesday is supposed to be paperwork and writing day.

What is your Wednesday in both your BWP and reality?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: When it's Wednesday...

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 am

I'm up. Tea and breakfast is complete. For the moment so is email.

Last night I made up a list of the proxies I hold for tomorrow and let someone know they are not part of this rent increase (they moved in after the docs were filed.) Got a response back saying they have been informed of a 4+% rent increase, not the 1.8% they should legally get. So they are sending me those docs and I'll raise that with adjudicator tomorrow (and when I hand in the proxies, since her proxy should be rejected - she is not part of the proceeding, all names are listed and hers is not there.) Not sure how significant this is but it points to cheating by the landlord so I want it raised in the hearing (which is a legal proceeding.)

I've been giving this much of my brain cycles this morning. I had not planned on speaking but now will have to since she cannot attend and I am representing her at the hearing.

Now to get s2s and then working on the apartment. Will figure out a 15's or other length of time for the day. I skipped the Monday chores (they were done late last week so don't need doing again) but I do need to do the wet chores so will have to sweep the kitchen as well. And paperwork everywhere.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:21 am

hugs and best wishes Kathryn, and the many others with challenging day today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks for opening the thread today, Kathryn.

Yesterday I had a full schedule.
* Woke up with a yucky head cold but I had a long list of tasks on deadline, so I grabbed some Tylenol cold decongestant and kept moving.
* Took the sewing group newsletter to the printer -- for the last time! No time to fold or anything else so that project continues on today's list.

* Used a gift card for lunch at a restaurant that DH doesn't like. Now I'm not too sure about the place myself. I was lucky enough to arrive there before the rush so I didn't have to stand in line to order. However, before my soup was ready, enough people had arrived that the order line was really long. I snagged a little booth for 1 but had to weave and squeeze my way through people sitting at tables. I had to cross through the order line twice to pick up my food and pour my coffee. The entire time I was eating, I could hear a man at the table next to me giving a high-pressure sales pitch; he sounded so arrogant and condescending that I hope I never have to do business with him! I still have more $ on the gift card but when I go again, I need to be sure it isn't normal lunch time.

* Went to the library to volunteer a couple of hours with a group putting up Christmas trees and winter decor. Stuck to my plan to only stay 2 hours. 8-)

* Aldi for groceries, to use another $5 coupon that would expire in a couple days. This week they had the ingredients needed for a new candy recipe: white almond bark, dried cranberries, macadamia nuts. They weren't on the shelf last time I was there -- proof that some of the merchandise changes frequently.

The library will have 9 trees:
angels,
teddy bears,
patriotic tree with flags from all the military service branches,
women's club handmade paper ornaments with candy canes,
4H kids handmade ornaments,
library patron handmade natural ornaments,
"teen" bright green/orange/red ornaments with gold garland,
TinyTown historical society's tree, and our
2nd annual hat & mitten tree for things to donate to needy famiilies.
The angel and hat/mitten trees are large full size; the others are either half size or tall but skinny. Plus there are 3 or 4 teeny tiny trees to put on tables.

We also have a large collection of snowmen, snow women, and snowflakes to have throughout the building, and those stay up after the Christmas stuff is put away.

TinyTown's holiday festival will be Sunday, December 10th, in the evening. The Parks & Rec Committee have scheduled lots of activities, many of which will take place in the library's large meeting room downstairs. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be upstairs by the fireplace. Last year there were 4 library staff members paid to work that night. This year they decided they only want to pay 3, so I do not have to work it. I have such a long to-do list for December that I'm grateful to be able to slide a couple other projects into that time slot.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 am

Will be holding you in thought and prayer tomorrow, Kathryn. All so unfair IMHO.

I just completed a task I've been putting off for a couple of weeks. We have S irius radio in our car but can't access the Christmas channels -which we all love to listen to in the car (other than the basic channel & we have full subscription). Noticed the little "help" sign and did an online chat. Should be able to refresh our radio when we go out and get the added channels.

Knee is still 'there' but feels a little bit better this morning. Trying to be ultra careful and not do too much. Have a feeling that I may have simply overdone last week.

Dh thought today was Thursday and was prepared to take his Mon/Thurs meds. Uh...no, today's only Wednesday. We're meeting friends at a favorite spaghetti restaurant for lunch. Want to go next door to P ublix when we're done to pick up T homas E nglish Muffins which are BOGO. That sale ends today -if they have what I need. Tomorrow I have an appointment for a perm (going to try it -have been putting it on hold while my hair recovers from new meds and heart attack). Need to call (right now!) to see if dh can get in for a haircut during that time frame. Then tomorrow night we have tickets for a Gaither Vocal Band concert locally. These are our Christmas gift from dd and dsonil.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am

quick hi.. heading downtown... i hope you have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 am

best of luck d kathryn! Can't believe they try this on and then can get away with it.

Recently a restaurant, was charged for the watering of outside plants by the whole block of stores. The restaurant sued and someone must know somebody but the judge agreed with the landlord of the property. Somehow the water bill only went to them. (a family friend has been handling this and it definitely was hanky panky by the landlord. But they lost and it is too expensive for the restaurant to continue up the judicial ladder for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 am

Floors are mopped. Kitchen weekly chores still need to be done. One of the bathrooms is cleaned so that's a start.

Had to think hard about whether or not I've watered the plants. Eventually I recalled doing so. I really need to use my calendar chore system more. My memory isn't what it used to be (I had watered them when I tidied to make the apartment look good for W & R.)

That reminds me, I need to get ready to go to their place - we are going over after dh finishes his calls.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

That's bad - the pile of papers on my desk just rang I had to dig through them to find the phone!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm

What is your Wednesday in both your BWP and reality?

My BWP for Wednesday is putting on "fresh eyes" and deep cleaning the 4 areas that I clean daily (kitchen, living room, fun room, front porch) Because they get a quick clean every day they are usually company ready status. On Wednesday I do the deep cleaning type of tasks which the kitchen requires the most effort - the appliances are wiped down inside (refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee pot, etc). I usually mop a little better on days that the rooms come up on BWP. That is all I can fit into my BWP on Wednesdays. My focus during the day is homeschool and then we leave from picking up DGD6 from school to do cooking/prep for the Wednesday night meal with the church family. We are gone from the house for about 5 hours in the evening.

This morning routines & activities went very smoothly. DS9 and I have had our best and most productive homeschool day in a long time. It is hard to stay focused on homeschool when we are working it in around other priorities. The last 2 days DS9 has had medical appointments so the homeschool lessons were mostly done on the go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”