When it's Wednesday...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: When it's Wednesday...

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:12 pm

it's 11:10 am and we are still home :shock: I am showered and ready to go and I have all the addresses to visit downtown except the newberry library

I thought we, lol dd, would already be there but someone is a little slow ;) :lol: :D oh my dear goodness --- lol "I am putting berries in my yogurt to take with" she is laughing :lol: :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi!

Wednesday is my "wet" day. Anything involving water, except laundry. I ran a load in the dishwasher this morning while I was at knitting. I also ran an errand on the way home.

I saw a huge spiderweb that I need to deal with at some point today. Not a wet job. Maybe I should add web check to Wednesdays!

Tonight is pork chops and ? Either "Old faithful" which is really the name of the recipe. I do have chicken broth and tomatoes and rice.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Yea I have cooked water for a test in Insta pot (IP) did not blow it up lol. Cleaned one mixing bowl cupboard to see how many will fit in it for pot in pot method quite a few actually. Looked up spagitti squash & eggs both take 5 min. Will try combining them.

I cleared off the lz for ip to go on.
Am routine needs to happen.
Happy the hubby got steat belt un-jammed in the main rig yea.
I spiffed up the bathrooms last night.
Off to make bed. S2s etc.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Good morning! I am closing in on a solution for the report problem. It may be in my date handling. Thing is - I thought I fixed that already. The problem affects more than one other report. <SIGH>

DD15 wanted to go to the library for Girls' Night Out. Partially good as I had run out of books when I finished one at lunch, Partially bad in that I could not do any of the daily necessities I had planned for that time slot. She likes to use the library's unlimited internet. Supposedly for homework. However, one of the manifestations of her autism is an obvious gesture when she is excited. I don't think her homework was that exciting. She said she got some stuff done, but had more to do. I hope she did SOMETHING. I got NADA done except check out books and work on the library puzzle.

Canadian Pharmacy called AGAIN. I recognized the voice and here is an extract of our conversation:
ME: Is this Canadian Pharmacy?
HIM: Yes, I'm calling about your medication.
ME: I don't have business with Canadian Pharmacy, take me off your call list.
HIM: No, no, this is not Canadian Pharmacy! This is US Pharmacy. (Then he gave the locations of the "two" really identical companies. I guess he thought I didn't understand the difference between Canada and the US.)
ME: I don't have business with US Pharmacy, take me off your list.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 pm

CathyS wrote: Maybe I should add web check to Wednesdays!

If I did that I'd never get off the computer all day!

I do have a web over the couch in the living room, though. At the house I had a monthly sweep for cobwebs and I could let it go to every 2 months if necessary, except on occasion. Here, despite all the spiders outside, I have only swept a couple of times since moving in. Most of the 'cobwebs' up high were actually dust bunnies blown there by the forced air furnace. With the radiators, I get less mess. I suspect what I'm seeing is a dust bunny of some sort that floated up and stuck on the stippled ceiling.

Major paperwork push has left everything looking better except the dining table which is currently in worse shape. I opened all the mail and dh and I had to replace one credit card, our auto club card, our medical insurance card and our travel insurance cards. I can't believe the coincidence of all coming in the same 10 days of mail. I activated the credit card. I paid a bill and discovered I had already paid it by accident but, on the other hand, I had not paid the credit card bill I was supposed to pay on Monday night. Sigh.... So I've paid the card off in full in order to stop the interest but since that's the card I used to buy all the stuff for the refugees, it will be a lot of interest to pay. I feel incredibly stupid (we have three Mastercards and I selected the wrong one.)

I've had my lunch and am now working on credit card chit entry into Quicken. That's why the dining table is in worse shape, the chits are sorted by account at the moment all over the table.

Before I start that, I'll check email.

Nancy: the instant pot shouldn't ever blow up like the old fashioned pressure cookers do. For two reasons:

1. it reaches a much lower pressure point, therefore takes longer to cook than a stove-top pressure cooker. That's OK, rice may take 25% longer but that's just another minute.

2. It controls the heating element. If it senses the pressure is getting too high, it will turn off the heat and the pressure will lower. You are the one who has to do that with a stove top pressure cooker by paying close attention to it.

I'm assuming I get my ADD from mom. She needed the pressure cooker to cook fast because she'd forget to start dinner and this was before microwaves. On the other hand, she'd get distracted and fail to turn off the stove at the right time, so I can recall at least 3 times she was crying while cleaning dinner off the ceiling. I wish I could take her up in my arms now and say "I understand and I'm so sorry this kept happening to you."

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm

the pile of papers on my desk just rang

yep

Wednesday is trash and recyclables pickup here - trash every Wed, and recyclables every-other one. After morning routine (that's getting ME ready for the day, not the Morning Dailies, which follow later), I carried all the bags of both out and got the cans ready at the road. We had so much (following houseguests we often do, but this was a holiday as well). It felt cool but not really "cold" ❅ ❅ and yet by the time I got everything handled and back into the house my fingers were super cold and I had fun threatening Tobias with them. Not run-warm-water-over-them cold, but well past tuck-them-under-armpits cold. :) Times are changin'.

Morning Dailies (with laundry spinning while I worked with the trash) was done well.

Later I went with HRH to deliver some papers. We sat and chatted with the lady for a while. She's a lovely person. Somehow the conversation got around to her worry over her father's health. I waited and just listened while HRH counseled her about how she could help, and how her father probably feels when told to give up eating what he's used to, why she can't seem to "get through" to him but probably really does, though he doesn't know how to tell her so (or thank her). Also what to expect from a nephrologist's office (where her dad is headed) and the questions to ask, what to look for with their projections, etc.

We grabbed a buffet meal at the healthy foods store and came back home to eat together. Tobias was thrilled (I always add some green peas and corn kernels for him, and he's gotten so he knows their plates). Our old cat Sumo used to want cantaloupe, but this one likes peas. I think all cats are interested in corn - don't know why.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm

I am starting slow slow slow today.
But -- about to finish putting lights on tree so dgs can help with ornaments after church.
We started yesterday but had two strands that apparently died while in the closet since last year!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 pm

5 min. Was not enough time runny whites ack! How long do you gals cook boiled eggs to devil?

I put it on steam with a squash neither were done. Boo!
On the stove here they take 15 min.
One gal said 13 min. Another said 2 let em set for 7.
I guess I will be tweaking it.
I will try again on manual setting and let it set 5 min. I did one that way. It was a bit under done so will do 6 min. On the next one.
Learning curve.
Keeping some notes.
Not feel so good.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm

I need to get geared up and do some things here. I worked on my Pro gen feedback assignments so I've been in la la land.

Wednesday is usually errand day, altho I put it off until tomorrow. (Whoops, just realized that the gas fireplace repair person is coming tomorrow, hopefully I can still get out? or maybe I should go on today?)

Going to get to work here for awhile.....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Working my way through data entry piles. I'm entering things bought back in September which means I'll have September and October credit card bills to reconcile.

Have finished prep for the meeting tomorrow. The resident with the illegal rent increase went to the office and asked why it was so high and they said it was due to the rent increase application and it was explained in the notice of hearing. She said she had got no word of this and they said they'd try and find her a copy.

She gave me a copy of the increase form and sent me a summary of the conversation. Within 30 minutes she got a phone call saying the office had made a mistake and her increase would be 1.8%. I'll still ask the question tomorrow about who is paying attention to the landlord to make sure these mistakes aren't made. If it is the tenant who is supposed to pay attention, then we'll issue a warning to all tenants to double check their paperwork from the landlord.

Ds's Christmas present (the wagon) arrived. It is big and heavy. Next year he gets small gift! Oh, and it requires assembly. Really bad planning on our part!

I've had a snack so back to the grind of entering data. I should start thinking about dinner. Probably chicken.

Return to “Post When You Can”