When it's Wednesday...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: When it's Wednesday...

Postby Lilac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 pm

I went to see the oral surgeon today and he said I am healing fine. I go back Valentine's Day for a recheck and an xray to make sure that whatever bone strengthener he put in there, worked. If so we can then schedule the implants. I asked him about the red spot on my inner cheek. I told him the regular dentist was worried about it but I have had it 18+ years and probably more like 20 something. He said what was concerning to the other dentist was the possibility of melanoma. Eeeek, I sure didn't know you could get that in your mouth. He said if it had been there that long there was no way it as melanoma and was instead an amalgam tattoo. He said that happens when the silver stuff that your teeth are filled with, if even a teeny bit gets into the tissue it creates the amalgam tattoos and are very common. What a relief.

This morning I moved 12 of my under the bed size boxes of ornaments to the downstairs guest room. I need to start putting on ornaments but I had forgot that I add at least 3 strings of a hundred lights to my LED lit tree. I have a collection of churches that light up but you can't use the LED lights for them. So when lucylee mentioned her Christmas lights it rang a bell. Sure glad I hadn't started putting on the ornaments yet. See how much help this board continues to be!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm

See how much help this board continues to be!

So glad I could help, Lilac!! ;) And sooo glad your dentist was able to explain the spot in your mouth.

Now... so much to do... so much to do...
That's why I haven't been posting so much lately.
Monday I started REALLY slow -- even for ME -- but I did make several DPCs...
* shoe repairman, who is still looking for tassels for dh's shoes -- sigh --
* dermatologist appt (for Jan 18 -- and I was relieved he could see me that soon!)
* allergy doctor for refills
* pharmacist -- which led to
* ob-gyn -- for refill rx
And I also
* did allergy shots (b/c I had put that off Sunday)
* filled in my calendar book to syn with dh's... can y'all believe we have a few ballgames already on the calendar for 2019??? :roll:
* went to two drug stores
* watered plants
* did laundry
* s/s baths, including dh's shower & the bathroom connecting to the "baby" room
AND
* went to a movie -- Novitiate -- kind of off the mainstream radar, and I suppose some would say it negatively portrays the Catholic church -- it is about the process and difficulties of becoming a nun, and the conflict so many nuns faced re: Vatican II. We liked it, b/c it is fascinating to us, since we have no personal knowledge of the Catholic church, and also, I like any movie that takes me back to a different time. This takes place in 1964, I believe.
Yesterday I
* walked a mile
* picked up dgs at school and kept him and dgd for an hour or so
* got the tree out and most of the lights on
* went to Wmart to get more lights -- after
* dh & I went to a movie again -- Daddy's Home -- which is funny, but has the off-color humor you would expect. I liked it b/c I like Mark Wahlberg in just about anything.

Today, I managed to
* walk outdoors again for about 30 minutes
* wrap dmom's gift for dgd -- which would have given Harriet a heart attack. It has pink Minnie Mouse on the front, but blue and silver whales on the back, b/c I overestimated the amount of Minnie Mouse I had. :oops:
* finish the lights
-- But I want ANOTHER strand, so I can have blinking lights all over, instead of just letting the top half blink and then be dark at times. DGS and I can go get some after church.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Lilac has a tattoo! Cool!

Next major credit card entered so that's done.

I'll do up the expenses for the refugees now.

I started dinner - while entering the chits, I found the one for the heat and serve pot roast I bought over a month ago. That's in the oven now!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 pm

I think I have found the problem in my queries. It's what I call a boundary effect. Boxes that are marked received on midnight of the first day of the month are not being handled properly. I know what to do about it. But why are clients supposedly getting government cheese at midnight? I doubt the delivery truck is out then. No time to implement the fix but lots of notes taken.

Harriet: My cats are on a duck and green pea hypoallergenic (read expensive) diet. Maybe you have a better way.

I hope lilac always wanted a tattoo.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Are they just called a "tat" now? Trying to catch up with the lingo, LOL.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:31 pm

:) Elizabeth!

pink Minnie Mouse on the front, but blue and silver whales on the back

Well, lucylee, my experiment to give in only gift bags was inconclusive. Maybe the partial pink Minnie Mouse method would be a better way to see if anyone notices when I wrap.

I did have a reasonable call back from the delivery service, a sensible, understandable voice on the line. Seems they use their own mapping (?) and our driveway entrance is shown a half-mile away. So bright drivers who figured it out on their own GPS or with common sense were finding us, others were giving up. Supposedly, he has corrected this. Hope so, because by now they have two packages of ours taken back by the drivers.

He had the authority to (and did) extend our Prime membership by 1 month because of our trouble, so they are definitely a subsidiary of A-river.

A school book, in the meantime, arrived for dd, and that driver photographed the package leaning against the door and the photo was posted on the delivery email. This seems to be the coming thing.

Time for me to get to my exercise.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Hope I have enough battery left to post. Thanks for the info. On ip .

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 pm

Dinner is done and cleaned up.

I have dealt with all the loose pieces of paper that were on my desk. Some were items that needed to be put in the calendar, others were reading about the warranty extension for a component on my car and then explaining to dh what will happen if the part fails and that I'm putting the info in the manual in the car. Hopefully, if it happens, we'll remember and go looking for the info. The car will go into "limp home" mode so it isn't as if we won't notice something subtle!

I still have the cash chits and the bank machine chits to enter but that's probably a dozen items. My desk is lovely and clear for the moment.

Our time today with W & R fell apart. This is significant because we are supposed to be setting up the banking so they can handle their own finances. Plus I needed to see the lease so I can figure out how to pay the rent on Friday. For this month, I've transferred the money into my account from the church and will drive over there to pay it in person with a cheque from my account. Note to self, never put off things, it makes life far more difficult in the future.

I've gone through my SHE tasks in google calendar and I'm doing well on catching up for the week. Technically tomorrow is my Sabbath but I'll be in a hearing all day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Off for a shower now. It is an early start in the morning so doing as Harriet does to make my mornings better is a good thing.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Today my focus was on trying to rest and get rid of a head cold. I've been drinking lots of water. I made soup for lunch and some nice beans & rice for supper. I took a nap this morning and another nap this afternoon.

I did manage to process the sewing newsletters = fold, address label, tape closed, add a stamp. I need to write a personal note on the 4 being mailed to paid advertisers. Then they will all be ready to mail tomorrow, and I will be ready to pass this job on to someone else next year.

My other priority tonight was to fill the trash & recycle bins and take them to the curb. That was the only time I set foot outside of the house today. While I was outside, I went out to the back yard -- in the dark! -- and dragged over a large tarp that DH had left out there to dry last Friday. I folded it and put it in the shed. That was a stupid job to have to do, but it felt good to be out in the fresh air for those few extra minutes.

I've lost track of the number of things I've learned from the smart women on this forum. I've never heard of cats liking green peas. I'll have to see if the calico cat wants to try one next time I have some.

I need to head up to bed soon.

I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow afternoon to see the progress on the holiday decorations. The 4H group was scheduled to be there today to decorate their tree with the ornaments they made. I was told they were making something with milk weed pods, cotton balls, and pictures cut from old greeting cards.

Return to “Post When You Can”