Thursday Top Priority

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
AustinGranny
Registered

Re: Thursday Top Priority

Postby AustinGranny » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:35 pm

LOL My top priority today is getting used to my new TV remote. Google fiber and cable TV were successfully installed yesterday. My son came down to translate the electronic speak of the installer and make sure my internet on the CPU/desk top was working and grandson came by after work to change my tablet to the new WiFi (and of course install it on his device) and explore the TV remote.

All is well ... well, it was until I tried to access my bank account this morning and it wouldn't load. After a moment of panic I called the credit union and yes, their website is down. (Whew!!!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Good morning... I hope I will be here later to say hello to each of you individually.
I still have some shopping this afternoon to do and I would not want to have anyone over to my home because it looks like I never clean it. bathrooms are disgusting, kitchen disgusting, floors... oh my dog hair is everywhere. How does that happen. Not being home and just living in the house and not cleaning up does it. the daily vacuuming has been on hold so the dogs are continuing to shed :shock:

Even with all that I do want to finish most of my shopping.
I have one online present to buy - got the last ideas from my sweet name pick
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:53 pm

((blessed)) mine shocks me, too. I don't know how it happens. :?

BookSaver, so many concept trees - your library is going to be a wonderland! Feel better!

Top priority today for me - taking care of our toddlerC for 4 hours until her Aunt J came with the baby cousin to take "second shift" until Mommy arrives home.

She is "counting". We must have counted "11" of a hundred different things. Whew! Every other numeral is called "eleven!" now. She just loves saying that word. Now that she has heard it, she has abandoned counting in order, for this much more interesting method. I just went with it - I have the luxury of letting the parents be the bad guys! She taught me, "Buckle Up!", which is evidently said while wagging your finger and looking quite stern.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 pm

So cute, Harriet. Love that age.

Back from our 'beautifying' trip. Ages since I had a perm -seems so good! Now I'm eating my leftover lunch from yesterday.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh my goodness I wish dgd would start talking to us!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:46 pm

oh i love when they start counting - and always smile when they don't count in order or miss numbers all together. Adorable d harriet.

well, well, well - my plans to go out have changed. I haven't done anything except get coffee for myself, talk and talk with dh, and pulled cards but have not looked at them.

dog last night tried to wake me up to go out and I told her to go away :oops: and the result - well my upstairs hall had you know what - poor thing. I doubt I will do that again... she could go out 5 times at night if I let her but now I know better. ;)

d mom - oh dear mom - still very friendly but she does this thing where she thinks other families have more grandchildren and family and that their families do so much. Her neighbour got a beautiful letter from her grand daughter thanking her for being who she was. My mother raved on and on - that she would share it with the world. "I love my grandchildren, they are great but this letter ... etc. etc. Dd said it bothered her a bit because she just brought d mom to florida and set up her house and took care of all the appointments- - d girls have done things/wrote things/etc. so many times as I have and as my d brother has but she always brings up other peoples families. I think it is the show for others that means the most. Boy if she could realize what she has. I might say something - i will see. She was so thrilled by this. (unfortunately for this woman she picks favourites as well - never good with children and grandchildren) Some people are who they are. Let it be unless it continues. It is interesting.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Good morning everyone! I am working on the boundary effect problem in my reports. I'm handling it by an IncludeEndpointFlag parameter, because sometimes I need 'em, and sometimes I don't. Right now, I am testing to see if it works with the endpoints, next I have to determine without. Once done, I can replace the old version of the function and the report that uses it should be ok. Then I need to add it to the new report.. I keep finding problems as I go along. Job security I guess.

I am being plagued with migraines lately. Partly because I forgot my morning thyroid meds yesterday. I am not doing too well on my eating schedule either and have lost 2.5 pounds. That would be ok if it were done sensibly, but it is not being accomplished in the right manner. I lose my appetite under stress and with migraines.

I sort of finished the koala yesterday - the nose is crooked and the ears are too small. The latter I will accept if I run out of time, the former is just wrong. Last night, I did some cleanup, including a major stove clean. This morning I panicked over tomorrow having multiple bills due and it not being a payday Friday and knowing there was not enough money in the account. Why was there not enough in the account? Because I decided to mail those bills EARLY while there WAS money in the account.

I don't know if I will decorate the house for Christmas, but I will add some ugly to my Christmas sweater. Natl Ugly Christmas Sweater Day is Friday, Dec 15 this year, plus we have an office party. TWO opportunities for me to assault everyone's eyes!

Canadian Pharmacy called again this morning. <SIGH>. The x is picking me up for DD15's hospital trip tomorrow. At 6 am. She will have the procedure done, and we will go out for breakfast afterward. Assuming she is allowed to eat after. I am also eating before. I'm having enough problems with migraines already.

It is Girls' Night Out tonight and I am hoping it is not another homework evening. I need to do a reset on my blood sugar which is most efficiently accomplished by eating out, most effectively by large quantities from a buffet. I think I will suggest the expensive Chinese place. I've got to get my head better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:57 pm

I took a nap. I suspect I should get out the SAD light, I seem to have lost purpose these days.

I need to finalize the grocery list and head out for groceries. And it's raining now. Ugh.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm

I ordered d sis in laws present Yay - it is supposed to be here saturday

yay I just ordered other d sis in law a present... our name picks are done!!! thrilled. Now hope they will arrive in the mail when they say.

dds and I are "thinking" of baking some bread or scones christmas eve morning to bring to christmas eve (so our name picks can have an easy breakfast the next day).
It looks like we will be on our own on christmas day - I don't care for change but it is how life is.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:17 pm

d twins sending you lots of love, lots of energy and positivity your way today.

Return to “Post When You Can”