Thursday Top Priority

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Top Priority

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:31 am

What is your #1 priority today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Thursday Top Priority

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:57 am

I really have 2 today. First is getting a perm at 10am and 2nd is attending the Gaither Vocal Band concert at the Lakeland Center this evening -a Christmas gift from dd & dsonil.

Dsonil is getting nervous as he hasn't heard back from the company in Nassau since Friday. We all keep telling him to be patient there will be 'red tape'.

I actually slept quite well last night but my knee feels worse than it did yesterday. :roll: I've put the icy hot (with lidocaine) on and my brace so hoping it'll improve as I gently exercise it today.

Time to go make the bed. Dh actually got up and slept in the recliner at some point -I never heard/felt him. Still have to put shoes & socks on. Then on to breakfast. We mentioned going to breakfast tomorrow with dbil/dsisil tomorrow morning. We haven't done that since we got down here. Told dbil before we left as we were afraid dsisil would forget the conversation. I could not figure out why they got a new mattress -it came yesterday. I had said something a couple of weeks ago about I thought they had just got that one a year or so ago. Answer was that "oh no! It's way over 5 years old". She said that again yesterday and dbil tried to correct her that it was less than 2. Later told dh that he wished he'd kept his mouth shut. As it is, he's now doing the dishes, vacuuming, etc. And he's taking her shopping (which she hates btw). Said she was going to sneak out with the car when he's gone. Shudders!

Time to get the BGS out and get moving! Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am

Hi!

I was awake before dh and I was out of bed before 7! I actually got a lot done. Garbage and recycling are done. Another load of stuff in dishwasher. That is done now, I just need to unload the dishwasher.

Spider web check was done yesterday. With a long handled duster.

I have some large pots and pans to do today. We are having home made cauliflower soup for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:49 am

The landlord tenant hearing. I'm in the hearing room now and waiting for the 9 am start. Got a ride from one of the presenters.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:52 am

I needed to pay auto membership today. Got myself there and that done.
I may well need a new to me car to go with that.
It has trouble with hill starts after stop lights.
grocery shopping today.
Another rainy day.
Chicken stock happening.
November has been a much cooler month than October was, mainly due to rainy days.

Prayers for Kathryn and RA.
For all the village needs and concerns.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am

Up and about here. The ddog has been getting me up as soon as my alarm goes off at 7:30. I have the repair person for the gas fireplace coming today, also need to get out and get groceries and perhaps pansies at Lowes, and need to visit dmom. I have a Christmas tree for her room, I'm trying to figure out if it's too big, and what to do about adding some ornaments. It's prewired for the lights.

Ah, the guy fixing the firelogs has come and gone and I didn't get this posted.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:34 am

I have cooked oat meal it was just how I wanted them to turn out! I have an egg cooling used IP I used the rack for the eggs and oats were cooked in a bowl on it. I am deciding how to do squash slices w egg & bacon. I saw some fun recipes in a jar for breakfast.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:44 am

My priority today should be getting the tree decorated. I located the lights yesterday and got them on the tree. So I need to get started on the ornaments............

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 pm

I am observing others reporting their progress with putting up Christmas tree and decoration. Observing is all I'm doing so far. Eventually, I'll get to the next stage in the Christmas Holiday prep.

My top priority today is following the schedule. It has time blocks for homeschool, public school, speech pathologist, chiropractor and DGD6 care.

B: English muffins, waffles, bacon, banana, cuties, grapes, milk
L: Chicken salad, roasted zucchini
D: Wide egg noodles cooked in turkey broth with Turkey/chicken chunks, green salad
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 pm

good luck d kathryn at meeting!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”