First Friday of the last month of 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Friday of the last month of 2017

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 pm

wonderful having baking day and a spiffy home d kathryn.

It looks like we are leaving at 3 instead
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Cathy - WOWsers! You are on fire today. BWTG!

LadyM, how much is not being still long enough to test, and how much is not knowing the material?
His test results show unsatisfactory/below standard in 7 out of 9 tests

I know he scores better when in his "perfect" learning environment. He also took the CAT test which is more in-depth (IMHO) than our mandatory state test. He scored better on the CAT test which was taken online at home in short segments with lots of movement during the test. The CAT test showed that DS9 scored "average" on 5 segments of the test, "slightly above average" on 7 segments and "Well above average" on one segment (Reading Vocabulary).

I only want to use these test results to keep me aware of his problem/weakest areas. IMHO the 2 test results being so different is just another proof that DS9 is in the best learning environment for him.

DH encouraged me to take some time for myself and do something without kids. I had seen an FB post showing a Christmas yard decoration that I wanted so I went looking for it. I found it at a country store that is one of the few places the I LIKE TO SHOP. I wandered through the aisle and enjoyed myself. I came home with several unique items that I will enjoy using in the kitchen. After that pleasant hour, I went to WM to get items on "Buy This" list. Boring but necessary items....bread, milk, vegetables, etc.

On the way home I stopped by DMom's home and dropped off a large poinsettia plant I bought for her. This will probably be the only "Christmas Gift" I give her. If I don't give her anything wrapped up in a gift then I'm okay with that. I buy her stuff all the time - almost every time I go to Sam/WM I pick up supplies for her. Last month I spent over $700 on her vehicle repairs. It might be wrong to not give DMom a wrapped gift to open on Christmas Day, but it is what it is.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:28 pm

LadyM, I'm glad that's not the only test result that you see for ds.

I am home again - chose new glasses - I was torn between conservative glasses and a pair with red frames. I ended up with the conservative glasses - I think they probably were more flattering and the glasses I have now are a colored blue/green frame I can continue to wear too.

I think dmom liked her little Christmas tree in her room.

bw2, you are getting a lot done today too!

I am going to do a short nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:58 pm

thanks for the upbeat start, Cathy

The mood of our home is upbeat. Our tax lady called IRS on our behalf and showed them that we do not suddenly owe them an additional 400, and they realized on further look-see, that instead they owe us about 400. Plus they now say we didn't deserve the letter I call our "bad note" from them. (smile) (HRH pouted for days :( it looked like it was his fault. I was philosophical, but he was embarrassed and had his feelings hurt! ) Her intervention for us made a difference of about $800 in our world. He is so pleased. He wants to give her a gift now. :D

Today I have gone on errands.
pharmacy 1
bank (ours)
other bank to order Church checks took forever
one grocery trip (need a WMart trip but don't know when)

((Ramblin')) I was so sorry to read all that! Ick. May it work wonders - it should, for all that trouble!

Elizabeth - it was a book. :| NOT frivolous. Sorry to hear you had a snafu in scheduling - that's someone dropping the ball of communication, for sure.

Hope this brace makes a difference, Dee.

BookSaver
, how are you feeling?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:00 pm

enjoy your nap d twins!

waving at d harriet as well!

heading out now - 3 rd time downtown driving - not something I mind but it is aging on me a bit. ;) Dd older will be late for dinner (or not at all) but her office is close to the city and hopefully she will get there in time for the play. I had thought about taking the train downtown and have her drive us back but I always worry that there may be an issue with work and she won't be able to get there. At night time the train only comes our way every hour and then every 2 hours. I am not thrilled about sitting in a train station at night.

I told dd younger we were leaving now - mmmm I haven't seen her come down yet ;) lol she just yelled down stairs "coming!!!" :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:55 pm

Good visit with W & R is over. We walked them to the bus and sent them home and then walked over for milk. We were out except for enough for my tea.

We will have an easy chicken dinner tonight and then walk over to the theatre. It will take us about 40 minutes so we've decided not to dress up as we usually do. I was going to but wear hiking boots with my dress pants. Dh doesn't want to wear his hiking boots with dress pants so we'll wear jeans.

While dinner is cooking, I'll bring up the Christmas lights' bin from the locker downstairs and start doing the decorating.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Living room window lights are up and the bows are on the lamp shades, the wreath is on the door and sleigh bells are on the door as well.

I still have the kitchen (at least an hour) and the office to do but already I feel a sense of relief because I've started.

Nancy: a tip from me about Christmas music - try listening to some style you've never listened to before. For me it was heavy rock Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was a few years before I could listen to my regular favourites (Oak Ridge Boys, for example.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

(((((RR))))) I am so sorry you have to deal with those horrible migraines again. I can't imagine that level of pain. I hope the 18 (EIGHTEEN!!!) shots give you the much-needed relief.

DH and I are home alone. The very first thing I notice is the noise level in our home goes to almost zero. It's not that DH and I don't talk to each other but it is nothing like the constant chatter when kids are here.
1. Know what you want.

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

We knew that Rosie and Sweetie have been really sick- with Rosie's terrible headaches and both with colds. Hey, I just want everyone to know that I was not the one who gave them the cold. (LOL) It was the "other one" who gifted them their illness! Seriously, she should have stayed home, but we enjoy both her and her husband. We are glad that R and S are doing better. :)

Hope all have a great weekend. This is decorate the tree and house weekend. I'm usually on it the day after Thanksgiving. Don't know where I have been or what I have been doing. :lol:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:44 pm

DS9 is home again. He didn't want to stay at DD's home. DGD6 will be here in the morning and stay all day and night.

I found DGD6 a beautiful handmade apron today. I asked if they had an apron for boys but they didn't. Both of the kids help me prep food so getting one an apron and the other one not having an apron is a recipe for disaster. I decided to look on a-river for boys apron but didn't find anything that appealed to me. Then it dawned on me to search for Tool Apron. Bingo! I found a manly apron that I think DS9 will enjoy wearing while he is cooking.

I am ready to stop for the day.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”