First Friday of the last month of 2017

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

First Friday of the last month of 2017

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:20 am

That's it's, that's all. One month left do get done what you need to get done for 2017!! No half price specials left! Just 31 more days to wrap this up!! (Seasonal music in the background) Come on down!

Do you have a game plan? One of those nicely written pieces of paper with numerous things on it? Are you checking it once or twice? Don't panic! We can do this!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: First Friday of the last month of 2017

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 am

HI!!

I have an appointment for a B12 shot just before 9. I also have to stop by the pharmacy to pick up another medication for dh. I also need to get to the bank at some point. All of these are on the same street, but I need to go to the doctor appointment and then come home. Pharmacy and bank can be done later today.

I also have to wash my hair at some point. Dishes are soaking in the sink. I would really like to get them done today. Dh won't be home at lunch time and I would like to spread out some paperwork on the island and sort some of it and have it all put away before he gets home.

Dh is working tomorrow morning and he has to go "out by myself" later. He rarely goes out by himself on a Saturday, but he has also been asking, asking and asking about what I need for stocking stuffers. We discussed this over the last few weeks because I told him I don't need any more hair ties because I have over 100 still in packages. I also have 3 massive bottles of soap and who knows how many bottles of body wash/shower gel/bubble bath. I think he goes down one aisle of the store and just throws stuff into his cart just to get the job done. I would rather not have all these things, but he insists that I need a stocking for Christmas. He has already asked when are we putting up the tree and are we having outside lights this year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am

(((Nancy)))

Be good to yourself. This is the 'first' Christmas and it comes so soon after your mother died, so mixed feelings are normal and part of the grief process. Do what brings you comfort, sparks good memories and helps you heal. This year's Christmas will not be the same as last year nor will all future Christmases be like this one. This is your healing Christmas.

BTW: I am enjoying your posts about your Instant Pot adventures!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 am

Good morning!

1. I have left the bed
2. I have had my tea and chocolate
3. I have done my SAD light (first time this season.)
4. I have read the grocery sale flyers and made some notes on a list.
5. I have edited ds's contribution to the family newsletter

I still need to s2s and then have breakfast. Tonight we are going to a play. It is within walking distance so I am looking forward to the walk as well as the play.

This morning, dh plans a movie and this afternoon the plan is some time with W & R. Dh will hand in the rent cheque for me at their place.

While dh is at the movie, I'll make shortbread. Two batches.

My tummy is churning. I think it is because I don't have a good sense how this month will play out.

I have some very hard deadlines this month and I don't like those.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:11 am

Friday. I looooove Friday's. I assume this feeling of relief is ingrained in me from 35+ years of working Mon-Fri payroll job. I just know that I love Fridays!

DGD6 left at 7:30pm last night and arrive back here at 6:15am. Since DGD6 bedtime is 7pm it would be easier to let her sleep here, but I want DD to take her home each night in an effort to make DD raise DGD6. If DD asks if DGD6 can stay overnight then I always say "yes". But I keep the expectation that DD will get DGD6 and take her to their home each night.

DD has told DS9 four times that she would take him to a Christmas event (community lights, carriage ride, etc). Each of those 4 times, she reneged at the last moment. Each of those 4 times DS9 has cried in frustration and disappointment. This has prompted earnest talks with DS9 how we can still love someone but not trust them to keep their word. How letting hatred into your heart harms us more than them. Establishing a relationship with DD is not a smooth path. It is filled with potholes and stumbling blocks. But over the past 3 years, so much progress has been made. We just keep taking it one baby step at a time. DD has told DS9 she would take him and DGD6 to this Christmas event tonight. Maybe it will happen this time.

B: Scrambled eggs, English muffin, sausage, banana, grapes, cutie, milk
L: Chicken salad, grapes, celery sticks with peanut butter & raisins, chips
D: Homemade Pizza, green salad
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 am

Finished editing the family Christmas letter. Not a lot of changes. We'll make more when it is time to format for printing (it is on Google docs but that won't let us format the way we usually do.) My tummy churns at the thought of getting it and all the Christmas cards done. That's a HUGE task.

Time to get dressed and then eat breakfast. I'll flip the wall calendars while I'm at it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 am

I need to get things straightened up for the dcleaning lady first.

I have an eye appt at 11:30, and will return some jeans at the mall while I'm in that area. I try to avoid it this time of year otherwise. Tonight is dh's office Christmas party - probably heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks so it won't be late or rowdy. I need to see dmom today and set up her little Christmas tree too.

DD wants to go to dmom's house soon and get her bed, which she will hopefully use in the shared apartment with ds. I am hoping the wood itself doesn't smell too badly - mother's house smells like cigarette smoke from my dbro, and before that, like an old musty house. I hope we can go this weekend. Dh thinks I should call dbro and ask him to take it apart for us, but I don't think he can do it. He seems quite frail and unsteady.

I am hoping Harmony is back with us soon! Healing thoughts for dh's recovery.

Yesterday we got a "notice" from our homeowners assn reminding us about parking cars in the garage and not on the street. We do park one car in the garage, but with three other cars (and dh in the garage being the earliest to leave) we've had cars on the street a lot. I'm actually surprised it hasn't come up before. Thank goodness I can let them know that kids are moving out this month.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

Be good to yourself. This is the 'first' Christmas and it comes so soon after your mother died, so mixed feelings are normal and part of the grief process. Do what brings you comfort, sparks good memories and helps you heal. This year's Christmas will not be the same as last year nor will all future Christmases be like this one. This is your healing Christmas.
Ditto what Kathryn said, Nancy. Know it took me a very long time to come to terms with losing my Mom. Do be kind to yourself and let your self feel and heal.

Went to the concert last night and of course was too stimulated to sleep. On top of that was this knee being so uncomfortable. I've tried a different brace on it this morning -we'll see how this one works. I tried to stay in bed as long as I could but really wasn't sleeping -8:15.

Have taken my Thyroid med and am s2s. Now on to the rest of my morning which will hopefully include plenty of resting and heat on my knee. I don't think we have to go anywhere today (we were supposed to have breakfast with dbil/dsisil but they remembered they have a funeral later this morning). Would like to go to P ublix for some of their specials but will test my knee before trying that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 am

While I was waiting at the doctor's office I checked the times that the pharmacy and bank opened. They were both going to be opened by the time I left the doctor's office, so I went to the bank, which was is less than 1 minute north of the doctor and paid 3 bills, including the 2 cents on the credit card. :roll: Then I drove south to the pharmacy and I was walking out of the pharmacy less than 5 minutes later plus I picked out a Christmas card for dh. I just need the gift certificate to go in the card.

While I was out the dishwasher did a load of dishes and it was still going when I came back in.

Darn I feel so productive today!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:23 am

I'm dressed now. Dh is at the movie.

I checked Reddit. There were four notifications for me so I thought "Now what have I said that I got so many responses?!" One was on the SAD light, one on a cheap place to live and two were in response to something I said to a suicidal person. That person updated saying she's reached out for help IRL and has gone from wondering what the least painful of death would be to having the first steps to the plan to get her life turned around. She thanked us for not dismissing her pain of grief or her physical pain (she's ill too), instead we all said that would take time but her financial problems could go away quickly with credit counseling and then file for bankruptcy.

It is nice to hear the 'rest of the story' when contributing to an anonymous forum. The update post sounded so different from the first post.

Return to “Post When You Can”