Super Saturday?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Super Saturday?

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:08 pm

HI Cathy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Exhausted.

Went to DD's community Santa breakfast with them. Dgs did not want to meet Santa.

After I walked with dgs in the stroller for over an hour while he napped and then sat in the car with the heated seat on for another half hour. Just as my 115 minute podcast ended, dgs woke up.

I ate half my lunch in the car and then had the rest while dgs had his lunch.

Dh is working and we'll head out when he gets to a break point.

Dd got all her Christmas cookies baked while I did the walking nap. Dsil got the house ready for their Christmas open house tomorrow. So my time helped them greatly.

I just hope I have the energy to walk more tonight since I had hoped to go to our community tree lighting.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 pm

sending you restful energy d kathryn - I am so happy you were able to have time with your sweet family

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 pm

hi d harriet

hi d dee

hi d lady

hi d book

hi d austin

hi d lucy

hi d harmony

hi d anyone I missed.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:34 pm

LucyLee, our second child (a son) hardly spoke until the day after he turned 3. Evidently our eldest (dd) spoke for him. He was born June 23rd and 3 years later 2nd ds was born June 24th. My Mom stayed with the older two and he HAD to talk to make his wants known because dd and/or I weren't there to interpret for him. Then he never stopped talking. But it certainly bears watching.

I put up meds for 4 weeks for myself. Have searched and searched for the bottle of my thyroid medicine to no avail. I can only guess that they're up home. I must have a bag of 'last minute' stuff that just didn't get loaded. I've looked in every possible spot and in a ton of impossible spots. Even managed to clean our linen closet today. Notta.

We went for breakfast this morning -fairly late. I'm just now snacking on a piece of coca cola cake made by our favorite coffee shop in town. (Dh/dd got it for me last night). I split it into several pieces so don't have much at a time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:19 pm

how old is your sweet grand daughter d lucy? i will be thinking and praying for her that those who are caring for her medically keep aware of the best way to help her.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Dgd just turned 2 last week.
I did look back in my journal, which is not as detailed as you might think -- but apparently dgs said less than a dozen words at 27 months! So I guess I should be patient a while longer?
Thanks for the reassurance.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Dee, I'm glad they were able to help you get the thyroid meds early. One time I think I must have trashed some meds for my ds when I cleaned out the car, as I couldn't find them. Drugstore was kind enough to take care of replacement.

Dh dd and I have been to dmom's house - oy - to get dmom's double bed and a "hope" chest for dd for the apartment when dkids move out. I took some garbage bags and filled up several while we were there. Also pulled out some bed linens that could be donated, and some that dkids could use. Garbage bags came home with us for disposal so ds doesn't have to deal with them. I'm feeling melancholy about dismantling dmom's room/house while she's still alive, but good heavens, she had saved a lot of cards and empty boxes. :roll: I just tried to stay out of dh and dd's way, and could find things for trash bag wherever I looked. Tried to save things that "might" go in an estate sale - so hard to tell if it will come to that.

We're watching the SEC game here also.

Very true, Lucylee. I seem to remember that you were worried about him?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 pm

lucylee, db1 lacks one week being 2 years younger than me. I always spoke for him, as in he wants, etc. etc. But once he started talking, he has never shut up.

This morning the little girls had 2 basketball games, 1 at 9 and 1 at 9:45, their season is now finished. I had rode to the game with dd1. After the game, dd2 and the girls met us at the H allmark store. Dgd8 picked out an ornament. Then we all went out for Mexican food. Dgs11 had ballgames at 12 and 1. The 2nd game both teams were undefeated. For awhile we were behind and then caught up and passed them. Until 1 of our guys made a basketball at the other teams end and the other team got those points. Dgd11 teams ended up losing by 5 but they had played 2 straight games and only had 7 guys playing. The other team had 10. They are from the very small neighboring town and have the most obnoxious fans. Uuugh! Dd1 had only stayed for 1 game, so dd2 gave me a ride home and they got their ornaments.

Dd1 and I went for a short walk awhile ago. Dd2 is thinking of going to the late movie. Dh wants to see it too. So I told him if he doesn't want to go to the late movie tonight, dd1's family if going to the early evening showing Sunday or Monday night and he could sit with them. His choice.

It is suppose to be 70 tomorrow, so dh is going to smoke ribs. Might be the last 70 degree day for awhile. Have I ever mentioned that even though he is retired, dh still acts like he can only grill or smoke meat on Saturday or Sunday. Talk about set in his ways.

I finally found 6 ornaments that were not in their boxes. I must be slipping because I have never missed that many while taking down the tree. Used to I would have went back through each container to find the empty box, now I just wrap them in tissue and place them with other ornaments, to be found the next year. They were with the cars, etc. Haven't started putting them on that tree but wanted to see if that is where the missing ornaments were.

I was at dd1s house earlier and her tree had the 2 kids ornaments that I have bought them over the years. I don't know if she got rid of all the Barbie ornaments or lighted lighthouse ornaments that I bought her or not. She challenged herself during the month of November to get rid of I think it was 465 items. That is 1 for the first day, 2 for the 2nd, etc. etc. for a total of 465. She had said she was going to go through her ornaments. I guess if she got rid of them, they were hers to get rid of but still..............

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:11 pm

After getting home and putting away a few groceries, I put up the lights in the kitchen and office windows. I need to adjust the office ones and put the kitchen back together - a kitchen cart has to be moved away in order to get to the window.

Dh and I then walked to the local church courtyard for the community tree lighting. There were cupcakes, popcorn, and hot chocolate, singers, improv, and then the tree lighting. I'm cold again after standing out for another hour!

We're at the pub now for dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can”