Soup 4 Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Soup 4 Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 am

Soup 4 Sunday or what are U having?
A new spin on super Sunday dinner!
Pizza here for game day making our own 2day how about U.
I am trying to figure out what I need for an almond chicken converting almonds to peanuts because I tolerate them.
Not doing cookies this year. But I do need to make cakes for lunches for h next week, in the oven now.
Hens need fed not day lite out yet here however. X
I was up at 4 .
I need to precook meat. X

Spiffed up counters bc did not do pm routine. Moved the stuff from china hutch off the table. Moved painted rocks outside.

Tackled desk stuff yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Re: Soup 4 Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:07 am

So nice to have you start us today d Nancy - thank you!
wow 4 am! I hope you have a great day!

I also hope everyone has a wonderful day as well.

Happy Sunday!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:10 am

today:

reconcile my checking account and pay bills day
hopefully laundry continued
and holiday magic (decorating)

My week will be different as dd younger has her wisdom teeth being pulled and there is a concern on if her pain disorder will affect her head/face after this surgery as her nerve endings (the cause of her illness) will be inflamed. So keeping her in my prayers to let this be just what it is - wisdom teeth removal and nothing else.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

Thanks for opening the thread today, Nancy. Soup 4 supper does sound good.

My back is unhappy. :cry: The only thing I can figure out is that with this cold, I've been sleeping with extra pillows in order to breath, and I must have twisted oddly in my sleep. Ouchie. Luckily, I have well over 24 hours before I need to be at work, and I'm hopeful that all will be better tomorrow.

I ate a clif bar as a quick breakfast to get something in my stomach before taking naproxin sodium. That was about half an hour ago. It's starting to ease a bit but I need to give it more time before I try to finish laundry.

Hmm, I think I have a reacher thingy around here somewhere. That will help me get clothes out of the dryer.

First I need to get out of this chair. BBL.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:37 am

I hope your back starts feeling better d book!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 am

I've already planned to have chili for supper tonight, and just took ground beef out of the freezer to thaw. So it's soup here, even tho we're having mild weather - high of 65 today.

I slept in until past 9 a.m. - dh said I was coughing and clearing my throat all night. Cleaning at dmom's house really did a job on my sinuses and general runny nose.

Today I hope to get busy and get my pansies out, and do some garage clean up. I should have had the garage more cleaned up before we brought home the bed and chest for dd yesterday.

Lucylee, I think I didn't mention that dkids are moving out until it was a done deal with a lease signed. They move at the end of this month. Perhaps a little bittersweet once they're moved, but right now I am just wanting my house back. The four years they were away at college were good for me!

I need to have my brunch smoothie and walk the ddog!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Good morning!

I'm very slow moving this morning.

I have managed to put out 5 more Christmas things and put away some of the autumn table decorations. At this speed, Christmas should be up around Feb 14 (keeping in mind, I have to take the month of January off decorating because I'm away!)

Obviously, I'll speed up at some point but today is not the day.

We went to bed way too late and are paying the price now. It was a jam packed few days (hearing on Thursday, W & R here plus the play on Friday, babysitting outside with dgs on Saturday, leading to my first 15k step day in months.) Today is dd's open house in the afternoon and the carol and dessert concert this evening. We have to practice a lot more for that or just do the song singing in unison as opposed to an interesting arrangement.

My kitchen smells of crushed invasive ladybug (the orange ones not the red ones.) I've never seen one here so that's not what is causing the smell. I have no idea where to even look for the problem.

My living room lights half fell again while I was out last night and they are still up this morning so this is promising. There's a hole in the ceiling about 3" away from the window pane so I put a hook in there since tape and/or suctions cups won't work. Whoever put the holes in shifted everything 3" to the left for some reason. With curtains, I'm sure it was fine but with just the lights it looks a bit weird but I've put them up twice already and don't want to make it a daily occurrence so an out-of-line hook it is.

(((Those experiencing 'first' Christmas without...))) I teared up twice while putting things out this morning because I miss my dad. It has been 14 years. Don't think that carrying on with celebrations means you are forgetting those who are no longer with you. You won't be able to forget but you deserve to create new memories as well, so do what gives you peace. I find it odd that I don't miss my mom in the same way. I think she was internal to me, she continues to live on through my tradition making. Dad was more external, I don't do his role in the traditions, so I feel like there's a hole.

In the curling news department (you'll be getting updates all week!) Team Epping had a somewhat surprise win in their first match. They defeated the previous Olympic Gold Medal and current World Curling champs. A strong start that means absolutely nothing but is a delightful start for dh's family (his niece is engaged to the lead of Team Epping.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 pm

(((d kathryn on missing your sweet dad)))

so do what gives you peace.
so true

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:11 pm

okay fanny needs to unglue itself - dh and I talked a lot, I went through cards and did bwp
time to be productive
I said my prayers this morning
dishes were in the dw last night but are washing now
counters not stove swiped
my grocery list is completed
s2s not great but done

heading to grocery store - headache is somewhere in the back ground mmmmm

REMEMBER FOR ME: ST. NICHOLAS DAY IS WEDNESDAY
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi!

It is an absolutely gorgeous day outside here! Dh was doing stuff and encouraged me to get outside for a bit so I put the Christmas lights up across the back of the house. I'm a weirdo I guess because we use the back door to come in and out plus we can enjoy them if we happen to be out there. It takes 5 strings of icicle lights to go almost all the way across. Because we have a bungalow, no ladders were required. I just had to reach up and stretch a bit. Hopefully the birds won't be able to knock off most of the new clamps the way they destroyed the cheap ones from the last time I hung the lights 2 years ago.

We are having a roast of pork tonight with scalloped potatoes and roasted beets. Dh is cooking it all.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”