Soup 4 Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Soup 4 Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:19 pm

how wonderful that you put up your lights!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm ready to go. Dh is still sewing something. And then needs to change.

We were to have left over an hour ago. Oh well.

And he has to bring his computer because he has an online meeting at 4 p.m. He'll go up to dd's spare room and take the call.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Home from church. Sunday meal was a breeze to serve today because of yesterdays prep.

I'm in progress of uploaded several videos taken today to the church FB group.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Back from a rock drop and I stopped at the store.

I have decided I thk k I must like to cook.... :mrgreen: got chicken thighs on sale a big package of em, so have three pans cooming each with different seasonings, one in IP are depressurising they are in a fruit cake tin fits great in it next time I will put froz. Veg in another tin in woth amd cook em at the same time. The rest are jn the oven cooking the regular way then I will be putting making broth for some chicken soup.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:09 pm

I am stumped. I want to create an online "Meet your Church Family". It will have pictures of people who attend our church and their names. Obviously, this information needs to be protected from public view but easily accessed by those who are members of our Church FB group. I'm stumped with deciding the best way to accomplish this. Some of my first choices are eliminated because it will be accessed by mobile devices and/or those with very limited computer knowledge. First priority is it needs to be protected and secondly it needs to be user-friendly. putting my thinking cap on....ouch! This cap has shrunk with my limited use. :)
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 pm

I am sure there are a lot of lovely women who can help you with that here d lady. best of luck getting that together - great idea

hi cathy

hi d nancy

hi d kathryn

hi d twins child sounds wonderful

hi everyone
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm

home from grocery store and everything is on the counter
I bought a small veggie tray and I already have hummus - I think i may put on It's a wonderful life tonight.

the price of groceries today was way too much (I refilled up my baking area - everything reached it's limit this year :shock: ;) :D

I will listen to the Lux theatre radio show : miracle on 34th street while I put away groceries - I had listened to half earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9cn5tT ... ASRkpV9MI4

I don't feel like it but will put the groceries away and clean up the veggies for this week as well.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

It's that time of the year when I'm secretly glad that I'm not a football fan. The hype and stress would do me in. :) Some of my IRL friends are in a tizzy in expectation of winning the Heisman and National Championship. If our state team doesn't win them both, then they are going to be disappointed. If we win one but not the other they will be disappointed. If we win both, then they are going to be elated. I just keep wondering why get all worked up about something you have no input or control over. OBVIOUSLY, I don't understand the college football frenzy. I try to hide my nonexistent football spirit most of the time and just smile and nod. Yeah Team Rah.

I've been working on BuJo for the coming week. Weekly calendar updated. Daily pages created. Now I'm working on the menu plan for this week. My problem is WW is releasing a new plan (FreeStyle) this week but it doesn't change on my WW app until my weigh-in day (Tuesday.) So planning for Wed-Saturday using a different plan is a challenge. I think I'll do it using the old plan and adjust on the fly. That seems to be a better option than getting bogged down in the change.

This week is Christmas party #1 of the season. Let the fun begin. DS9 needs a gift to exchange. It should be easy to come up with. The guidelines are Gloves or socks filled with stocking stuffers. I think I'll solve this by sending DS9 with DH to the guy store (hardware/lumber yard). I'm sure they will come up with different stocking stuffers than I would.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm

On our way to the church now. Late.

Something has to give. Dinner. It is a 40 minute drive so I had my emergency protein bar and we ate half the grapes for the dessert tray.

BTW we got going late today so I skipped lunch in favour of snacking at the open house and then spent most of the time with a baby in my lap so the mom could enjoy a glass of wine, or walking dgs around.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

DH had soup for Sunday! I had leftover pizza... and a bunch of crackers... and pb crackers and a banana... and I'm on my second bowl of sugary cereal right now... :oops: Feeding exhaustion, I guess. I was sooo tired when I got home from church. No excuse -- just stayed up waaay too late.

DH did not enjoy the game... even less after his mistake on the interstate. Twins will recognize this road exit/split:
Coming out of Birmingham, the interstate splits. I-20 goes to Atlanta -- I-59 goes to Chattanooga. Usually, I seem to be driving when we get to this point on our journeys.
Yep. DH ended up (he said -- I'm sure * I HOPE * -- he was exaggerating *) "halfway to Chattanooga before I realized I was on the wrong road."
SMH. He was shaking his head. Said DBIL (who had offered to drive his car) was NOT happy. * sigh *
DH said DBIL "put it in his phone and we wound around on some backroads to get back to I-20.
Then of course, the game, and the 25th row was more like 75 steps, he said. Each row takes 3 steps, apparently. He did say there was a lot more leg room than in the old stadium.

And now, of course, he wants to go back for the Peach Bowl. He is going to ask for handicapped access seats, though. And that weekend, since the Peach Bowl is an 11:30 game, he wants to stay in College Town for two nights and go to basketball game there before the football game, then come home the normal (Birmingham) route.
I do not think ds/family will want to do two nights and take dgd to the game, and if we're not going home through College Town, there will be no way for either of us to stay at the condo with her. I doubt ds will want to do two nights away from home -- unless we took dgs -- which he might want to do. We'll just have to tell them and let them talk it over.

It's that time of the year when I'm secretly glad that I'm not a football fan. The hype and stress would do me in. :) Some of my IRL friends are in a tizzy in expectation of winning the Heisman and National Championship. If our state team doesn't win them both, then they are going to be disappointed. If we win one but not the other they will be disappointed. If we win both, then they are going to be elated. I just keep wondering why get all worked up about something you have no input or control over. OBVIOUSLY, I don't understand the college football frenzy. I try to hide my nonexistent football spirit most of the time and just smile and nod. Yeah Team Rah.

Good for you, LadyM. You are soooo right. None of these fans have anything to do with any of this.
Although dh would say our crowd noise really does have something to do with wins like we had over our last two big rivals (and likely other teams would agree.) But OTOH... not one. single. thing. we can do to keep our coach. If the other school offers him twice as much money, which appears to be the case, he will just be on the road... SIGH. I would hate to lose him.

DGS just called to say, "When are you coming to pick me up?" When I asked if he wanted to go to Wmart with us, he said, "Sure!"
I promise y'all, there is not much of a bad mood that hearing that sweet voice can't improve.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”