MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:09 am

What (besides the bed) have you got to 'make' today? My first priority (after s2s & meds) is to get the bean soup started. DD was simmering ham & bone last night. Told her we'd finish makin' it this morning and add the beans and veggies. It was sure smelling good last night just with the ham, water and onion simmering!

Couldn't get comfortable last night (with my knee). Finally came out to the office chair and closed my eyes. Almost fell asleep sitting up -wouldn't have been pretty to fall forward for sure! Went back to bed and I think I slept till 5:30. Got up for a potty break and went back to sleep till nearly 7:30.

Harmony, it sure is good to see you back here. You've been missed. Hoping improved health for Mr. Harmony.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Re: MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am

I’m up early again. Just dropped dgs off at school, and I have a 30 min wait till I can complete errands... nothing is open yet!
— oil change
— bank
— drug store
— grocery store
— post office

I also need to make a call for dh, to see if he can request handicapped access for ballgame.
I know I’ll Ned a nap in a bit! I got about 3 hrs sleep! But I am s2s, at least.
I don’t know if I’m picking up dgs after school or if ds/ddil/dgd will be home by then. Today was her first appt with the gasrto-doctor.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:54 am

LucyLee, just an idle question. Do you have a handicap tag (for the car) for your dh? It's really simple to get one. I just had to pick up a form from my Dr. and submit at the town office. Not sure how your state works. But I'm sure there are times (if you don't already have one) that it would be good for your dh. Just figured you needed something else to think about -like you don't have enough on your plate. :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am

Thank goodness we're makin' it. Day by day, chore by chore.

This morning after dailies I got a packet together for DH to take to county office. We're slowly rebuilding our bookmarks that we lost. DH had a fit when he realized they were all gone. Well, they're in a file but I can't seem to get that file to input into the program. Probably doing something wrong. Anyway, we are getting there.

Thinking about what I want to do today. Actually have no plan. Oh, some things at my desk to do. Change sheets. Call DD. Set up appointment. Better do that first.

Love how smoothly this computer operates. We don't always know how to do things, but at least we know the basics and can get to the couple important things that keep us perking along. I can finally say we've caught up with some of this technology. Still have no smart phone. Saw an interview yesterday on TV. Guess who doesn't have a smart phone: Warren Buffet! (Course he probably has a raft of people around him with theirs to tell him things). :lol:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 am

LOL, Dee! (Something else to think about!) Yes — we do have a handicap hangtag for the car. It has come in handy! Dh said surely if he tells the ticket people he had that, they will give him handicap access seats. For home games, we don’t need them. Our season tickets are only about six rows down from the entrance. But I’m away games, we never know where they will put us!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 am

Hmmmm, Making it.

I've made up my list for the month, week and day. Dh wanted me to go to a movie but I've declined.

I'm still recovering from yesterday. I ate dinner at 8:20 at a Subway which was closing (so, in other words, stuffed my face, rather than enjoyed a meal since they were literally mopping the floor around me and I had to take the chair off the table in order to have a place to sit.) Dh went and picked up his Chinese and I was done eating by the time he returned.

Went to bed the instant I got home since my blood sugar had not yet recovered (I was literally holding onto the case at Subway because I was unsteady on my feet.)

We performed 3rd at the concert so I was still fine at that point (the protein bar was holding me up.) I faded throughout the rest of the concert but that was OK because I wasn't even in the choir so could slump into my seat although I couldn't really sing lustily at the end which was a shame because I love singing the carols with a large crowd.

Dh came to bed an hour after me but I didn't bother to look at the clock. He had a 4 a.m. call and came back at 5. I knew he came and went but I didn't wake up until after 6.

I've done my SAD light and my planning for the day and have a very long list of 11 items, most of which are multi-step tasks. I guess that represents 10 hours of work.

And s2s and breakfast are not on the list so I'll do that now.

Harmony, an alternative to a smart phone is a cheap tablet. Apps run on those so you get the benefit of apps (which I really like) and internet/email (indispensable) when away from home. You can either get a data plan for a tablet that takes a SIM (more expensive), or you can just use the free wifi that is almost everywhere when you are away from home.

Mine is only 7" screen and will fit in my purse or even a couple of my sweaters that have big pockets. It is now over 3 years old and dying. Despite my great new phone, I will replace it when it dies because I use it so much.

The larger size makes it much easier to use than a smart phone. Your fingers don't hit multiple things at once and you can see more of a screen at a time.

It can stay in the truck when your dh is working so not likely to get damaged as a phone might. If you were using Google docs or Dropbox, your dh would be able to pull up contracts or other documents and look at them while away from home.

Cost-wise it is way cheaper than a good smart phone (both hardware and the monthly cost.) So if you think you are missing out on something since you don't have smart phone, you can ask me more questions about this.

My new smart-phone was about $400 including case and is larger so it is half-way between my tablet and my old smaller super cheap phone. I find I'm leaving my tablet at home more often now because my new phone does more than my old one. But, as I said, I would still replace the tablet when it dies.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:46 am

When you say "tablet", Kathryn, do you mean like an I p a d? I keep wondering about getting one to use when I'm out and about and connected to Wi-Fi. (Hmmm....Wi-Fi evidently is now a bonafide word as it self corrected as such).

Really came back to say how much I love this place! I need to hem a pair of slacks (which I bought 2 years ago!!!) I remembered Harriet talking about an easy method and searched and wallah (Oct '15 btw). Have put that task on my "anti-procrastination" list. Also have put mending our bed cover quilt in a few places. The next 'trick' is to actually do the anti-procrastination 'thing'. It's a retail cover and they obviously scrimped on fabric when they were piecing and of course the stitching is pulled out and there's no hem. I love this cover on our bed and want it to last a few years. I actually have the pillow shams to match. AND somehow I guess they got left behind in NY. I suspect there's a whole bag of last minute things as I'm missing a few other things. Want dh to look to see if it's possibly in dd's motorhome. I put a few pieces over there out of the way toward October. Thought I had them all, but evidently not.

Still haven't found my bottle of thyroid medicine. Called E xpress Scripts Saturday and they very nicely walked me through getting an 'emergency' early refill -it's not due to be filled until January 4, 2018. Should be here by the end of the week. I'm already making a list of things to bring down with me next Fall. I have a nice lamp (small) that I love but never turn on up home. It would go very nicely on our bathroom counter and I could leave it on all the time so we have light during the day (and night). Have a small night light going but it's not really enough to dispel the darkness.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:52 am

Sleep was so delayed last night I got up to take Tmeds @ 4.30, then hope for a little sleep before I need to get up to go.
Super High tide meant we had a different river cruise as the boat was unable to fit under the bridge for the booked journey. River mouth, both sides of some islands, and up stream. We were confused as to where we really were upstream, until we got to turn around at the glamping place. A different view of that..
Nice folk, easy to talk to so that was a relief. I'd realised I'd forgotten all but the couple who took me from that 40+ year ago club. One thought she remembered me. Many were older, so would have left before my year or two with that group.
There was some luncheon things I could eat so that was a relief also. Spicy meats but hopefully I cope with that. I was glad I'd taken a my seedy GFDF additive free bread. It helps with the spicy. Not eating potato or gravy makes a difference too.
Rainy day views. I disputed others heavy rain call, not that I'd want to walk too long in it.
On way home I invited myself to see where another woman in the car lived, retirement community. Embarrassingly, it turned into afternoon tea after the home tour. High end village, not what I could afford. Very nice though. Beautiful garden patio too, on edge of a rain forest. I've been online to check ...above $460000, and find there really was a bus <240 meters away. ( I might pass that info on via driving friend.)And stores of various types nearby too. traffic would give me the .....
home for a nap.
Its late again. Too long poking around at retirement villages online. Hoping I sleep tonight without the worry of today.

waving to all. Wishing for you, a good day. hugs and prayers.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:53 am

Good gracious.
I did the oil change and bank — still 30 min till drug store opens, mail is delivered at post office, and I want ice cream from the grocery store so it has to be last... so I went to S onic for French toast, which I have been craving.
Now, it’s not even 9:00 am and I’ve already got syrup dribbles on my shirt.
Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am

good morning and good evening to our sweet SHE's in Australia!

good morning d dee!

good morning d lucy!

good morning d harmony! thank you - also I will be thinking of you on thursday as well for your dentist appointment

good morning d kathryn

sweet dreams d lynn

and to all coming to the village - have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”