MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

Postby BookSaver » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Checking in.
My back was so bad first thing this morning that I seriously considered calling the boss to say I couldn't work my shift. I held off, though, because I knew it would make them really short-handed. I moved very slowly all morning and held onto the walls in the stairwells. I carefully took a shower but I had to let my legs air dry. I made the decision at 11:15 that if I could drive to work, I'd stay as long as I could stand it. I took my reachy-grabby-gadget with me in case I dropped my car keys because I knew there was no way to bend over to pick up something from the ground. I did not put anything away on the bottom book shelves. I spaced out the ibuprofin, did not bend over the counter, didn't lift anything heavier than a stack of 6 books ... and it wasn't too bad. We'll see how much I have to pay for it tomorrow.

I have a craving for vegetable soup but don't have any cans of that. I'm cooking a potato with some baby carrots and a can of peas. I may or may not throw in a little cheese. Feels a little like I'm on WWII rations but it will be good enough for tonight.

The books we loaned out today are due back in 3 weeks, which will be December 26th. That's after Christmas!! If that isn't enough to make a person panic, I don't know what will. I need to figure out what to wear to the family party on Christmas Eve. I need to figure out what food to take for supper. I need to sew sew sew!

Return to “Post When You Can”