MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: MONDAY 'MAKIN' IT'

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi everyone!!

Today I made time for friends and conversations. I didn't stitch a single stitch at knitting, but I talked to almost everyone in the group about something.

I finished that penguin on the blanket last night before I went to bed, which is good because I overslept this morning and got out of the door just after 9.

This afternoon, while I am on the computer, I am making braised beef ribs. We will have the leftover scalloped potatoes from last night. There are carrots in with the ribs, so that can be my vegetable.

More in J&C.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Cathy!!!

I haven't made anything today - but I did finish a christmas present.

right now (looking at my house) I have hot spots of clutter in each room and hallway that need managing.
I have to make the compound better and freeze it (I did buy 2 quarts of chicken soup for dd younger for the next couple of days) and sandwiches for dd and dh for tonight while I have fish).

Felt a little guilty because I bought the last small gingerbread christmas trees for Wednesday St. Nicholaus day and then the woman behind me asked if there were more (older woman) - I did apologize for taking them and she said she will go there again soon as they have them during the holiday. If I didn't live so far away from this place I would have given it to her. I did feel bad but I will say I was going to order the last apple muffins and she got those before I did so I shouldn't feel so bad I guess ;) :D

I still have apples - make simple tarte
and one or two apple breads

make the cabbage for fridge (trying to make veggies ahead so if I get the munchies I have something to eat.

ready to sing: I am managing and rounding up my clutter
Lyrics
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide
Through rain and wind and weather
Heck bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side
All the things I'm missin'
Good vittles, love and kissing' (not sure if I will make good vittles)
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em (my laundry)
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waitin' at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Rawhide

d harriet - thinking of you !
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:32 pm

finished emptying dw, filled with lunch and breakfast dishes, swiped counters, swiped sink, put Monday whites in washer

Next area/job: Monday is laundry room and laundry :evil: why I make this job so hard... change the attitude : still a growl
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Kinda funny to see this so soon after seeing DBro post the same words on his FB page. He posted it along with a picture of 6 semi trucks waiting in line for them to load cattle.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Rollin rollin rollin right along.

I have s2s after bwp home blessing half hour t did some ladt nite. Did 30 on the ex. Bike too. Peeled eggs. The dog got out but just sat on the lawn chair out front and came right in I am relieved she stayed home. :mrgreen:

I am thinking of stuffed spaghetti squash this week with tky and hb meat.

Walked the dog half our regular walk today.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:03 pm

:D

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm

I haven't gotten to the garage but I did spend awhile upstairs with dd going through the boxes that she has stored upstairs. Most of this stuff came home from school with her almost two years ago but she has intermittently pawed through them. We have a big stack of linens and a big comforter to wash. We have a big box of stuff to donate and we have approximately three garbage bags of trash, so far. The upstairs bonus room is trashed - it was already a mess with dkids clutter everywhere and it's far worse now. I put some empty boxes back into the storage area upstairs to get them out of the way. We might need the boxes for the move.

Now I'm feeling twitchy about the mess. The garbage runs tomorrow and the bin is packed full right now because of the stuff we brought home from mother's house. And I know I'm likely to be the person who has to do the Goodwill runs too.

Meanwhile, I have the online discussion in a little less than an hour. Remembered that I need to run to the vet for ddog meds too, so will have to move dd's car.

bw2, pansies here will winter over and bloom during warm periods and look good in the spring. The high today is mid 60s and the sun feels warm.

Needing to get busy again. Just had my lunch:
-go to vet's office
-reboot laundry
-finish folding laundry from earlier

rollin' rollin' rollin
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm

I was actually thinking about it. Really, I don't want to be on the internet while I'm out. I like to get my stuff done and get back home. I don't sit around in restaurants or parks, etc. I'm actually too nervous in the car watching the traffic if someone else is driving.
Harmony, are you SURE we're not twins?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:53 pm

That's so cool d twins!!! You won't believe it but here is 6 - tomorrow it goes down again to 30's - I want snow and usually by now we have snow - My brother was supposed to go to Colorado skiing but will have to cancel his trip. Hope you have a great day

hi d dee!

hi d nancy!

laundry room: done :D
outside of washer and dryer windex-ed and wipe
swiped walls with swiffer rinse pad to make it look spiffy
washed the floors after vacuuming
dusted shelves (after January I need to empty the shelves and dejunk them as well as wash them)

Laundry: white laundry drying, blanket washing
folded two loads of laundry and they are on the bottom of the stairs ready to be put away upstairs
Next laundry wash: darks and fold whites

dining room - dh put laundry on two chairs which I need to fold :D
manage clutter in the dining room :D
surface vacuum, swiffer dust, swiffer rinsed :D
dusted top of hutch/buffet :D

clean outside of cat litters :D

Next
manage clutter in front hall as it is building with clean laundry
vacuum and swiffer rinse or wash by hand (depending how long it will take to put laundry away)

kitchen dailies
make the cabbage

a little Christmas decorating
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm

School is finished for the day. All in all it went well. However there was about 2 seconds that I am not pleased with how I responded to DS9 antics. I got flustered and frustrated with DS9 and I didn't have a plan in place to implement when that particular challenge happens. In frustration I lashed out at DS9 and hit him with my hand (fingertips). I wish I could take those 2 seconds back. It was NOT my finest moment.

Yesterday at church a woman I rarely interact with stopped me and said "I saw how you treated J at WalMart. I just wanted to tell you Thank You for treating J so kindly". Last week J saw me in WM and ran to give me a hug. I hugged her back and asked how her day was going. The whole interaction between J and me only lasted about a minute then J returned to her foster Mom. ANYway this conversation with the Foster Mom lead to a long talk between us about how challenging it is to deal with children with ADHD and ODD. J and DS9 are both 9 years old and they both were exposed to drugs during pregnancy. It was a strange conversation in that the Foster Mom and myself don't know each other well, but we found ourselves finishing each other sentences as we discussed how DS9 and J act. Both of us are in our 60's raising children that have challenges that we struggle to deal with. Both of us have felt the pressure to "make your children mind better". Only people who have dealt with an ODD child would understand how difficult that is sometimes. It isn't a matter of disciplining them. If it was only that simple……

DS9 doctor appt went well. They briefly discussed how sugar affects the brain. She hasn't told him to not eat sugar…..yet. So far his only "homework" from her is to investigate foods that contain food dye and find replacements for them. I am glad she is encouraging DS9 to implement one good habit before moving on to the next.

DGD6 had a leg ache when she came home from school. I gave her some Children Advil and a bottle of water. Both kids are now outside playing. It is a beautiful day in the mid 70's.

Dinner is going to be Hot Dogs and chili. I'm having turkey hot dogs because they are 1/2 the calories. I found Nathan Hot Dogs that have no food dye in them. I made chili from scratch so I know it is okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”