Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Waiting at the ob-gyn office. I will be much better when this is over. I despise this yearly appt...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 pm

((((Lucylee)))) I sailed through my mammogram effortlessly this year. Not sure why.

Another grrrrr: Dd has a cool tripod device. I wanted one and asked for it for Christmas. She suggested I buy it myself and then we'll consider that we each gave the other one for Christmas. Sigh... our family sucks at gift giving. Anyway, hers doesn't quite fit my phone. Plus it doesn't seem to be available and the ones that are by the same manufacturer and 3x what she paid. Another brand has one that will fit dh and my phone but gets bad reviews for breaking. So I don't know what to do. I'd love to have it for this upcoming trip. If I wait for the Boxing Day sales, I'm only allowing 3 days for delivery which won't be enough.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:18 pm

It will be over soon d lucy (())) i dislike those as well.

sorry that the gift Idea for yourself is not working out d kathyryn - I hope you are able to figure something out and it is not crazy expensive

cheering you on as you get rid of the things on your list d nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

The dark day continues. I moved a plant from my plant stand and discovered moisture has discoloured and split the top. This is a mahogany stand made by my grandfather that was almost pristine a year ago. It isn't a matter of refinishing the top because the wood is now split. That brought me to tears.

I've moved the sheet music cabinet (also made by my grandfather from the same log as the plant stand) to open up the space for the tree.

I'm only half-way through one of the boxes of decorations. I'm very slow moving today.

In curling news, Team Epping is now second last in the tournament. The last team is plays tonight. If they win, then my team will be tied for last. Tomorrow's game is in the afternoon.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:22 pm

I need to sew sew sew!

Now, see.. ... I was feeling so concerned for BookSaver, and worried about her pain level and then she posts something like that.

Well, I'm just jealous jealous jealous. And "need"? I need to find time time time.

Feel better!

I haven't been posting because I've been pouring time into the study I led today. It went so well, wrapping up our 2017 emphasis. It was an emotional topic today and at one point I teared up slightly :cry: but recovered. It was very well received with glowing complements that I felt went over the top, really. Although I do want everyone to see the significance and meaning - complements were more about my delivery and clear speaking, holding attention. Maybe that's why I messed up, so that against my will ( smile ) the meaning could come home more than people just thinking I did well. Maybe they'll remember 'and then Harriet started crying and got embarrassed! Oh, yeah... ...I remember what that part was about'.

A sort of meeting followed, insofar as plans we make for coming year, a plan for collecting for a certain offering from our group - just general things. but also questions came up about 'why can't I find this or that in the church anymore', 'why did this or that happen'. It went sour fast with faction and frustration about the church (we are not specifically a study for members, but naturally the majority are, since our church gives the space). I was able to steer things back a few times (I'm not "leading" at that point anyway) but it got tense. After a few left the mood changed and before we actually parted ways it was very loving.

I'm off to find a tree, I think. This weather ain't gettin' any better than this.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:01 pm

oh dearest kathryn I am so so sorry that happened - still though contact a furniture repair person; I am wondering if using steam and special glue can fix it (by a professional).

I love your wit d harriet! so happy your study went well! great job! oh I honestly don't think they will remember embarrassment but more how touched they and you were to make you tear up! Re the meeting after the talk - many people complain but normally don't come in to volunteer to help. If they want to change things or make it better they need to speak up to powers that be - if it is male dominated then they need to speak up and have support from their families only if they are willing to help and participate. There are always those who speak negatively when others do the work. For some it is there nature unfortunately - so happy the complainers left and the warm and loving sharing could take place before leaving the meeting.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Today has progressed smoothly. I made my mind up early this morning how I was going to react to DS9 when he talked back, didn't listen and/or ignored instructions. Having a planned response has made all the difference. Instead of reacting emotionally I went into my predetermined mode. I used a carrot approach mostly. Not bribery. Just mixing up the homeschool lessons with something he likes to do.

Something has changed with DS9 Math abilities I noticed it yesterday but I thought it was just a bad day. But it happened again today. I am stumped. DS9 has conquered multiple digit Addition and Subtraction. We do review problems daily just to keep it fresh. However, all of a sudden he can't remember how to add and subtract multiple digits. It is as if someone turned a switch and those Math skills just disappeared. I couldn't understand why he was all of a sudden missing every problem so I had him talk me through each step of solving a problem so I could understand what he was doing and he is borrowing AND carrying at the same time. ARGH. So......we are going to drop back and do some 2nd-grade work to get this Math skill back in place.

Today I started the new WW plan (FreeStyle) and I am pleasantly surprised how easy it is. As long as I am choosing healthy options, then it is easy to do. On the downside.....I lost about 25% of my daily points. Instead of 30 SmartPoints of food each day now I only get 23 SmartPoints. So that means I get to select about 800 calories of food each day that isn't on the healthiest foods list. I can eat the 200 healthiest food for "free" without tracking. Basically, the new WW plan is..... learn to eat healthy foods or starve. And now the plan includes roll-over points! That's a new option that we didn't have before.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:25 pm

I found and brought our tree home :) , found HRH home too, and he and I got it in the stand and watered right away! Hurray! also positioned correctly at the window, ( after HRH moved it to suit me a few times). :lol:

Kathryn, somehow I missed your post above mine and I'm so sorry. I do wonder along with blessed (without advantage of seeing as you can, of course) what a really good furniture repair person would say?

blessed, thank you. It actually is the hard-working long time volunteers in regular attendance, though, who are complaining about more surprises. Yes, some do need to find their voices and say what they mean to say to the powers that (think they) be. The one who left earliest, allowing things to calm down, had been arguing that we have to be submissive and accepting of whatever happens. That wasn't going over well, to say the least, as people looked around today seeing more and more changes.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:31 pm

DH took DS9 to his speech appt in town so I have had a couple hours of quiet time to myself. During this time I have -
** Used food processor to "rice" a huge head of cauliflower. I made about half of it into Mexican Rice by adding to a pan of sauteed onions, garlic, green chilis, celery, Rotel and carrots. I was pleasantly suprised how well it turned out. I put the other 1/2 of the head of cauliflower into portion size and froze them. They will be easy to pull out of the freezer and add to soup or casserole.
** Prep'd tonights meal. I won't eat until late (7pm) when I get home from WW and DMom's. When I arrive home hungry that late at night I need something ready to eat. I am not a patient person when I am hungry!

This morning I was able to get a few projects done in between other things.
** Finished straightening up the attic. It was a mess from when we had a water leak. I purposely left everything out of place to make sure it was totally dry. Today I put all the insulation in place and removed the fans.
** sorted and organized dominos. We used to have 4 good sets of dominos. Guess what happens when you let the kids play with them? They get mixed up and some are missing. I was able to pull together one complete set. I will let them continue to play with the other partial sets of dominos. They like to build things using the dominos because they are fun to knock down and see the rows of dominos fall over.
** Put new batteries in multiple timers. I am a timer addict and have several of them. DS9 uses them frequently too.

DGS21 dropped by at lunch today.

Alarm just went off to pick up DGD6 from school. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Back from town did errands, knitting group was small 4 there but a great size for our location. Groc. Store run done, rock drop done. Hens are out for their free range time now. I found a mag. For I P recipies cooking.

Return to “Post When You Can”