Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:40 pm

hi d nancy glad you were able to have your knitting group even if it was small!

hi d lady so happy your d grandson stopped by! I wonder what happened that he forgot the lessons. So frustrating for him I am sure! Wonderful on loving the new WW's program

happy holiday feelings! Yay you got your tree d Harriet!!!

I can imagine that not going over well! so hard - I am glad it became more loving and peaceful when she left - it's hard because everyone has their own opinions but some insist that everyone follow theirs. (she probably doesn't see her actions can be hard on others)

I may or may not be back tonight :D
My last load of laundry is in the dryer - I have lots of laundry to wash but not tonight

Tomorrow is St. Nicholas day and I am not ready for it. We may have to push it to tomorrow night.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

I read, "when you let the kids play they get mixed up and some are missing". :shock: I thought, yes, that's been my experience too, but the missing ones usually show up when they get hungry.

All I've done is making taco supper. Don't have a "TaDa" to speak of, really, but since I got so much done today in other ways, I'm pleased.

A delivery from the crazy-making service (which ds explained more fully to me the other day), but the nice young man who CAN find our house says to me he's sorry, but doesn't think this is the package I've been waiting for. I agreed with him. (We already had an email telling us that that package has been deemed lost.) We both said, in HRH's presence, "no this is not the one we're looking for". Yet... it was the one, 7 days late. It was - get this - the Star Wars Droid models HRH ordered for the older grandboys. So HRH was laughing and laughing. He kept saying, "~~~~These aren't the droids you're looking for~~~~" and wiggling his fingers in the air. :| I will probably have to hear this story many times.

Ds has an A-river warehouse near his fire dept so has learned some things from the community/municipality there. He says that A-river's new concept called flex is like U ber. Any person with a vehicle that meets requirements can show up and ask to deliver a certain "block" (not meaning city block, but square of packages on a pallet, for a certain area). The pallet is ready for that person to load, be responsible for, and return items if necessary. Then A-river, having gotten the pallet ready, has no more work hours involved. The drivers are independent contractors, as if you hired a different, private person each time to cut your lawn. And they don't have to come back to work another day until it is convenient for them. For tax time, that person needs to save up to pay, then, since A-river will have reported their paychecks, but nothing was withheld yet. So there is rapid turnover of applicants once people figure out that with their fuel, and upkeep of a vehicle that will meet requirements, and saving for tax time, there's just not much money to be made. There is no telling how many different vehicles, how many different people, may be delivering to a certain house over time. You may see some only once.

Ds also says that A-river's business now represents 43 percent of online commerce. Not just 43 percent of some certain kind of goods, 43 percent of commerce, and growing. (A city manager told him)

I need to get busy. next up, some Desk Day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm

the missing ones usually show up when they get hungry.

LOL! So true!

Our A-river deliveries difficulty has smoothed out. They have returned to using Fed-Ex for many of the deliveries, but the USPS person still delivers some of them along with our regular mail.

I recently signed up for USPS informed delivery. WOW! They send email with scans of mail being sent to me. It seems a good way to know if something is stolen from your mailbox. I'm sure there are more uses for it.

WW meeting was interesting. Although most were eager to get started on new WW plan, there were several members who do NOT like change and were angry. I lost at the scales (-.6) I'm still in the race to be the slowest loser.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 pm

I also signed up for the 'informed delivery', LadyM. I really like it, except I've noticed that since we have mail forwarding it only shows precious few. Mostly it will say they don't have an image for. So it must have something to do with the forwarding.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:58 pm

LOL Harriet / LadyM! My experience is that the lost ones begin hovering about when they get hungry!

Kathryn, wood does not like moisture unless it is sealed and sometimes resealed. You sound like you need a smile. Here's one:

Years ago, DH and I went to a model home show and one house had a bidet. I know what a bidet does but I'd never seen one up close. Spied the faucet and handle and said "what does this do" while peering down at it. Turned the handle and up it shot right at my head, streaming down my face. I was embarrassed as was DH. I guess if one isn't sitting there, the water just goes up like a fountain! Slinked away and dried my face...glad no one else saw.... Thought about that when you mentioned the seat! :lol:

Oh, about screen addiction: in my A ARP magazine today: a picture of a busy city street with everybody walking along looking down into their phones. Caption: A life defined by fragmented attention can produce exhaustion and anxiety. Yep!

We were up early and out of here for DH's MRI. Waited from 7:45 to 9:00 to be seen since their internet was out and they were "doing everything by hand". Must be slow writers.

I was tired and needed a couple naps today. Did clean master bedroom and watered the front lawn and new bushes. Cooked a nice dinner. Talked with phone co. repairman who fixed our phone box outside and found a bad cable from the substation to the phone office, so he hooked us up on a different wire and connected at the office. No more awful noise on the phone line, YAY! And he said it was eating half our internet speed. This thing is amazing now.

Maybe I will be more productive tomorrow. I was really bushed today.

Booksaver, ouch ouch. I hope you try to take it easy till your back feels better.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 pm

I need to sew sew sew!

Now, see.. ... I was feeling so concerned for BookSaver, and worried about her pain level and then she posts something like that.

Well, I'm just jealous jealous jealous. And "need"? I need to find time time time.

Feel better!

Dear Harriet, I think you missed the part about panic because I NEED to sew and yet somehow cannot get to the machine! NEED because every gift I planned involves sewing and I thought I was doing well because I purchased all the fabric in plenty of time. Unfortunately, I have not been able to sew a single stitch, and now we're only 2 weeks away from delivery date for coworker gifts. :shock: I had wanted to relax and enjoy the process of sewing the gifts. Now I'll be glad to get them done with a few minutes to spare for wrapping.

My back has improved a little today. I'm going to try to sit at the machine tonight long enough to mend 2 knit tops for my oldest sister, because I want to give them back to her this Friday.

Today was a rest day. Working very slowly, I was able to catch up the dishes, return phone calls and emails, and do 2 loads of laundry. I went to the post office to mail payments but I used the drive-up box rather than going in because I didn't bother to put on any makeup. I tried a new recipe for lemon & garlic chicken in the crock pot that turned out ok with side dishes of rice and green beans.

Tomorrow I need to run errands. I've decided what to take to family for Christmas Eve supper but I need to buy ingredients. I also realized that I still need to buy little things to go with the main Christmas gifts. I sincerely do not want to set foot in any stores the week before Christmas, but I'm beginning to doubt my ability to be that well prepared.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm

Booksaver, ouch ouch. I hope you try to take it easy till your back feels better.

Thanks, Harmony. My back is following a pattern that first thing in the morning it's so bad that I worry about whether or not I can get out of bed and walk to the bathroom -- but by afternoon it is better enough to function as long as I move slowly. I'm grateful that it isn't worse. I know that you and others here currently have or have had worse pain and I don't know how you get anything done.

I'm sorry I'm complaining so much and being such a wimp. Mostly I'm trying to document this to help me remember the sequence in case it comes back another time.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Hello! Yes, I survived the doctor's appt. He did not fuss about my weight. I kinda nipped that in the bud ;) by telling him before we even got started that this past year has been... @$#!+^&!@$#+)( ... well, I just said it had been stressful. DH's health... dgd's health... worries about dgs/autism/adjusting to school...
(DH says he wishes I would QUIT saying he has autism. DH can NOT believe there is "anything wrong with him." And it's not that there IS anything WRONG with him -- but I do believe the diagnosis b/c it explains some of his behavior so well. DH just doesn't believe in all this "labeling" we do with kids these days, and actually, both my doctor today and dgs's pediatrician agree with that viewpoint, that there is a rush to "label" everyone in schools today.)

Well, anyway, for some reason, fortunately, the exam was not as uncomfortable as it was last year. I remember it being somewhat painful last year. It was just moderately uncomfortable this time, and over with very quickly. I have mammogram orders, but will likely wait till summer to do that. I have a routine of doing that every other year, and it is usually summer time when I do -- b/c I realize the ob-gyn will be asking about it when I make my appt in the fall.
Come to think of it, he DIDN'T even mention it today. His nurse asked if I needed orders, and I said yes, knowing I had skipped this year, but he never mentioned it at all. Hmmm.

Then I went shopping. A messy, rainy day for shopping, but I did most of it in the mall. I still need to order a few things, and I am still stumped on a few things, but I may co-op dbil and dnephew to dh's efforts tomorrow.
My brother wants to forego gift giving among the 25-66 yr old set in our group. We agreed we would all buy gifts for dmom and dbro says he & his girlfriend will have gifts for the dgrands, but he says they are strapped for cash, and I know ds, ddil, and dh and I will be happy to save what we can there, too.

I have been home for awhile, unloaded the car, cooked supper, and then dh wanted dgs to come back over. DH fears he hurt dgs's feelings or upset him last night, in the midst of dh & my arguing (not about dgs! just in general -- see J&C). So I went to get dgs and the two of them looked at old coins and football cards for an hour or so. I just took dgs home again.
They are leaving Thursday to celebrate Christmas early with ddil's extended family, and dh realized he wouldn't see dgs again until at least Monday.
I will have dgd here from about 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, and dgs after school, until ddil gets in from her class tomorrow night. So... a long day of togetherness for me with the two of them.

I am wondering about FedEx. Do they drop off at the post office now? I know sometimes UPS does that. I have a package on its way via FedEx, but they do not have my physical address, only the post office box. Surely they have realized that and would have corrected it by now if necessary.
Usually, when shipping, I put both addresses to be safe.

I am so excited about a gift I got in today. I may have told y'all already. Cutting boards with dmil's sugar cookie recipe engraved in them, scanned from her actual recipe card. I think dniece, dnephew, and ds will really treasure them. I hope so anyway.

I read, "when you let the kids play they get mixed up and some are missing". :shock: I thought, yes, that's been my experience too, but the missing ones usually show up when they get hungry.

:lol: I needed that LOL, Harriet! Thanks!

The bidet story made me LOL, too, Harmony!

Oh -- I don't think becoming emotional is the same thing as "messing up," Harriet. I'm sure many of them could relate to the same feelings.

Sending good wishes that ds9 gets back on track easily with his math, LadyM!

I definitely spend too much time staring at my screen. I want to break that addiction and read more real, paper books. And magazines! I have such a pile of magazines on my nightstand. So many habits I need to work on... * That should be a page in my (kinda nonexistent) bullet journal: Habits I Need to Establish. * Daily walking/exercise * No internet before Bible reading in the morning * No internet before sleep at night *
... Not to mention following the plan -- WHB, Zones, etc.

Sending lots of (((hugs))) and prayers for relief from back pain, BookSaver.

Sorry I'm so far behind, and missing replies I'm sure I would like to make to so many of you, but I really need to get out of this chair and clear off the bed, where I piled all the presents purchased today. I must look back and see what the furniture problem is that Kathryn is having.

Furniture problems make me miss my ddad so much. I hope that doesn't sound superficial. He was just sooo good with things like that. DS & DDIL have two sets of kitchen chairs that need work, and it's hard to find people to do a good job for a reasonable price. It would be such a small matter for my ddad if he were living. Today would have been his 78th birthday. That just seems impossible to me.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm

https://www.home-storage-solutions-101.com/support-files/52-week-organized-home-list-2018.pdf

I just printed out this 52 week list from Household Management 101. Wonder if I would follow it any better than I do my zone cards?
There is also a daily challenge on this website.

Hmmm... I feel sorta like a heretic (is that the word I'm looking for?) to abandon my zone cards... but OTOH, I hardly think they'd notice. It's not like we've been close friends all this time. I think this system would get you through the whole house in a year, but it would only hit each area/room ONCE during the year. So maybe one needs to keep the zones in the background as well... for a little extra attention during the WHB hour, maybe, to make sure spiderwebs and dust bunnies don't completely take over one's back half of the house? Maybe that's just me...
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 pm

This site ^^^ is basically the same as F lylady or P&P, etc. I guess you just can't re-invent the wheel. * sigh *
I wish someone WOULD. I wish someone would invent SOMETHING that would motivate me, energize me, and keep me on track.
* sigh *

I guess I owe y'all a SHEM now, right?

Here you go:
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Tomorrow, I will strive to begin planing a good crop.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”