Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 am

We're rollin' rollin' rollin' through our week, the month of December and the last of 2017. What can you roll through today to make your life better?

bw2 started this yesterday.....

Lyrics
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide

Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide
Through rain and wind and weather
Heck bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side
All the things I'm missin'
Good vittles, love and kissing' (not sure if I will make good vittles)
Are waiting at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em (my laundry)
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waitin' at the end of my ride

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Rawhide
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am

Great minds think alike, Twins. I was thinking of that yesterday too.

I'm now on a 'roll'. Called my Dr's office up home to order an emergency refill of my thyroid med (14 days). I do have a new script coming from X press scripts but not sure when it'll reach me.

Have a LOL going -I was plumb out of socks. So I'm in my slippers for the moment (and it's so hard for me to walk in slippers).

Had an "eh" night of sleep. Was up for a couple of hours in the middle. Then I slept till 5 or so. Got up at 7 & took my T-med and went back to bed for almost an hour.

Time to get my breakfast and coffee.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:25 am

I have a dr appt for meds today at 11 so need to be rollin' out of here at 10:40ish. Between now and then I need to have breakfast, walk the dog and do all kinds of a.m. routine things.

The garbage is already out - it was stuffed full and I have 3-4 bags to go into it when it's emptied. I may need to make a trip to the residential drop off place, also take some corrugated cardboard.

Right now:
-s2s
-breakfast and meds
-walk the ddog
-figure out dinner
-make the bed

I'll do kitchen clean up and unload dishwasher later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am

I'm rolling along.

Got dressed and tidied bedroom before tea and chocolate. It is now 10:26 and I've had breakfast as well and sent a couple of emails. My day's list is written out but not at all acted upon so I'm not sure I'm at all ahead.

I did my light this morning, but as I said, I'm dragging here.

And yes, panicking over Christmas.

Monday has been set up as tree trimming night.

The 19th I've book an appointment with my finance guy.

I've determined I can't rent a car for dd and dsil this year. I waited too long and it would be $500.

<later>

Went to put on Christmas music but the fancy central system we have didn't work. As per usual (I cannot recall any time I've gone to turn it on that it has ever, ever, worked.) All our music is on it so I had planned to randomly select our Christmas albums. But the living room system will not start. Normally, I just go and get a CD and play it on the bluray. My mistake today was calling in dh asking how to turn on the diskserver that holds the music. Unfortunately that meant he's now updating the system in the living room so I cannot even play a cd. I can listen over my phone (why bother having a fancy stereo then?) Since our casting audio to Google is distorted (the FM has distortion) I didn't want to use that (plus I wanted to listen to my music, not that music.)

So, now 25 minutes after I went to turn on the stereo I still don't have any music and won't for an indeterminate length of time.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Good morning all! The 153 report is continuing to provide job security, but I kicked its butt yesterday. There may still be some problems, but much progress has been made. I made my dance class last night. There are actually two ongoing Monday classes right now, but I don't think I can keep two choreographies in my head at the same time. The one I picked is fan veils, the other is steampunk animals with costume design. Both sound awesome, but not at the same time. I thought I would be horribly sore today, but am not at all. However, my foot is starting to regain its cyst. My tire was low AGAIN. Must get to tire shop, but when? It's a fairly new tire too. I made progress on the church table decoration.

Tonight will likely be homework, but it must be at HOME, because I have so much stuff to do. I think DD15 likes to go to the library because she gets unlimited internet there and can waste time on Harry Potter fan fiction. Unless she has something that can ONLY be done at the library, it's not happening. After dropping her off, I will retrieve Briggs. We had originally planned for me to get him last night, but there was some question of whether he would be making a return to the vet. He is doing better now. I"m glad he is coming home, because Stratton calls him LOUDLY at night.

I must do a LOL or it will be a no pants day tomorrow. Which would be ok if I actually owned a skirt.

Despite being mostly a Luddite when it comes to phones, I make frequent use of the GPS function. I also filmed the choreography from last night.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi!

I just rolled out of bed less than half an hour ago. Emptied the dishwasher as I was waiting for the kettle to come to a boil.

I have a Women's Institute Christmas get together in Virgil tonight. Virgil is part way between the Queen Elizabeth Way (highway/freeway) and Niagara On The Lake. I do believe that Buffalo is at the Lake Erie end of the Niagara river and Niagara on the Lake is at the Lake Ontario end. We will be served a dinner there and dh is looking forward to cooking himself some spinach and something spicy.

The wind has been howling here since last night when we left our friend's place around 9 p.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm

d book how is your back today? Hope it is better!

good morning d twins thank you for starting us "rollin'" :D have a good dr. appointment - also I know Hanukah will be here the 12th - so I am thinking of you as you get ready!

d dee happy laundering :D

hi d kathryn don't worry you have plenty of time to get things done for Christmas - you will get it done!

good morning d elizabeth I am glad you kicked franny yesterday

hi good morning d Cathy I hope tonight is a good virgil tonight! We had horrible wind last night too. Yesterday was 63 degrees and now it's 30 which is normal for us. (but no snow :cry: I want lots of snow - not during rush hours though)

hello everyone ~~~ waving
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:30 pm

dd younger is home from wisdom teeth removal. Sound asleep but she will need to eat soon and take her antibiotics
dh was so sweet - he came with us and waited while she had it done. Now praying that her pain disorder doesn't flair up because of the wisdom teeth removal. Keeping positive and fingers crossed!

again the house looks unmanaged - clutter pretends it's not there at night (looks invisible to me lol) and poof it's there it is in the morning ;) 8-)

okay - I could sit here all morning and get nothing done - problem with add but I will start dailies and room by room decorating
- I can't use a vacuum cleaner right now as dd is sleeping in the family room - I wanted her down here so I could keep an eye out

feeling horribly sidetracked and distracted with lazy feelings

1. cleaned our bathroom, sink and counters clean (but not tub - I will do that when i shower) boy dh is a messy one - I don't think can't see :shock: we chatted about it and he had no idea that the sink and bath was dirty - he just doesn't notice but that's okay - now that i know I can keep up with it. ;)
2. cleaned the upstairs hall bathroom :D but not shower - shower is gross but I will do that in the morning (more a morning job)
3. cleaned powder room :D (including changing out all the towels in each bathroom

1. manage frontroom clutter, surface vacuum and swiffer rinse :D
2. managed dining room clutter, very little surface vacuum and then swiffer surface rinse :D
3. front hall managed clutter :D , vacuumed underneath furniture and the entire front hall and swiffer rinsed well including stairs :D
-
1. cut up blanket to dog size and easy washing size - sewed and done :D it took longer than I thought
2. all clean laundry put away in house :D

1. fold white laundry :D
2. flip flop blanket to dryer and then wash another blanket :D
3. kitchen dailies including tossing things from fridge :D -

push to tomorrow
-Vacuum and wash the floor as dd is sleeping in the family room next to the kitchen :arrow:
-manage clutter in family room with out waking dd younger :arrow:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Winter paintings are up.

I'm officially in a mood. I got the CD to play shortly after my last post but paintings are a really hard task, digging them out of an overstuffed cupboard, sorting them, lifting the summer ones down (I never did the autumn ones) then putting up the winter ones. The one over my desk is the hardest since it ladder work leaning over the roll-top. Then wrestling the box that holds the off-season ones back into the cupboard.

Found two suitcases in the cupboard that belongs in the suitcase cupboard. While dh was putting those up, he found a walking stick. He seemed surprised but it made me angry. It is to stay in my suitcase all the time. It's purpose is to remind me to walk our regular walking sticks, and if I forget, I at least have one. It also serves as a mono-pod for taking photos. On his recent trips, dh has been using my suitcase because it is smaller than his and must have taken it out (he's also taken my tags off it.)

Sigh...

Will try and focus on the music. It is a very dark day and despite my doing the light this morning, I feel dark and angry.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Stat bike wheel is a turning as I post. I Rolled out of bed just before 5 today, did the meds spiffed up kit, and went back to bed. Feeling vettrtnow after round two on the kit. It looks better now.

This is supposed to be my erramd day. So keep on rollin along yo get ready ... need to think about a list.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”