Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 am

Things are still dark here.

One minor decoration came out with a broken bit. No biggie. But then I have a metal decoration that spins over a candle's heat. It is quite small with delicate hanging bits and I had made a note on the box to put it on the radiator for the heat updraft to spin it. Got it together, put it on the radiator, went to adjust it and knocked a bit into the radiator. Thankfully, it is metal so won't catch fire but we can't get it out either (we took the front off but it is inside a sealed section.) I put it back in its box with a note saying where the missing bit is. Maybe in the spring when the radiator disassembled for cleaning I'll get it back.

The second box contents are now strewn all over my living room and dining room.

I got distracted from posting this (started it about 7 hours ago) and finishing the task at hand and everything else on my list by the travel plans for January. January is after this weekend but I had to drop everything and focus. The booking came through for the tour so I had to book the flights from Sydney to Ayer's Rock. I gave up on a side trip to Adelaide, except my flight is through Adelaide so I booked the one with a 5 hour layover. All I wanted to do was go see a building in real life so I'm taking a taxi from the airport to do that during my layover.

That gave us three days in Sydney so I spent the last 4 hours finding a place to stay. Eventually decided to stay at one of ds's beaches. So that's booked now, plus airport hotels for Perth and Sydney one of the other times I'm flying through (we go through 4 times in total on this trip and I'll be on 3 airline tickets in total and flying three different airlines as well, Qantas, Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia.)

My head is spinning but I think I'm done. I hate this part because it is the spending money part. I'm not keen on the long travel either but that's another story. There's a 3 hour hike in the desert at one point on this tour as well but I might be able to skip that.

I remembered I was going to run a scan on my computer so while shutting down open windows found this unfinished post.

Good night all!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Rollin' Rollin' Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 am

I made bow tie pasta salad just a sm test batch, enough for hubby's lunches the rest of the week or so I thought tnat was till he decided he wanted some for dinner I saved some for one lunch any way it was good and I do not even like pasta salad, I just had a taste, used 1 tea. Olive oil instead of mayo. The I cooked sweet potatoes taking notes on cooking times. Trying to learn a diff food group every day or two froz. Veg. Tomorrow I think.

Laundry needs attn tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”