Where are you? Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Where are you? Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:21 pm

I am on an unexpected break. Feet up. Water bottle nearby. Dr Zevia poured into a glass to try. DS9 went with DH to haul off some limbs. They will be gone for about 30 minutes and I intend to sit here the entire time and be a slug! :)

This morning has gone remarkably smooth. Having a plan in place to deal with DS9 mouth is working better than I had hoped. My plan is dead drop simple so the implementation is easy - When he says something he shouldn't then I ask - Is that something you should be saying? He thinks about it and answers No. I ask him Why? And he tells me why it was wrong. Then I tell him - Now try again. This time talk in a respectful tone and chose your words wisely.

The *carrot* I used today to get DS9 focused on Math lessons was painting a tabletop when he finished the problems with a score above 90% correct. He loves to paint so he was eager to get the problems finished and done right. While he was doing his Math lesson I did the prep on the table to get it ready to paint. It was fun to see him excited AND to get something accomplished. The table top looks much better now with a fresh coat of paint.

B: Omelet, toast, Greek yogurt, banana, grapes, orange
L: Bean Burrito
D: Brisket, mashed potatoes, and Green Salad
Snack - String Cheese, Hardboiled egg, vegetable soup, cereal, baby carrots, cucumber slices
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Harmony - I totally understand. I gave up trying to find a gift for older Grandchildren and just give money now. I know that isn't the best solution but it is the simplest. I like RR idea to put the money into puzzle boxes so I ordered those for this year. I do like Kathryn's idea of giving an experience.

I paid for DGS21 to attend a class with me this Saturday. I briefly thought about telling him that it was his Christmas gift, but it wasn't his idea to attend the class so I'm just treating it as a fun one-on-one time together.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm

I slept in a bit, had a weird dream, learned how not to cook egg in a jar needs tweaking had a clean up nothing broke and I was able to rescue breakfast. This is why I am practicing while no one else is here on my food lol! Washer twins are busy today. I got the new vacuum back upstairs to use later. I am trying to decide how to change the bookshelf in the creativity room.

My ear is still acting up but it is improving.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm

It took nearly my entire morning :( to get through just the "regular" week desk day for the church, still unable to check off any monthly work, which looms large this month. I make a different deposit for anything non-contribution so there's no confusion. We had to have several reimbursements because of the one same __ :x __ credit card continuing to be used in poor decision making. (Yes, I had encouraged the idea of cancelling the card, to the best of my ability when that came up, but the resolve from other directions failed, so we're still stuck with it.) One reimbursement came in in cash and coin without an explanation written on the envelope, so I had to chase that info down. Another was brought here to the house - what if it hadn't been convenient for me to stay home to receive it.

HRH is on his way in this direction, I think. After checking in with him, I think I'll go out on a few errands. My watch battery has died, for one thing. That's not an acceptable reality.

Hmmm... .. on Feb 18, 2016, according to my post here in PWYC, I went to

Battery Shop to get a new battery put into my (dmother's) watch. I went ahead and bought the lifetime, which was very reasonable, since I see no chance I will not love this watch as long as it lives.

So, is "lifetime" in a watch battery 1 and 3/4 years? Maybe it is. I would have thought differently. The only thing that will really bother me is if it is the watch itself. I certainly hope not - hope the mechanism isn't draining more power because of age/wear, either.

The time before that was March 15, 2012 (also thank you to errands-chat on this site for info), which would have meant that one lasted for 4 years.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Twins: when my computer is acting up, I think updating dropbox because after I get a sync'd message, I have no control over my computer - no mouse, no keyboard, no alt-tab, no ctrl-alt-del. Towards the end, I get the latter and then I see that dropbox is the number one consumer of memory and cpu. This is why I suspect it is dropbox. But I have no way of stopping the sync since I don't have a pointer or right-click capability.

Lunch is done. Living/dining rooms are vacuumed, general tidy done. I'm now ready to go hunt for a missing bin. I must have miscounted bins and left one down there because an assortment of items are missing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:30 pm

So far I have made the Haystacks. They are a non bake treat with cocoa and coconut and quick cooking oatmeal. This recipe called for walnuts, and I have them, so I threw them in. I couldn't find the FB post a friend sent me a couple of years ago, so I just did a recipe search and it came up with the recipe I used today.

Dh put one of his 2 laptops in the kitchen so I could access recipes on that computer. I turned it on today to actually use it for the first time and just got the blue screen of doom. I turned it off, came in here and di the entire search again. SO much easier to just open a cook book.

The oven is pre heated for the sugar cookies, but I want to do the no cook cookie with ground almonds that I did last year that was a huge hit with my dd.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 pm

quick hi - and see you soon I hope! going to tar jay, heinens, Local store. Gave dd younger her St. Nicholas day food items - biscotti, 2 small gingerbread trees (cookies) and a christmas tree rice crispy treat - she had to freeze it because of her mouth but she was tickled - lol she even put her shoes out yesterday and I hadn't noticed ;) :D , dd older will be here later tonight.

I had to overhaul the card file a bit as I just put a bunch of receipts etc in there for Christmas. It took me well over an hour to do cards and pull filing but it is done :D

Goals today: cook butternut squash and pears for dd younger to have tonight (mashed well and cooled)
hopefully inside christmas decorating
paperwork moved to today instead of sunday
dailies
manage clutter

d lady my kids love the experience too. Same with d nieces and d nephews
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm off to the stores as well. I'll wave at Blessed if I see you during my errands!

Dh and I put the signs up in the mail rooms so that's done. It is so windy, I could not get the door of the other building open, from the inside, pushing out! We were to go for a walk as well but I gave up as my hat (on in 'high wind' mode) flew off and went about 60' before we caught it. I hate winds anyway but it was too hard to walk and we couldn't talk so I said I was going home.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:11 pm

I have gathered the fall decoration and have it ready to pack away in the plastic tubs. I want to wait a day before I do that because most of the time I find a decoration that I missed until I look with fresh eyes.

Brownies are in the oven. I'll take them for the meal with church family tonight.

DH and DS9 have already left for church. DH needed to get there a bit earlier than normal tonight. We are cooking brisket and mashed potatoes and it requires longer prep time than other meals. I'll go help cook after getting DGD6 from school.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Kathryn, do you have another computer attached to Dropbox? You could unlink your current one that is giving you issues and see if things improve? I actually thought for a moment I could give you computer advice. :oops:

I got to the grocery and did a walk through at T uesday M orning. I was going to buy a couple of impulse items but only one line was open and there were a ton of people ahead. Not worth the wait.

I've really wasted a lot of time today and I'm not sure I can get up a burst of energy but here goes...will work for 45 min beginning at the BOTH...I have until then to waste so perhaps I'll get over it.

I got ingredients for bourbon chocolate balls for the neighborhood cookie swap this Sat a.m. I've never participated before.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”