Where are you? Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Where are you? Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 am

Where are you in the day, week, month, year, preparations for holidays?

Take a moment to take stock of what you have accomplished, and think a bit on what needs to be done.

Don't think so much that it paralyzes you, though!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Where are you? Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:01 am

I peeked and no one else was on yet so posted and got long-winded I guess, Kathryn. I erased my post and had a 'similar' title: "Wednesday? Already!!??"

The month is already whizzing by and the holidays a mere "hours" away at this point,

I slept somewhat well except for a low BS about 3 (59) and was awake about 2 hours. Then was awake a couple of hours. Got up for a potty break at 7:30 and decided to get my thyroid med done and here I sit.

Harmony, I don't have my glasses on and read your post as being "fired" (don't you wish?). Went back and realized it said "tired". I had you jobless for a few seconds anyway.

Love your posts from yesterday, Harriet and loved the bidet story.

Not sure if dd went to work or not. Her car is in the driveway. She came home and went to bed yesterday with a migraine. But she may have taken dsonil's car (better mileage & he had new tires put on yesterday.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 am

Where am I:

Day: still at tea and chocolate stage but downloading and running some PC cleanup tools. I remembered to run the full scan of my computer last night and it came out virus and malware free but there are things that need cleaning up that might improve performance.

Week: I'm still on Tuesday since I got so little done yesterday. I'm hoping to get at least half-way through Wednesday today. There is sunshine and despite a terrible sleep last night, I feel positive. Leaving yesterday's darkness behind will be a relief.

Month: Not anywhere near where I want to be. Sigh... Christmas cards are hanging over me at the moment as well as December Residents' party. (Both must be done this week.)

Year: Scrambling here. There are calendar year-end stuff for the business. I have a meeting booked with our financial guy for family finance stuff. And the list of undone projects is huge but these have been undone for years or decades so in many ways they don't count anymore. Maybe my New Year's Resolution will be finding a way to let go these projects.

Holiday Prep: not bad but that's because we don't really do a proper Christmas anymore. Aside from the decorations and cards, and the Boxing Day party (for which I've already started buying the food) the focus is solely on people so there's no rushing to buy gifts.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 am

Morning ...

I am mostly ready for Cmas.

Most presents were order and received last week. I will wrap a few and mail tomorrow. My tree is up
and I have my decorations up. I work till Dec 22nd so that was my motivation for me.

We will have our Cmas Day meal at a restaurant but will by another turkey breast in a bag again to fill in the void.

I will not be working during Jan to give myself some time off. Hopefully Sweetie and I, along with Willis will do a bit of travelng.

I’m ready for that. :D

Off to get ready for work... hi ho hi ho and all that jazz!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 am

I think my computer cleanup is done. Doing so managed to crash the computer (!) and I lost my external keyboard for a long time but it did come back once Windows fully loaded. It does seem to be running a little faster now but is that hopefulness on my part? We'll see.

The main culprit, which I cannot turn off, is Dropbox. I can't figure out how to tell it when to sync with the online files. So when I start my computer while connected to the internet, dropbox syncs and that takes a long time. I'd prefer if it didn't do that because if I'm starting up the computer from sleep, I want access to a browser within a minute, not 5+ minutes.

Breakfast is now done. Time to find something productive to do. S2s is an option, as is getting the last of the bin that has exploded in my living/dining room ready to take downstairs to the storage locker.

Speaking of storage, I have 3 large things to take to ds's locker so I texted him last night to make sure he's still alive (we haven't heard from him in almost a week although my bus pass showed up on dh's desk on Friday night.) He's alive but working 8 nights in a row and that is about to be stretched to 10 in a row. He's exhausted and only doing the bare minimum to stay alive. I offered to pick up and do his laundry when I drop by to put things into the locker but he hasn't responded to that yet.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

My cards are hanging over my head as well, Kathryn. Felt really 'wimpy' yesterday when we received our first card from a very dear life-time friend. She's our xsonil's sister and the one whose dMom (my very best friend forever) passed away end of October. Her dsis (Debbie whom I had asked prayer for with the brain tumor and an infection requiring surgery) passed away Saturday. Plus I know she's been fighting kidney stones and her plate grew ever fuller. So who do we get our first card from? Of course. We have known and loved this family (all but xsonil :roll: ) since 1964.

Was going to put our darks in the washer but dsonil is doing laundry. I'll wait until tomorrow. I know I'll end up folding them and the load he did last night -or they'll remain in his 'closet'. :?

My back is following a pattern that first thing in the morning it's so bad that I worry about whether or not I can get out of bed and walk to the bathroom -- but by afternoon it is better enough to function as long as I move slowly.
I resemble this remark with my knee, Booksaver, so know of what you speak. Although today it is better. My knee is just a bit better every day so I'm hopeful complete healing (from what I know not) is on it's way.

Time to head out and do the dishes from last night. I was just too tired.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 am

This computer runs so fast now when I clicked on another page here I wondered why it wasn't loading. I guess I looked away for an instant and didn't see it had come up. If only we could keep it this way.

Kathryn, you are a great Mother to offer to do DSon's laundry.

Dee, I only wish I could be Fired! Someday...someday.

RRose, are you all done at school? Are you glad you did that and would you do it again?

I am very behind this Christmas. Inside decorations are up, not the outside ones. I have NO idea what to get anyone. I asked DD2 what everybody wanted. Her kids all just want new phones from them (not us) and nothing else. She said she doesn't need anything. I don't either, but I did come up with 1 thing I will be buying anyway and have been putting it off, so I can tell DH (or rather pick it up for him). DD1 and family, who knows! I suggested a family check which would have simplified things for me a lot, but she didn't seem to like that idea. I also have a DGS's birthday next week and have no idea for that. It is extra tough this year and I have no idea what to do. Has anybody been in this spot before? And what did you do?

So far today, a bunch of paperwork just to get DH organized, figured out stuff for him and got him on his way. Great progress on that. Relief to be off dead center. Dailies done. Was up early again. I hope I can keep that up.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 am

Hi!

I was awake extremely early with too much on my mind. After dh left I turned on the CD player and it has decided to take the day off. I wanted some noise in the house. So I (OOPS) fell down the Netflix hole. I watched Young Victoria and the first episode of The Crown. Look at the clock and 3 hours had elapsed. Yikes!

I am skipping the knitting group today. We are going to Super Organized Friend's house for tea and cookies tomorrow. I want to make some homemade goodies and cookies for her. Sugar cookies are planned and so are haystacks. (Cocoa, oatmeal and coconut and some other things. I have to find the recipe.)

I am making Shepherd's Pie for supper. I have been wanting it since last week.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 am

Harmony: never forget the value of gifts of time and experiences. If they live close enough to you, buy an experience with them - one on one time touring a museum or go to a movie and lunch after to discuss it and other stuff. If they live farther away, either book time with them and come visit or give them tickets to something. Last year, ds's present was a comedian's performance in May. At $100 per ticket he couldn't afford to go but it made a gift. This year it will likely be the season's pass for obstacle racing. Last year, we gave dd and dsil a rental car for the week so they could easily make it to all the events they wanted to attend.

I loved going to movies with my great-aunts as a teen. My grandparents lived 1000 miles away and were all dead by the time I was 12 except for my Dad's Mom. She'd mail me $10 for Christmas each year. I'd send a letter but in my teens I often visited on my own for a few days each March (she lived in Nova Scotia so my parents paid for a flight down and dUnc would get me to my grandmother's with enough food for the few days and then pick me up later in the week.)

That time was as much a gift for me as it was for my Nana. As a young adult until she died when I was 29, I visited at least once each calendar year. When I first started working at 19 I put aside money out of each paycheque for my 'funeral' fund (for her and my mom's maiden sister) but then would spend it as it built up on a trip while she was living.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 am

I've s2s. Tried another way to play music in the living room. No luck. Serious technology sucks away time, energy, and good mood.

Return to “Post When You Can”