Where are you? Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Where are you? Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am

Slowly getting some things done around here. Mailed dh's 5 paychecks that have come since we arrived in FL. Each week for the last 3 he figured it was his last one for the year. Evidently there's at least one more coming. (He banks anything over 40 hours a week and they play 'catch up' after we leave in November). I wanted to add the app for the bank to my phone and deposit them that way but dh still doesn't trust it. So....off they went in the mail.

Was deleting emails from our account and made time to go in and 'unsubscribe' from 3 so far. We'll see if that actually 'takes'. :roll: I've tried some before and still get their emails. Have so many from commercial sites.

Looked up my appointment with my primary Dr. here. Thought it was January 2, but it's not till January 16. Supposed to see the cardiologist here the day before but I think that won't happen as I don't have 'approval' for that visit. Have 'approval' from insurance company to see Primary through February. Have to look up exact date and maybe change my appointment to later.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am

a really good question d kathryn! It's a good way to get account of what needs attention. Great advice too.

actually it was an A-Ha moment for me to realize other people get paralyzed in panic like I do, (not as much now because I don't always over goal like I used to and then get nothing done) thanks for this post - it's a good one!!!

have a good day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Kathryn, on my computer the Dropbox sync is seamless and I don't see it slowing things down. But I do know you can pause the syncing by right clicking on the system icon at the bottom, choose the little gear for settings, then choose "Pause syncing." The genealogy program I use is sometimes stored in Dropbox by users so it's available from more than one computer, and the database gets corrupted from Dropbox constantly syncing while changes are being made. Would that help?

Just renewed my retired CPA license online. I'm tinkering with an online evite for a brunch for an upcoming birthday. Or should I just do a Facebook invite? I can't handle a surprise birthday party - we finally decided to have a brunch on the 31th - his birthday is the 30th and it's a hard time of year to plan a party. We will do a breakfast casserole, bagels, lox, etc., sweets so it won't be too hard.

As usual, need to get moving again.

-Breakfast/brunch smoothie and vitamins
-make the bed
-reboot laundry
-brush teeth, clean up, out of pajamas
-walk the dog

I need to get groceries today and possibly run by to visit dmom.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 pm

I slept to 9:45 :shock: I woke at 6:15 but I gave myself 5 more minutes - which turned into 2-1/2 hours :shock: :shock: :shock:

good morning d twins great work getting your license updated. hope you have a great day

d dee great on getting those items in the mail! hope a great day! good morning

good morning d cathy I know that netflix hole lol. have a great day cooking!

good morning d harmony I know the grand kids would love money - my d mom only did money as she dislikes shopping even when the kids were little - and the kids loved it. D mom in law wanted a present ($10) each grandchild but would give a grab bag of stuff - candy made to look like a train etc. and a little book - the kids looked forward to it every year. it will all work out.
https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/christmas-eve-box/ - even if they are older they might smile at some of the little things in here.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Good morning all! DD15 did do homework at my house last night while I did other chores. We figured out why she used up most of my data on the first day of the billing cycle: she had about 30 tabs open in her browser. I made her shut down all except the ones directly needed for homework. Complete fail on the church table decoration project, so will be going to plan B. I realized I have one more day than I thought as well. LOL completed and I am properly attired for payroll today. I did not get Briggs back, not because he is still sick, but because my schedule and J's don't mesh until tonight. Therefore, we will be meeting for dinner to discuss his treatment and testing options and to do the handoff. Nights will be quieter, because Stratton will not yowl to call him. I also need a grocery run and a dollar store run.

I may be getting another foster cat, a young adult female that I hope will be a friend for Lara, whose previous favorite friends are now deceased.

At payroll, the daily loads loaded without issues. This is good because the expert is still out sick. First order of business will be to check the results of yesterday's query fix and check it in if all is well (should be). Next is to track down some missed items in the bane report. Low tire alert AGAIN last night. Air and gasoline obtained.

Kathryn: My grandmother's dining room table acquired a split in one of the pedestals during a move. The furniture repair people did such a good job that I wished both pedestals had split! That was back in 1996 and to this day, the "broken" side still looks much better than the other.

lucylee: Maybe DH would feel better about the "labeling" if he looked at it like my autistic DD does. It is just a fact with the same emotional content as labeling her a redhead.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:44 pm

The tree is up but I still haven't gotten the stuff out that I sit around. I need to do that today.

Last night despite needing to finish decorating, I decided I should balance the checkbook and my funds. The checkbook balanced to the penny. By then it was late, so I finished balancing the funds this morning. Since August I keep coming up 58.34 long in my funds. Obviously I deducted that item twice somewhere. Rather than go back and figure out where, I have decided to add it to my clothing fund. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It is suppose to be really windy today, so I am going to stay home and hopefully get something accomplished.

Dh and I might go see the Daddy's Home movie tonight. Tomorrow dsil will pickup the girls at school and bring them to town for gymnastics. Dsil and dd2 want to see that movie too. I told her if they wanted to go to the 4:50 show, I could get dgd8 to gymnastics and dgd6 could stay here. They can then pick up dgd8 after gymnastics, since it it 2 1/2 hours long. Seriously, I think that is too long but what do I know. Dgd6 decided to drop out of gymnastics about a month ago. She said that it makes her back hurt and just wasn't fun.

This morning I finally got down on paper what I have bought for Christmas. Frankly, my dear, ;) ;) it's not much. But I have came to the conclusion that as long as everyone 11 and up have at least one gift to unwrap, the rest can be money, if I don't get anymore great ideas. Then the 2 girls and babyK will probably have gifts. They are much easier to buy for.

Yesterday after dd1 got off work, I met her at one of our gift stores. We went to 2 more after that. The sole purpose was for me to pick out things I like or want. I am sure I disappointed her because I don't really need anything and when I want something I buy it. I still buy clothes but don't buy a lot for the house unless it is to replace something, that needs replaced.

Well guess I will shower and try to get busy.

Dh is keeping busy with his P laystation 4 gaming system. There are even games to fish and hunt. The hunting one has over 50 animals to hunt and PETA doesn't have anything to complain about.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

I know the plant stand can be repaired (refinished and the splits filled) but that adds it to the long list of things to be done. Number one on that list is to repair the grandfather clock. Plant stand is probably 2nd and my dresser drawers are third (the steam from the vaporizer clouded over the corners but I may as refinish the top where it is burned from my straightener while I'm at it.) My side tables could use refinishing (hot things put down on them repeatedly - I've repaired the cloudiness but the finish is uneven.)

I used Murphy's wood cleaner on the stand to get some of the red off (the wooden plant holder was redwood and the plastic liner of it must have had a very slow leak - there was a cup of water in it when I removed the plant.) It didn't make a visible difference but my cloth came up red. I then oiled it. Oiled the dining table too and am letting that absorb for a while, then I'll make the first of the centrepieces (they'll get more elaborate as the month goes by.)

I'm having a tea and lemon square break at the moment.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:52 pm

i like your dd d elizabeth!

good morning d elizabeth and d lilac and d lucy and d harmony and d harriet and ..... everyone!

dh and I had lots of nice chats this morning and he will empty the dishwasher for me yay

time to work:
hoping Christmas decorating inside

okay be productive
1. go through card file
2. put away on kitchen table and under
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm

As keeper of the family history, I know where my grandfather was on this day in 1917.

He was sailing from west to east through the Cabot Strait between Cape Breton and mainland Nova Scotia. Literally sailing (I don't believe he ever captained anything other sailing vessels, certainly in 1934 when he took my father to sea with him it was a sailing vessel.) He was carrying cargo headed for Europe.

He heard an unusual sound and made note of it in the ship's log. When he got to Europe weeks later, he found out what it was. He was over 100 miles away but heard the sound of the Halifax Explosion, the largest man-made explosion ever, until Hiroshima.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 pm

spoke to d mom - she is definitely in her talking about her experiences lol

so interesting d kathryn - thank you for sharing - I never knew about this.

Return to “Post When You Can”