Where are you? Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Where are you? Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Wow! I never had heard of this either, Kathryn. Will have to ask dh if he had.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

That was actually a sucessful 45 min. May try again at BOTH.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Yeah, everyone loves dropbox so much and I understand the theory and have used it occasionally as it should be. It is better than Google Docs in my opinion. But there seems to be an issue with syncing and another with Open Office. It will hang Open Office at times - it starts to do a sync and won't let me have access to the program at all. I've given it 5 - 10 minutes and still nothing so end up shutting the program (and losing changes as a result since recovery always fails when this happens.)

I'm back from the shopping errands. It was a good time to go. No-one at the camera shop so I got a solution that I may or may not use but I can return. Costco was almost empty (at least empty for Costco and no lineup at the cash!) The next grocery store was only slightly busier. I went to cut through to the Walmart but there was a huge accident so I ended up backtracking and going in another exit after a mile long detour. It was empty too (probably a lot of that was the fact that the road with the main entrance was closed due to the accident.)

I picked up everything on my list a few extras.

Got home and discovered dh's sister isn't coming therefore I don't need quite as much food!

Now we have to figure out how to get the tickets she bought for us (which are in Toronto) by tomorrow night.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 pm

I vacuumed the back of the house today. Got laundry folded. It is time to close the chicken run now and make final decision on dinner.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 pm

I understand better now... ..

I didn't purchase a lifetime watch battery. I purchased a lifetime replacement warranty on an ordinary battery. :idea:

Ooohhh. So the battery replacement was free. I picked up some AAs because I was so appreciative. Very happy to know what time it is! I truly can't function without a watch, and I don't want any other except this one. Sigh. I'm sure as it grows older I'll eventually be disappointed.

It was very gratifying to be able to recite the date on which I purchased, btw. I guess the fellows there must think I have quite a memory, lol.

Both deposits made.

Have found out that an old friend of HRH's will be here Friday, so I'm sure a few of my hours that day will be given over to visiting. We also have bad weather coming in. So trying to think what is the best use of my time.

Uuuggghhh.

Having typed this, I decided to get the deposit receipt copies filed properly, from my carry-around file to the monthly file. Oh no! For the first time, a deposit has been stamped with the wrong amount. The teller didn't get any of the currency into the total, only checks and coin. I will need to go right back out there tomorrow (can you hear me groaning?). :( What makes me crazy, i KNEW not to make 2 deposits at one visit. Former treasurer warned me about it. But I thought, I will save a second trip on another day. Then I told her at the desk I would give her one deposit at a time. But she said oh no, it would be fine - she could take both at once. And I let her. Sigh. Double sigh. It would have been better to make 2 trips on 2 different days and forget trying to save time. I let Murphy's law in.

Maybe I can call in the morning and ask what the total of this deposit was as recorded in the account?? Is it possible that she deposited this correctly but just stamped my receipt wrong? I don't see how that's possible, though, because the stamping has to do with the transaction. My copy shows the currency as it was listed by me... ..

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Harriet: It is possible the teller noted her mistake after you left. After all, there's be unaccounted for money there.

Dinner is done and cleaned up. Dh took most of the recycle out and washed up the dishes so I just had a little bit to do. I returned the grocery bags to the car and the two finished bins to the locker and brought up the 'missing' bin plus the tree decorations. All that is left to bring up is the tree itself and the wrapping paper if we want it upstairs (I'm not sure I do since there's nothing to wrap at the moment.)

I'm having a cup of decaf tea before tackling the last bin. There are definite 'holes' in the decorations so this should fill things in a bit.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Supper was a success. I made 3 different cookies today. Haystacks was one and then there were 2 styles on sugar cookies. The one style was I pressed a heart onto the cookie before I baked it and then sprinkled red and green sugar over it as soon as it came out and then piped a red gel around the heart shape. What a mistake!! The other sugar cookies got chilled, and then rolled into balls and flattened after I pressed them into red and green sprinkles. Those ones turned out beautifully. I will take those ones and the haystacks to the "tea and cookies" morning at my friend's place.

The kitchen is a disaster.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Where are you in the day, week, month, year, preparations for holidays?

Well, as y'all can see, for the DAY, I've been BUSY! But in a good way. Apparently, I can check in with you girls about how I'm doing NOTHING...
or I can do SOMETHING and have no time to check in. What a quandary I'm in.
But today, with dgd arriving at 10:00 a.m., I s2s and got ready for her ahead of time. When she got here, she & I had to go back to her house b/c ds had forgotten to bring her diaper bag. Then we went to the post office and to S onic for French toast. That was my treat for me. Plus a diet Dr. Pepper w/cherry added. ;) We came home and ate breakfast, and then got to WORK!
* s/s all three toilets
* cleaned dh's shower
* finished vacuuming -- all except master bedroom, which I still plan to do before dh returns in a couple hours
* washed two loads of clothes and hung them to dry
* ate lunch
* took nap (yes, both of us!)
* went to pick up dgs at school
* wrapped presents until we ran out of tape
* colored in coloring books
* fed dgd her supper
* went to church
* went to D ollar G eneral for more tape!
* went to ATM b/c -- did y'all know -- if you say, "Yes, cash back" on your debit card at DG, they charge a dollar!
* got supper
* came home, ate
* ddil arrived to take them home
WHEW!

So now to complete the DAY, I need to
[ ] finish wrapping
[ ] vacuum bedroom
[ ] wash a few dishes left in the sink

For the WEEK... MONTH... YEAR... HOLIDAY SEASON...
That's a different story.
The week has been okay, but busy, and there is no end in sight until at least Monday.
Month/Year/Holiday Prep...
* sheesh *
YES...
cards still need to be done...
(some) gifts still need to be bought...

And personal stuff -- as I mentioned last night -- I am falling so far behind...
I don't exercise or walk enough. Not nearly enough.
I need to establish some routines. I have a checklist, cards, master list... but I don't follow the plan.
Sometimes I just feel like I am still just treading water... just BARELY treading water... and it is the fourth year since I retired. Shouldn't I have a new routine mastered by now??? Not that the old routine was ever all that great, but I at least had the excuse of working all the time.

Anyway -- waving to all!!! I promised myself I'd get busy again when the 10:00 news came on...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 am

Harriet, once they got the total wrong on my deposit slip and I never noticed it until the statement came and the statement was correct. When they count their drawers at night they often find some discrepancy and figure it out. However, if it was cash, that might be more difficult. Now I'm sure to double check my slip before I leave the drive-thru. I hope they get it right for you.

Kathryn, experiences would be wonderful if we had time for them. Or if They had time for them. Even the Grandsons are so tied up with sports and school, and now DGS up at college is working part time too.

But I did go out this morning, spurred on by our opening here and I got 3 people done. The 1st one, they had a 15% coupon but one needed to download it or get it through their phone. I went to customer service and they were able to get it for me anyway. Next store I found a couple more discounts and they tried to talk me into store coupons for the amount and I kept asking them to just take the $ off the item and finally she did and it was a real deal. So I got 3 people done. The bad thing is they are my easiest to buy for.

Why am I still up? I just spent 4 hours working on that big paperwork project because DH wanted to submit it tomorrow and I have to go to the dentist early afternoon and didn't know if I could get it done. So I've been up working on it tonight and got most of it done. Just came here to unwind so I can sleep. It worked, I'm getting really really sleepy.

Off to bed!

Return to “Post When You Can”