THURSDAY TOTALS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

THURSDAY TOTALS

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

Maybe that's a bad title, Harriet. Hoping your totals can come out right today.

I need to get busy and do the church council minutes from November done and sent out. I've been procrastinating because I don't have the deacons minutes. The gal who usually gets those to me (so I don't have to write at the meeting) is the same one whose Mother died just before we left and her dsis died this past Saturday. I haven't wanted to bother her. and of course she was the first one we received a Christmas card from. Learned last night from DS-R (he had gone to the calling hours) that on top of that the MIL of her dh's deceased wife passed away as well.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: THURSDAY TOTALS

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am

Heading out for a therapeutic massage this morning. Have had breakfast and walked the ddog. Back later!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 am

I too wanted to wish d harriet balanced totals on the accounts - that everything gets straightened out today.

d dee Good morning!!!

D Twins good morning!!!

Good Morning to everyone!!!

I am looking at what I can do today- first by taking stock of what needs to be finished for the holidays. With the days being so short in sunlight I feel like the day gets away from me so I will try to accomplish things at home in the morning before going out of the house on any errand. Yesterday I had planned Christmas decorating but errands and paperwork took longer than I expected.

so today my goal is staying away from perfection - I think I will use my timer today and go through one box of holiday at a time.

cards need to be pulled first.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND NIGHT EVERYONE. WISHING YOU THE BEST! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am

Happy Sinterklaas Day (one day late) to sweet Helia! Happy Sinterklaas-dag! :D

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:17 am

I was a total slug yesterday and despite my best intentions, I accomplished nothing. So I will try again today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:47 am

I don't think it's nothing - you posted here - that says a lot d lilac!
We all here are too hard on ourselves - things sometimes works out that way because we need to take care of ourselves at times - all is good! :D

No timer yet - but I did
empty the dishwasher from last nights dishes and refilled with the dishes I could find 8-)
recycling is on the dryer to be taken out to the garage
counters bleached :D
stove cleaned again :D
got sidetracked on the confuser ;)
time to hand wash the kitchen floor after vacuuming because it needs it. :shock: done :D
surface vacuumed other areas and swiffer surface rinsed it :D boring

dh was supposed to vacuum the family room yesterday after pulling out stuff (mostly dog toys and dog fur - gross) but forgot - but he DID declutter under there for me so that saves me time ;) :D

I have the Christmas in Vienna from 2008 and 1999 on in the background. lol dh is not as thrilled as I am with it. he kept saying there must be something wrong with my computer ;) :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Good day so far.

Spending time on messenger now with a friend who is with her very, very, sick (possibly dying) sister.

Arranging a visit to an Audi dealership to talk to their hiring guy (my next refugee coming in is an Audi mechanic.)

Ds came for breakfast and laundry. He only had one load even though I haven't seen him since before the trip to Iceland. Apparently a friend has been letting him use her washer too (and does the same flip to the dryer and fold so he can pick up his laundry later, deal that I offer!) She has 6 year old triplets and is now pregnant by ds's friend so it is quite the offer, although come to think of it, this is also the woman who ds has been paying to clean his apartment from time to time so it makes a bit more sense.

I'm s2s, have had a big breakfast, folded ds's laundry, he's back from his hair cut and showering now before heading to bed at his place. He left me his locker key so I can move the stuff from my place into his locker.

Next up, clean up the kitchen while listening to a podcast.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Good morning! Daily loads have loaded, meeting attended. And I made an appointment for later this morning for my ear. For the past 3 days, it has felt like something is crawling in it. Extremely bothersome and it feel like it is beginning to fill up. I am guessing ear infection. Fortunately, it does not hurt.

Last night, I met the people who were keeping Briggs for me at a Chinese place. We ate and did the handoff. J was worried about him being in a cold car, but I put my down jacket in his crate and covered the crate with two blankets. I was more worried about him getting hot. I slept a whole lot better without listening to Stratton yowling for his friend.

I had to drive here in the snow. Yuck. Theme song for today: Slip Sliding Away.

Tonight, I need to make 6 dozen cookies for tomorrow's cookie exchange. After I deliver DD15 back to the x, I may need a grocery run. Now, I am going to look up where my appointment is.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

I have boiled eggs. Cooked pasta getting ready to do pasta salad for hubby's lunch.
Swept the rec room 1st thing. Got the decor on the desk in the living room changed out.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm glad to hear Stratton could relax last night. I wonder if he believes that calling out every night has brought Briggs back?

Yes, at some point the discrepancy was found and a new deposit for the amount of currency was made. So I'm told there will be 3 deposits showing on our statement on the same date. It won't be as understandable a match to our records as I always try for, but it will TOTAL correctly. :) I always check the stamp before driving away, but in getting 2 back at the same time, with others waiting behind me, I neglected it. I'm just telling myself that at least I did save some time in a busy month.

Got to talk to dd19 last evening between a big test yesterday afternoon and a huge project today. She is probably not going to be able to participate in a choir-like rehearsal that's happening tonight for special music Sunday. I donwanna if she's not going to be there, plus with hours and hours of church work for me coming up I need to concentrate on my own home and celebration. Others can enjoy contributing, without us same-old song leaders having our faces in the pack. :lol: Besides, it turns out (when someone can finally bear to tell us) that just Sunday, the 2 of us sang another unintended duet with pianist accompanying, words for congregation neglected again, so everyone stood up - just to listen.

Return to “Post When You Can”