THURSDAY TOTALS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: THURSDAY TOTALS

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Still waiting...
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Egads, LL!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:35 pm

D Lucy what did they say when u asked about the wait
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 pm

My just 9 months finished bathroom was badly in need of cleaning so that is done and it is in pristine condition once again. Now on to dh's bathroom. His is a breeze to clean compared to mine.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:50 pm

I have got 4 of the newsletters off the list. Dh has done almost all his (I think he has 3 left.) Sigh.....

No motivation at all. When my dsil was coming over tomorrow, I had lots of motivation.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

I am taking a much-needed break. The first 9 hours of today has been productive and with no drama or problems. It is such a sweet moment to stop & realize this!

So far today -
** DGD6 arrive at 6:15am
** Family breakfast made for everyone. We sit at the table and pray/eat together at breakfast. Sitting at the table together normally doesn't happen the rest of the meals.
** DGD6 to school on time. DS9 started on homeschool lessons on time.
** 18 homeschool lessons completed including playing a game together (Math War). We also started a new sketchbook today. We have completed two other sketchbooks in the past and they have become treasures. We have zero talent in drawing and painting but it is amazing to me how our inept attempts come out so well considering our lack of talent. ANYway - we enjoyed doing watercolor drawing/painting on the first page of the new sketchbooks today.
** DS9 to public school to be with his friends and speech. The speech pathologist said today that she is giving me the option to stop in January or continue to end of school (May). I choose to continue DS9 speech with her until the end of school. We will be stopping the weekly appointments with private speech pathologist on Dec 19th. Stopping both speech appointments at the same times doesn't seem like a good idea. I would like to reduce to only doing one speech appointment a week to make sure DS9 doesn't regress with all the progress he has made. AND this means DS9 is on IEP for another year! I don't know if this is important, but I do know it is almost impossible to get on an IEP so I am reluctant to turn loose of it. IEP paperwork has to be signed by Jan 5th so speech pathologist said she would get with me next week on the official part of it.
** DS9 to his Doctor appointment. She said 2 more weeks of twice a week treatments then she thinks it can be reduced to once a week.

I have 30 minutes to take a break and then the rest of the day is ......

** Pick up DGD6 from school
** Take DS9 to 4H meeting. This meeting includes Christmas party (remember to take gift) and ordering shirts (remember to take shirt form and $$ to pay).
** Take DS9 to Robotics meeting at neighboring school
** Take DS9 to Basketball signup and tryouts (remember to take form and $$)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Doctor told DS9 today that the BIG goal is for him to go 30 days with no food dye and no sugar.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???! That seems TOTALLY impossible to me. I'm letting it sink in.......I'm not against doing it, but the challenges seem too big to overcome.

Every place we go there is sugar.
** Last night at the potluck there was over a dozen homemade desserts.....all with sugar.
** At school lunch today there was dessert with sugar.
** At school today there was snack cart. EVERYTHING has sugar or heavy sodium and only 2 items didn't have food dye.
** At DS9 Christmas party this afternoon there is most definitely will be sugar and most likely food dye in it.
** DMom called me at church last night and left a message on my phone asking me to come to her home after church. I thought something might be wrong so I left the church before it was over and immediately drove to her home. What did DMom want? She had 2 freshly baked loaves of banana bread she wanted to give us.

And that is just a teeny tiny piece of the problem. Our lives are saturated with sugar. I can't fathom how to eliminate it
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm

I was productive for two rounds of 45 min - the second round I was mainly entering emails for dh's bd digital invitation. Dfriend M came by at 3 p.m. to borrow some of my lap trays because she's having a party at her house. We had already arranged what time she would come by. Then dd got home and wanted me to help her sort things upstairs. We're on the outs right now because I told her my back has been hurting and I wanted her to get the big Goodwill box downstairs to the garage, then she asked me to help her! I also asked her to bring down the trash for me as well.

I am going to give myself 15 min in the garage with a timer for some clean up there. Also need to move over laundry to dryer. Wish I was napping...

LadyM, the way of eating I am on (mostly) is protein, some fat, slow carbs and no sugar. A lot of people do stop craving sugar when they are off it. I am not eating sugar, although I am still eating bread, pizza and stuff with a too high glycemic index. You probably can't stop sugar tomorrow and go 30 days without it, but decreasing it is a good start....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

3:30 — I’m finished with doctor but have to sign in and sit for allergy shot serums. Sheesh. And the nurses I’ve been with since all this started have left this doctor and started their own clinic.
They just said they were “off their routine” today and apologized.
Sigh.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Aaaauuuugggghhh!
Y’all are not going to BELIEVE this.
New nurse told me “It was not an easy split. B & D — former nurses — aren’t working anywhere right now. And here’s your paper (showed me my chart) and you can see that they marked out where you were supposed to get yours, I guess bc they realized they wouldn’t be here... but it makes us look bad, makes them look bad... and bc of that we don’t have yours mixed and ready.., but we are going to work this weekend to get caught up and we should have it to you by the first of the week... I am so sorry...”
WOW. My goodness.
I like the doctor, although I’ve only seen him once I think since he took over my first doctor’s practice... but I wonder what on earth happened with him and these nurses??? I’m sure there’s bound to be two sides to this story. Wow.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”