THURSDAY TOTALS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: THURSDAY TOTALS

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Lalala Two Sparkling Bathrooms and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Hopefully before the day is over I have more than that to report.

Dd2 is not sure her dh will be able to go to the movie after all. So we will find out when he gets here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 pm

ooo sparkling bathrooms!!!! Well done! even with a partridge in a pear tree d lilac! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm

went to get hair coloured - done
It's cold but I refused to pay an extra $10 for blowing drying my hair - so I drove home with the heat on at high fan!

dinner: I hadn't planned anything :o Now what

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm

wow d lucy - how strange! I am sorry it was such a hassle today

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:25 pm

hi d lady
The first 9 hours of today has been productive and with no drama or problems. It is such a sweet moment to stop & realize this
wonderful

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

d twins I am so sorry your back is still hurting!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:29 pm

hi d kathryn

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm

It's not like it has been, bw2, and I'm trying to protect it some too. I worked more than 15 min and it's a huge improvement to the garage. Tomorrow I need to get to Habitat and the pet shelter with donations, and also return two large bowls to a friend who runs a restaurant. I also made an appt for a manicure tomorrow.

Kathryn, I do love the family stories. Some you do find out aren't true - there was a story in my family that my gr gr grandmother, whose given name was "Texas" had gone to Oregon in a covered wagon and came back. I just don't think it's true, but I do know that her father was in the U. S. army at Fort Laramie, Dakota territory which was on the Oregon trail. And that may be where the family story originated. A lot of times there is an element of truth, it's just finding it.

At my mother's house over the weekend I found the "funeral book" for my grandfather's funeral in 1966. I'm having fun identifying some of the names.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Home from DS9 Christmas party. Guess what he received as a gift? A whole bag full of cookies and candy. MORE sugar.

As an adult, I would struggle to give up sugar but I have done it in the past and feel fairly confident I could again. I don't eat much sugar because it cost too many WW points. My challenge is to put DS9 in an environment where he can give up sugar. Everywhere he goes there is sugar. If he never left the house it would still be a challenge because he has 2 Great Grandmothers that bake sweets as a way to show their love. I could ask them to stop it......but that present a whole new challenge. Breaking the habits of both 86 year old Great Grandmothers......yeah.....probably not going to happen.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm

it is hard to tell the family to stop baking at that age. I hope the sugar doesn't affect him too much d lady!

I am glad it is a bit better but I am praying your back issues totally disappear! It's very thoughtful of you to drop off those donations. Have fun at your manicurist - I am going with dd older on Saturday for a pedicure - once she started me on this I can't stop :D dd older does a manicure and pedicure. It's fun to go with her. She pays her way and I pay mine :D even better

Also regarding names - anytime my girls had events - bc I am Catholic in tradition I have had family member sign their baptism and communion books and I love seeing their great grandparents, their grandparents and great aunts and great uncles in the books because I remember when they signed their names and the joy of the day.

Return to “Post When You Can”