THURSDAY TOTALS

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: THURSDAY TOTALS

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:09 pm

I finally completed the church council minutes and sent them off to our secretary. Tried calling her but there was no answer at church. Between one of the members of the Board of Deacons, the Moderator and myself, we decided against including any notes from the Deacons in the minutes (since I have none and have received none.)

DD called earlier to have me send pics of her 2 prescriptions for migraines. She had gone to one of the school board's clinics. They gave her a shot and a prescription. She appeared at home about an hour ago. She was feeling somewhat better within a half hour of taking the script. She's napping right now. Knew she was in rough shape last night and it only got worse. She has to call her neurologist and tell him what these Drs have put her on. She never takes a sick day. Dawned on her before she laid down that she better call the teacher who rides to school with her -so she can arrange for someone to pick her up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

I am saying a prayer for her sister d kathryn

Good Morning d Harriet! Always nice to see your smiling face! so happy the deposit was correct! I am thinking and praying for your sweet dd 19 as she goes through tests and projects! So happy you were able to talk to her!n

Good morning d Nancy! yay on getting your decor exchanged!

Good morning d Elizabeth! wow you have been busy this morning! good for you. Hoping you are not getting an ear infection

yay d kathryn on having a good day!!!

d dee - praying that your dd's migraine stay away! it's so hard and it just knocks out your days.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 pm

I am changing my music as dh smiled and me and asked "so when does the music end, even though it's W-o-n-d-e-r-ful" :lol: such a goof.

vacuumed where dh pulled stuff from under couch and the room - used swiffer duster underneath - I don't plan on washing the floor or moving furniture until after January

dh is annoying me - he normally does not see things that are dirty but he is putting the couch cushions on again - that I am sewing - :shock: He can't clean the bathroom because he doesn't see this but this he notices ;) :roll: :)

surface vacuumed the dining room, front room, front hall and bathroom. then slip shod surface swiffer duster and then swiffer wash (surface only)
so first floor dailies are done. :D I even took the swiffer rinser and swiped the wall where the dogs go in and out. no real work but it looks better.

dog bedding washed and now drying :D

I feel cranky! ;)

I signed up for Masterclass - I will let you know how it is - Thomas Keller's lessons

okay: I can feel myself going into the computer rabbit hole - shutting down the computer for a bit to get focused.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm

I'm glad to hear Stratton could relax last night. I wonder if he believes that calling out every night has brought Briggs back?
I have to giggle at Briggs and Stratton together again!

Kathryn, as a fellow "family historian" the story yesterday with your granddad was wonderful! I did see a couple of articles yesterday about the explosion - didn't know if you might be interested that the event is remembered: http://www.legalgenealogist.com/2017/12 ... g-halifax/ and also from the NEHGS: https://www.facebook.com/nehgs/posts/10155917044584451

I have been terribly achy lately and I know that I was due for a massage. Just tightness this time, not so much out of balance, but hopeful for less aches as I move around. This afternoon I am either helping dd with her boxes and her room and the storage room upstairs, or working on the garage. I need to load a bunch of stuff in my car to go to the Habitat store, and dd has a big box of GOodwill stuff. I am going to get her to bring that stuff done, there's also trash up there that we didn't have room for in the can this week. :shock:

The first thing I need to do is to backtrack on a.m. routine. I am going to set a timer for 45 min to :15 before the house....anyone want to go along?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:08 pm

I am hoping you will be less achy d twins! feel better. Glad you were able to get a massage! Good for you! I loved your links - really interesting.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Yesterday I just showered, brushed my teeth and washed my face. Today I have done that plus hair and makeup. I am making progress. Now to clean. It's at the point I need to clean again before putting out decorations. Here goes nothing...........................

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Twins: LOL at you comment to me because I failed completely! I told the story of family lore which this morning I proved could not be true. I put it on my Facebook feed along with a picture of my grandfather as a young man and asked my cousins if they knew when the picture was taken (he looks similar to the pictures with my grandmother around when they were married in 1910 but it is not the same trip to the photographer (different outfit.)

One asked if I have the log books (answer: no - they stay with the ship and my grandfather didn't own the ship) but I went to say I had his astrological tables and discovered it was 1: Nautical Tables and 2: from 1926 so the signature is likely my father not my grandfather (same name.)

BUT inside the Nautical Table book was a 2 page letter from Reinhardt Brothers (who owned the ships my grandfather captained) including the long run he made in 1917. That has him arriving in St. John's, Newfoundland on Dec. 1 and leaving on December 28. He left Sydney, Cape Breton on November 25, arriving in St. John's on Dec. 1, so there's no way he could sail back to Canso in that time (going against prevailing winds) so the story is family lore.

But it is backup for the story of what happened in 1919. My grandfather set sail 4 days before my father was born in January of 1917, coming back to home port in October, heading out again and returning in October 1918, and then out again, returning in November 1919. By then my dad was 34 months old and would not have any memory of a father at all.

My grandfather came up the walk, into the kitchen and gathered my grandmother up in his arms. My father (not yet 3) grabbed a knife off the drying rack and stabbed at the man 'attacking' his mother.

I can't imagine having my husband away that much. They managed to have 4 kids! My cousin's father was born in 1919 so would have been conceived in October 1918.

My grandmother didn't have a lot of family around, her own immediate family had moved to Boston area at some point. But family is fluid, even in those times. When she was 3 she left home to live two maiden aunts down the road who helped the shop keeper in return for room and board. She moved in with them and Granddaddy Wolfe figured in my father's upbringing so I'm guess he not only looked after the Aunts and their niece but also kept an eye on the niece's family since there wasn't a man in the house most of the time.

My Nana was a tough woman. I just had no idea how tough.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Despite paying our car insurance in November that was due Dec. 3, I hadn't put the insurance renewal paper in the vehicles until today. I didn't even remember them until I ran across them on the 5th. I had them in sight so that neither of us left the house again without them in their proper vehicle. Since I will be taking dgd8 to gymnastics, I didn't want to run the risk of getting stopped and cited for no proof of current insurance with both dgds in the car. That would not be good.

It is only suppose to be in the 30's today. While I was putting the paper in the older Jeep, I noticed that across the street, the kids were outside at recess. Brrrrrrrr

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm

I was afraid I was going to be late for allergy appt... at 1:00. Got here about 1:05 and I am still waiting... at 1:54...
sigh
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Twins, I'd have worked with you - if I wasn't so bushed. I might crawl into bed for a bit.

Despite working 4 hours last evening on this project, we managed to do another 4 hours this morning together including the time it took to go to 2 offices and submit everything. Plus yesterday DH spent the morning out on the jobsite doing something to produce a paper we worked on together a couple hours. Plus multiple hours here and there to just get this done, to say nothing of days and days and days of work for the people's mortgage broker. Lemmetellya it is no simple deal to build a house in Florida.

We worked on the car a bit, a bit of detective work to find more leaks. Then I went to the dentist for a cleaning and for them to look at my rough bridge.

It is just the enamel on the metal structure underneath that had crumbled off on the middle "tooth" and it is on the side just inside my cheek. It doesn't hurt, it would be hard for anyone to see it, and nothing has happened to the little nubbins of teeth left underneath on either side. So the dentist said I could just let it be if I choose to and save myself $3,000.00. :o :shock: :? So I think I will do that until and if it crumbles further or does something to the metal structure underneath.

Had a phone message to go back to county office to pickup more papers and I did that after I stopped for gas. More copying and organizing and phone calling back home...but ta-da I am done now. All I have to do is make something for dinner and I will get something out of the freezer. Going to go take a nap now.

Something happened to my computer, it is the correct time now. I never got around to fixing it. My, that was easy! :mrgreen:

Return to “Post When You Can”