Finish up Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Finish up Friday

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Just a peek in...

Dee... the migraine medicin sound like my Maxalt... it’s a melt and I am only allowed 9 pills a month. But sometimes I have no headaches per month and other times 12-15. It is the only med that works for me so I hoard them during my non-migraine months. My girlfriend has the same problem and we were laughing about it the other morning that sometime we feel like drug addicts cause of the way we covet our pills.

And for the first time ever walgreen can not fill my generic Vicodin ... they told me all heir stores in the area are out and there is no back order...and they have no idea when they will get any in. I’m going on th CVS tomorrow but I don’t have much hope.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm

RRose, I hope you can find your medicine somewhere.

Dee, that must have been some awful year you had. Did they ever fix your leg correctly? And I wish they would fill your medicine correctly. I went to WM and checked on mine which was supposed to be ordered, but they say they never received the order. Again. This happens way too often. When I call the dr. office, they always get mad and say they ordered it. So somebody's incompetence makes ME look like the bad guy. I wish they'd give paper prescriptions like they did years ago. That worked 100% of the time.

I tried getting groceries. It took twice as long to get half as much. They "reorganized" everything and they way it is makes no sense at all to me. Candy on one side of the aisle and vegetables on the other side of the same aisle. Paper goods all the way in the back of the store causing a long walk. Office supplies are almost impossible to find, I was looking for something in mens and never could find mens dept.

And I don't know what was going on but the store was so cold I couldn't stand it. Especially back by the deli and meat. I ended up leaving with half what I went for.

Ran an errand for DH on the way home. I wished there were 2 of me, he could keep both of us busy. Clone?

I am so overwhelmed I'm having problems doing the littlest things. Can't find my shoes, etc. that kind of stuff. Tonight I got us both dressed and out to my friend's Christmas get-together which was LAST week. Nobody there. I felt like a dope. We didn't get the email until after it was over because of our down computer. I'd talked to her at church but misunderstood what she said and actually put it on the calendar that way. :( Last Friday we couldn't have made it anyway.

Big list in front of me for tomorrow. Won't get it all done because we need to work on the car and I won't have it to go out. We're supposed to go down into the 40's. Brrrrrr! I saw all the snow on TWC. Glad it isn't here.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh my goodness, Harmony, I have a super big list for tomorrow too! I’ll be right there with you. Kinda glad we didn’t make it to College Town bc I sure wouldn’t get anything done there!

We’re about to go into a movie....
just met dbil and his DATE coming out!!!
They’ve been seeing each other for several weeks now... very interesting....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:03 am

Dog got again had to look at the fence line again, found a tree branch from the neighbors had knocked a bit of temp fence down. Put that back in place and the seems to have sloved the problem.

Got the floors done upstairs except the office and spiffed up the bathrooms, kitchen is tolerable. Cooked hb patty froz. & froz. Veg. In the IP for mmy dinner. So I have learned how to make something else now yea.

We had a bit of snow here today just a skiff.

When I was growing up we had bees and cooked with honey 2/3rds c. instead of 1 c. Of sugar. Tasty in some of the things we had like spice cake, and oatmeal cookies.
I cannot it now bc it messes up my glocuse levels but might work for LM's dson. Glad to hear tics are less wout artifical dyes so it is progress to work towards in the new year as a goal. I need to think on goals for healthier eating as well. Hope it helps.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:34 am

Have been trying hard to post, but constantly interrupted.

Not completely CUOP but need to just go ahead and hit submit.

4 hours beginning 7:15 with toddlerC and though I did get a few things done such as mopping, not a lot. Did some cooking for her only to have her turn it down, lol. HRH ran out of shampoo and knocked on the shower wall for my attention (this was relatively early) and she, so convinced her Daddy was knocking at a door, went into meltdown when she turned out to be wrong. It took a good while to forgive either grandparent for that, since it was obviously our fault! HRH's friend came about 10 and by then, she was such an angel that he went on and on about not even believing a child could be so well-behaved! :lol:

Soon after toddlerC's aunt came to pick her up, the rain changed to snow. We found ourselves constantly watching the weather as the precip got heavier and visibility went down, and friend did leave a little earlier than planned, thinking of traffic.

Since then, I've just gotten the basics done.
Did get my recent blood work all lined up by date.

I'd certainly agree with the comment that if sugar is REPLACED for ds, be sure not to do it with chemical/artificial concoctions since many side effects are associated with these, and others suspected. The plants that sugar comes from - mostly beets but also sugar cane, are not culprits at all, and don't cause reactions, side effects, or really any trouble. But the way in which they are processed for sugar turns them into something we shouldn't have in large amounts. Americans used to average eating 4 pounds of sugar per year before the 20th century, and probably wouldn't see any problems from that or even twice that, but now we average 160 pounds. HFCS, of course, wasn't in existence until the 70s, so we can't blame the corn plant for how HFCS beats up on our livers, either.

In general, plants as grown don't cause trouble and are healthful, although finding out any particular ones that bother you is always wise. As healthy as a tangerine might be for all of us in the village, my dd19 mustn't eat it, for instance. It's a puzzle to sweeten naturally if you don't want sugars. Fruits can do some. We don't try living without sugar here, but monkfruit drops help me reduce it. I'd think it would be tough to go "cold-turkey" on sugar, and would be glad that there was only a one-month suggestion rather than longer. Btw, American Heart Assoc guidelines say 100 calories daily from sugar for women.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:23 am

PM'd LM re some food thoughts. my experiences.

I'm with you on the concentration and how much of something we eat Harriet.
Artificial concoctions . Sweet things . MSG is another. Salt.
IMO Industry wants us to be addicted to excess by the way they combine flavours.
I'm sure a tsp of sugar in tea is ok, as is a slice of banana bread, if you aren't having a feast of other sugar filled things at the same time.
I know RR and I both chose to desist, but that is just a cause and effect thing we have worked out.

Saturday
online group.
found my shopping trolly's bag had weathered in the time it has sat there. measured the bag. (I need to construct a new one.)
cleaned the frame.
library books. bus. msg to me - don't get so many books. grocery bags.
New trolleys are a smaller size that doesn't take a freezer bag, so didn't buy one
Library. less books. also chosen for size and paperback weight.
groceries. meat milk yoghurt frozen peas as cold pack. 1/2 celery bananas beans swede.
walk to bus stop. considered a taxi, but waited. Kind driver let me off at the corner near my house.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 am

Waving to everyone! And to all a good night!
Apparently dh and I just decided to pack our stuff up and ride it around for 11.5 hour’s. LOL! Of course, we did see some beautiful scenery, tried out a new restaurant, and saw a funny movie. (Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones in Just Getting Started.)
It was a good day.
And I am VERY thankful for our safety. I’m sure some are out there tonight who did not fare as well as we did.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”