Finish up Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Finish up Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:04 am

What did you start this week that needs finishing up before the weekend?

Get 'er done!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Finish up Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 am

Hmmmm, I wonder if "get 'er done!" is an colloquial expression here?

For me it is reclaiming my table and getting the Christmas cards that are done, out. I still have the Boxing Day invites to send out but that's another day's work - the card box can be moved to the side of the dining room, off the table.

I've got all the planning done for Sunday, except the decision about whether we are raffling off gifts this year. The RA has a ton of money so we are trying to get into spending some of it. Last year we raffled off small gifts. This year, my idea is to pick up 3 from boutique stores in the area, pay cash and include the receipt so people can either keep the gift or regift it. I have to walk the length of our High Street today since the post office is at the far end of the village so I can hit the stores on my walk home.

See how these two finishing up chores are nicely meshed?!

We leave at 1 p.m. for the curling. I've made contact with my niece so she'll meet us when we get to the arena.

Next up is s2s and eat breakfast.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

Aye, aye! Will (try) to finish up! Just asked dh to take dsonil with him to find batteries for the lights at church. :D Hopefully dsonil doesn't have anything else planned. I need to stay here and get something done. Dh just knocked my very nice pill holder off the table and of course it broke into 20 pieces. I loved that dish. :( He's NEVER on this side of our table!

Meeting dbil/dsisil about 4:30 today at Peeble's barbecue. They are quite famous and many travelers seem to seek it out. They're only open Thurs, Fri, and Sat from about 4. A family owned and run business for probably close to 50 years and oh so good!

Off to do breakfast. We're up really late. I barely slept after 2 so I'm weary.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

I am heading out in a few minutes to get a manicure. My car holds things to be dropped off at three different places today so that will be my finish 'er up after the manicure. Also making chocolate bourbon balls later for cookie exchange tomorrow at neighbor's. I need to figure out shabbas dinner tonight - are we "doing" shabbas, and will dh be home?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

Christmas decorating - insurance - laundry - d mom's medical information
is what needs finishing

also I Have to make dinner this morning so I am not too tired tonight.

I have a couple things going on tomorrow: walk with sweet sis in laws
meet with d bro re: insurance and talking about d mom

It was 16 deg when I woke up - more back to normal - now we need snow after the lawn is raked again :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 am

I'm 'down' to finishing coffee then I'll do a round robin to pupa around here. Want to get another bin/box from the garage. What I thought was a box of cookbooks yesterday, turned out to be a box of photo albums. Had put them all away except the last and opened it. It was pictures from our vdfriends who just passed away. Going to try to get them copied after the first of the year and send to the daughter who is a fellow church member. Know she'll love them! There's several of her ddad who passed away in '87 or so with several of them and our dks. It was Christmas Day I think -we used to go there every Christmas for a buffet in the afternoon. In fact that's where we were Christmas '77 when I tripped over their poodle and broke one leg and severely tore apart the other ankle/leg. That's a Christmas we'll all remember!

DD came home from school early yesterday afternoon (after going to the school board's clinic). They gave her a shot and then a prescription for a quick dissolve pill. After she took that she was quite good within a 1/2 hour. Going to call her neurologist and leave a message about what they gave her. She'd really suffered for 3 days and nothing was touching it until....... The Dr. at the clinic was a little bit mystified wondering why she hadn't been prescribed this before. There's only 12 pills per script so she'll need to have it refilled and keep some with her. Actually they owe her 6 of that first script and they'll be in tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 am

I would love that recipe d twins. have fun at the nail salon - also great job on having things in your car to drop off along the way!

hi d dee - can you come to my house to get my act in gear to finish up Friday! I am so sorry that dish broke! I am still praying for you dd and those awful migraines. Has she tried oxygen yet at the hospital - I have been hearing that really can make a difference. I am looking into it for dd younger.

hi d kathryn - yep - "get 'er done" is definitely something that has been used here for a long time! when dd younger was a toddler she would also say "yep" and "nope" but I am not sure where she got that from because no one in the family spoke those words 8-) She didn't talk a lot but would just say Yep and Nope and that's it :D

I hope everyone one today has a wonderful productive "get 'er done" day!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am

Breakfast and s2s are done (although I still have to straighten my hair, I'm letting it air dry a bit rather than overdry it with the hair dryer.)

Printing off some signs and gathering up the mail and then I'm on my way - drop off signs, drop off mail (buy stamps for overseas), pick up small gifts, quick lunch.)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:01 pm

waited for d brother but he hasn't come over yet to discuss insurance and d mom

so I might as well start on stuff until he comes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Fence fixing done I hope any way went better than I thought it would when I realized I had supplies on hand for at least a temp. Fix. Did it while I was doing hen chores.

Journaling done.
Bed made.
Payroll weekend, h sat. As well.
My menu seems the same meat veg. Left over h soup each week just rotate meats, vegs. Move h change w seasons how simple is that! Gotta love it.

I have been watching u tubes on adgendio planners U can customise not cheap however
Sorry I do not know how to make it small. Mods please fix or delete if not okay.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://agendio.com/&ved=0ahUKEwi0m46p6frXAhUE94MKHdVWDpEQFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw1t2yvmfUM5rkPuPgyvdXEN
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”