SCRATCHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SCRATCHING SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:18 am

No, not like in 'scratching an itch' (though you might have one or two). I mean 'scratching' items off that list you've been compiling for this month. Here's hoping you can scratch some things off and make your life easier.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: SCRATCHING SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:24 am

I did 'much better' in the sleep department last night. :| I managed to sleep until 2:45 (instead of 2). Was awake a couple of hours and then slept very fitfully. Got up a little after 7 to take my thyroid med -which I am incidentally going to be calling Xpress Scripts about again today. I printed out the conversation I had with them last Saturday. "It's all taken care of and you should receive your medication in 3-5 days". Wrong. I did manage to purchase a 14-day supply at the drug store yesterday.

DD and dsonil went to her staff Christmas gathering last night. It was held at a private home and because it was raining everyone was inside. 30+ people were in a very small area not even as large as our living room here. Dsonil only stayed about 1/2 hour and dd let him off the hook and he came home. He doesn't do well at all in crowds or if he's hemmed in. They're going to Tampa later to see his dsis in St. Joe's in Tampa. She's not been doing very well and I understand the infection they did surgery for a while back is back in full force.

Dh and I are going to our church Christmas party this afternoon. I have 'lil smokies going in the crockpot -put them in a little after 7 this morning.

Cooled off a lot during the night. Know the indoor thermometer was reading 61 this morning. Warmer now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:50 am

I have shaped and rolled the fudgy bourbon balls - some in pecans and some in cocoa - and they are chilling out. THey were very very soft instead of firm. I need to be across the street in about 40 min for the cookie exchange. (Why am I even doing this with the housewifely neighbors?) So, I need to
-get dressed, clean up
-walk the ddog
-have some breakfast so I won't be starving for cookies
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:59 am

yesterday I let d brothers visit and talking to d mom bring me down for the rest of the day but today I am feeling better. Thank you d lucy!

I missed my walk with d sis in laws because I was up late last night waiting for dd younger to come home - she went to a Christmas party even though she was in pain. We had ice here last night and dd younger is not used to driving on ice; which kept me awake until she came home. I literally missed my alarm. DD younger was an hours late to class - she missed the 7:17 train downtown and another train doesn't come here until an hour later.

for me is believing in myself Saturday - especially after yesterday - why I let depression take over and then stall is beyond me.
so pushing towards the positive :D

those fudgy bourbon balls sound amazing! I wish I was there d twins!!!! I do hope you have fun!

hi d dee so happy you slept a little better but I hope you can sleep a full 8 hours tonight. have fun at the church Christmas party D dee!

I have all the christmas ornaments in the front room ready to decorate our tree when I get it. I already dropped off dd younger at the train station so that is something.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 am

I know I should do the kitchen but I think I will get those lights on the front windows (inside)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:52 am

Morning y’all...

I have plenty i could do by really don’t care. I need some down time. Everything will still be where it is when I’m ready.

I only put up the bare essential decorations this year and really like it. So I’ve made a grand decision to ditch all my ther decorations and donate it all to good will. Kind of excited about the idea.

My school has an angel tree and my angel is a girl. She wanted clothes and a penny board. Had to look that up
...it’s the original size scateboard. Ordered it from Amazon and go it yesterday. Going to buy her some legged pjs, scarf, hat mittens and a hoodie ...also a couple of inexpensive chokers the girls are wearing and some perfume and bath stuff. Will most likely include a few tea shirts as well.

Cool weather has finally arrive and I am enjoying it. Planning some outside time before the weekend is over. Off for my second cup of coffee... enjoy your day where ever it leads you :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:39 pm

We have cold temps. All next week here.
Tree is up my main item done yea. 5 min. Task nothing but lights on it these days.
Payroll in a while till 6-ish. H is working so having a quiet morning. Got the morning routine stuff done. Yesterday saw the dog had messed up the bed. Her version of "helping" maybe! LOL!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:57 pm

It is basically noon here.

Not a lot to show for the first half of the day. A couple of emails sent and a few magazine articles read. Watched a cute video of dgs putting away laundry. He's so tiny!

Computer is no better than it was for coming up from a sleep. Restart boot-time is lower but it is still about 5 minutes to come up from sleep. That should be within a minute, not much, much, more time than a cold start.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm home from cookie exchange. Exactly why did I want to bring home all these cookies again? LOL, dh and dkids will enjoy. And I've had my fill of socializing with the "ladies."

M may be coming by to bring home back my laps trays. She said they were a hit last night for those eating on the couch and chairs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm finally dressed.

Got an email about over refugee financing. Sigh.... now the other group is worried about how W & R will manage. For months and months I kept stressing finances had to be well understood before the families arrive. This one is from the woman who spent $1400 of the $4400 in start-up money. (Twice what I spent!) Now she is really concerned about money. Yet not one jacket or pair of boots was bought from Walmart. Only the mid-range shops and hiking stores.

In my experience, buying top of the line is unnecessary. Our other family simply refused to wear boots and wouldn't go out at all when it was cold. So having great clothing didn't matter.

This woman also wants me to stop paying the rent directly and give the money to W to pay it. I'd love to do that but SHE is listed on the lease and if W doesn't pay the rent, the landlord will come after her. And she, in turn, will come after the church, therefore I have to pay the rent directly.

Return to “Post When You Can”