SCRATCHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: SCRATCHING SATURDAY

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi!

Twin's mom I was going to say that sometimes it's just nice to get together with other women. Not every time, but sometimes.

I haven't scratched much of anything lately. I did pick up some cards to distribute on Tuesday at the Women's Institute Beamsville branch Christmas party. Not something I am familiar with doing, so when I found some cards that came out to 50 cents each, I grabbed 2 boxes of 12. I can use one card each for dd and her male friend. There are 2 different designs in each box.

A very spicy meat sauce with sausages is in the crockpot for dh for supper. He requested a sauce with sausages instead of ground meat and he would like linguine pasta. I will open a can of sauce and heat some meatballs up for me instead of the sauce I usually make.

Kathryn, let them come after her. Then she will actually find out what her request means.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:47 pm

I am scratching... scratching...
Scratched off the list so far --
* chose pictures of the dgrands to include w/Christmas cards
* started download of pictures to "free prints" app * MORE ON THIS LATER * :evil:
* typed teachers' meeting notes
* typed administrative council notes
* started troubleshooting computer stuff

Free prints app... Well, first, it's not entirely free -- you pay for shipping, and you pay for multiple prints of the same photo. OTOH, it still -- SO FAR -- appears to be very cheap and I'd like to try it... BUT...
I am pretty sure I have the slowest internet in the history of the internet. It has been over an hour, I think, and it has only uploaded 51 of 84 pictures. Good grief. But I don't know if that's a problem with the app, my phone, or the internet itself.
* sheesh *
(((Kathryn))) for your computer frustrations as well.
*** AND for frustrations with the other refugee group. My goodness. Very tempting to just smile and say, "I told you so," isn't it?

So the rest of the stuff that needs scratching off today --
[x] print labels for the pictures
[ ] address Christmas cards
[x] email notes to people in charge of the teachers' group and the church council
[ ] s2s
[ ] exercise

OTOH -- I also feel a bit like Rose:
I have plenty i could do by really don’t care. I need some down time. Everything will still be where it is when I’m ready.

I'd like to curl up with my magazines and books and just chill out for a while. This has been a busy busy week, and next week is going to be hectic too.
Tis the season, right?

I do have an itch, LOL. My face is sooo dry. Nose peeling, dry scaly patches along jawline, I just feel yucky when I look at my face. Probably winter weather, and I'd like to try a heavier moisturizer, but dermatologist recommended Cerave, and I don't want to change until I see him. In JANUARY.
Groan.

I am so sorry about your dsil's sister, Dee... I know this has to be weighing heavy on his mind, and all of you. What is the latest word on his new job? He may be having mixed feelings about leaving, also, considering his dsis' health. But it has to be so exciting, also, and they sooo needed some good news in this Christmas season!

(Why am I even doing this with the housewifely neighbors?)

LOL, Twins! IKWYM!!! :lol: You'll probably have fun once you get there!

I may be thinking that tomorrow, if dmom IS agreeable to going to the tour of homes. I'll be thinking WHY am I doing this??? But I know we will have fun, IF we go. With dmom * AND with ME, to be honest, unless dh is in charge of the activiy * it's always IF until we actually find ourselves on our way...

Blessed -- :D ;) You're very welcome!
Everyone's food sounds amazing, doesn't it? I want some fudgy bourbon balls, AND some little smokies, AND some of LadyM's dmom/dmil's cookies, AND Cathy's spicy meat sauce, AND whatever else any of y'all are having!

Dogs and children seem to help in similar ways, don't they, Nancy?

I noticed Harriet had a day something like some of mine yesterday! :D The only reason I can get anything done when dgd is here is because I HAVE TO keep myself up and moving. She is so quiet that if I just SIT and watch her, I will literally fall asleep on those days when I have to get up early to babysit. Luckily, she loves to follow me around and sometimes pretend to help, so I use that to motivate myself when she is here.
With dgs, he wants to be entertained more -- he is more of the "watch this, Nana" type -- so there is not a lot of quiet time with him.

UPDATE... now it says 55 uploaded, but approx 17 it says "failed to upload." This may not be worth the trouble!
But free prints would be great. I think it allows you 85 per month or something like that. I take a LOT of pictures, and I do want to print them all, so it would be a big savings... but if it takes all day long to load half of them... :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by lucylee on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:49 pm

15 to noon here, laundry is going the bous are here. Did a toy rotation. Next up make jello. Then let hens out for free range time. Good news found the card mom sent me last year put it with the special decor box.i made up jello bc of the sickies.lunch is ovef. H fixed the fence that came apart agaIn. Lunch is over. 4 yo is napping, 1yo is close.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Edited above -- I got the labels printed ("only" wasted 2 pages :roll: ) and sent the emails.

5 of my pictures never would download, and now I've lost track of which ones those were. :roll: Oh well, they are on my computer. I guess when I get the shipment in 4-8 days, I can see what is missing.
BTW -- I'll let y'all know later about the quality of these pictures, but the cost would have been $10.99 (shipping) for 85 free prints. I ended up paying $20.35, b/c I got 53 copies of 2 of my pictures, and I paid an extra dollar to get expedited (? Is that the word?) shipping -- 4-8 days instead of 8-13 days. Still, the extra copies were only 9 cents each, so I don't think I could do better at Wmart or somewhere.

Since I seem to be glued to this chair, I shall check...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

hi again! I went out and bought two merry Christmas wreaths (like the old days) for the kitchen windows; there is also a window over the sink but I have s swedish dala horse on top . I also put cedar boughs around even though I know they will be dry soon ;) It smells wonderful in the house

I hope you are all fine! I will check in soon... much love to all of you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Now to go in the basement and get the last box

then room by room management of clutter
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Looks like S napfish has a good offer -- I think 100 free prints.
Unfortunately, at the rate this computer is working, the offer will probably expire before I get my pics downloaded.
And unfortunately x2, I am asking it to download 291 pics, so I'll have to go through those and cull some almost-duplicates from that. I know I don't need ALL 291!
And unfortunately x3, I'll probably still end up wasting some on unintended copies OR missing some I wanted to get, since I can't see exactly which ones went to the free prints.

If it ever finishes the download, I guess I will just hang on to these for a week or so -- if the offer lasts that long! -- and double check what is coming from the phone app. I tried to count back on my photo stream, but I'm not sure where it stopped.

Oh my... this is not the wisest use of my time today, but it IS something I truly need to get done.

Resolution (# 75?) for 2018 -- keep up with photo printing and organizing!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm

I had h pick up a few things from tne store said if chicken breasts were on sale to go ahead and stock up. h noticed yhe sale was like double regular price he told em and they had to fox that he got a good deal. So I froz some will be learning how to do em in the IP.

1yo is asleep now too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:36 pm

No! It's 999 prints free!
But if your internet connection is lost... it might as well be 9 million.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:28 pm

LOL LucyLee!

I should add your new year resolution to my list!

For me, I upload to Costco and pay 10 cents each, ready for pick up the following day. But if you don't have a Costco that is not useful.

We walked to the fun stores on the High Street and picked up 3 raffle gifts for the party tomorrow. I'm happy with the choices but got gift receipts so people can exchange for something else if they want.

Now we are at the pub.

I didn't really accomplish anything today except for vacuuming the bedroom.

Return to “Post When You Can”