SCRATCHING SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: SCRATCHING SATURDAY

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I cook meat ahead turkey sausage for pizza and omelets for Sunday breakfast and lunch, made oatmeal today all on the stove. Kid are up now watching tow truck vids.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm sure glad we don't do so many photographs any more. And I sure don't try to do the computer thing with them. We put them on a memory stick or take the stick right out of the camera. I go to the drugstore and put it in their machine and go through their program, then in an hour they are ready for pickup. I have to do that when DH takes pictures of something on a jobsite he needs for the inspector. I can't wait for a slow computer! LOL Lucylee!

Computer did its thing again, wouldn't wake up. So we did the same thing I did the other morning and got it going again. I guess this is something we are going to have to address.

I got some stuff done today, but more not done. It is cold and rained off and on, that misty blowey stuff. So I didn't get out to put lights out. And I did help DH with the car while he changed a hose that had gotten brittle. We have 1 more hose to change but have to wait for those hoses to come in. And I didn't get out to do the rest of the grocery shopping.

I don't know when or how I'll get the rest of my shopping done, or cookies this year (will I even bother?) or packing everything to send; or or or...

DH needs to go to the dentist, they've been filling a tooth of his and each time he gets the notice: YOU NEED A CROWN! So there's another $1200. AK! We've spent so much money this month and last. It's a good thing I'm not getting my bridge done.

I found a turkey carcass in the freezer and made that into turkey broth and I made a big pot of black bean soup, minus the bacon of course. I think it's delicious and I'll make that again. Lots of fiber in that.

Have a nice night, everyone.
Last edited by Harmony on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Home from our little town Christmas Parade and then gathering at the community center. I love this time of the year!

Today's 4 hour Cake Decorating 101 Class took over 7 hours! The teacher was very knowledgeable and made class fun. It was 99% hands-on and the time went by so fast that it seemed like only an hour or so. There is MUCH MORE involved in making and decorating a cake than I ever imagined. The teacher has been doing cakes professionally for decades and has perfected about every aspect of cake decorating. I have 8 pages of notes that I took during the class of do/don't tips & tricks. My head is spinning from all the information.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 pm

I mopped the floor when I got home. And got dh to put new nails up in the broom closet because things fell down on me again (this is a regular occurrence.) Everything but one mop has a spot now. I intend to give the mop away to the new family when they arrive (and one of the many buckets I have in there but all my extra ones nest so they aren't taking too much room.) We moved the extra shelving to the basement locker. In my linen closet and this closet the shelves are deep but you can remove the front half. In the linen closet that makes the higher up shelves more accessible and there I could lay the front half of the shelf on the back half for storing. In the broom closet taking out the front half of all shelves left me room for the vacuum and mops. But the wood ate into my vacuum space so taking the shelves downstairs was a good move.

I did very small bit of tidying and am heading off to bed now. I'm exhausted. We have steady snow and it looks pretty outside.

Return to “Post When You Can”